I think I understand the meaning of the message..

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: I think I understand the meaning of the message..

Postby SAM2 PS2 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:07 am

LanDC wrote:Look at the quote from the new English message on Shenmue.com..

"But we believe that we have something for you in the future. Please have a Merry Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year!! "

To me, I think this is a way of saying that there will be something for us at E3.... Yeah I hope. Damn, why can't they just SAY IT! Well. Atleast we finally got their attention, and they aren't acting like Shenmue never existed anymore.
I agree! I'm still bummed that it wasn't a Shenmue III update, but....

..THERE'S ALWAYS E3 [-o< =P~ :lol: :!: :?: ;)

8)
SAM2 PS2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby waser2 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:00 am

how many days till E3 again?
waser2
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Dr.Ryo » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:34 am

I don't think its positive that MS are going to show off Xbox 2. That means the attention for Xb players will be on that machine and not on a Shenmue 3 (if they'll show it then of course)

Maybe they're going to announce it the same way as they did with Virtua Fighter Quest? Thats ok for me, especially becaus this means we can get real Shenmue 3 news BEFORE E3.
Dr.Ryo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Garbaman » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:59 am

I hope it'll be on xbox II. Yu-san said that none of the current gen consoles can allow him to realise his true vision of Shenmue. Nintendo is supposed to be the first to release their new console in 2005.

Shenmue III would have to come out in 2004 or Q1 2005 to get any attention. With Halo 2 coming out Q4 2004, I'm assuming that'll be the last bang for xbox before xbox 2 hype kicks in thoroughly.

Either Yu-san waits or he releases Shenmue III in 2004. If not it'll be overshadowed by the hype of next gen consoles. This series can reach the casual gamer and have a stronger name. Releasing epic and ambitious games late in a console's life isn't the best way to make that happen.
Garbaman
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SpikyAd » Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:27 pm

waser2 wrote:how many days till E3 again?

I think about 5 months and 20 days.
SpikyAd
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III