Shenmue III they are giving us hints now!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III they are giving us hints now!

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:07 pm

Its so obvious that shenmue 3 is going to be here now. But they r putting it in to pieces for us. But I can tell confirmation is this year...
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby b_ren » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:14 pm

Yeah I agree they can't release anything so they are giving hint's instead..It keeps us informed to wait patiently.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Daemos » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:15 pm

Well be it or not, we are bound for something.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:25 pm

I wish we knew when a possible announcement would be...It should be before e3 somtime, Yu is showing off his games at e3 isn't he? Maybe we'll get lucky in next month's muecas update?
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby LanDC » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:25 pm

I can see how hyping the E3 show off title would bring some attention to Shenmue III when it's announced... But I think it would draw more attention of they 100% confirmed it's e3 showing before E3.. That way, people can gossip about it, and anticipate SHENMUE III alone.. Not just that new game Digitalrex will show. Maybe January's Shenmue.com will reveil more..A new year update could bring interesting things just as well as an end of the year update. They can start 2004 off as "The year that Shenmue came back on the scene"
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby choinkees » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:45 pm

LanDC wrote:I think it would draw more attention of they 100% confirmed it's e3 showing before E3.

I agree.

They should learn from Square-Enix. They got a whole bunch of people excited simply by saying "In 4 months we will announce something about Final Fantasy XII".

They didn't even say a single thing about it... all they said was to expect an announcement in mid November... but it gave people something to look forward to and everybody checked IGN and FF sites that day just to find out what the news was.
choinkees
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:36 am

a couple of my theories 1: the reason its taking so long may be that they started developing S3 with the same graphics engine, jumbled with 2X and that took more time than they had expected, and before they knew it realized the original graphics engine may be out of date and started development of another one possibly for xbox2?
2: remember the whole thing when the post on shenmue.com was a statment made by a forums member and not an actual announcement of Shenmue 3? I am wondering if someone accidently or possibly intentionally leaked some information and then Sega was trying to cover it up in hopes to keep their secrets kept hmmmmm..... I dunno MAYBE!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:46 am

LanDC wrote: "The year that Shenmue came back on the scene"

Let's hope.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Silas » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:32 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:a couple of my theories 1: the reason its taking so long may be that they started developing S3 with the same graphics engine, jumbled with 2X and that took more time than they had expected, and before they knew it realized the original graphics engine may be out of date and started development of another one possibly for xbox2?
2: remember the whole thing when the post on shenmue.com was a statment made by a forums member and not an actual announcement of Shenmue 3? I am wondering if someone accidently or possibly intentionally leaked some information and then Sega was trying to cover it up in hopes to keep their secrets kept hmmmmm..... I dunno MAYBE!!!
Aarrrggh! Look, it's perfectly simple. There's no mystery about why we've been waiting so long for Shenmue III. There's no conspiracy, there's not been development difficulties, or graphics going out of date. It's just this: instead of greenlighting a multibillion yen project which might not sell very well, SEGA have been spending 2003 trying to stay afloat! They lost a lot of money on the Dreamcast, and then they lost a lot of credibility and kudos in the gaming community; they've had an entire re-organisation, they've got a new President, they've been busy trying to get back on top again. Right now when we're getting hopeful for news, a large amount of control has been bought by Sammy who have stated a desire to move away from consoles.

And no, that last point is just rumour-mongering. There was a mistranslation of a fan letter that was picked up by the gaming media and it turned out to be nothing. It was definitely a fan letter, an idea to package III with I and II for the XBox, so there's no chance that it represents news "sneaking out" which had to be "covered up" by SEGA.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby b_ren » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:16 pm

2003 was the building time of SEGA... Planning for the future and trying to stay on their feet...I think they have done it quiet well.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Louis » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:55 pm

1) sega mind fucks us with hints of shen3, but promices nothing
2) people here put hints with things that arnt even real evidence like finding shenmue on digital rex and assume that somthing is going to happen in 2004.
3) after months of nohting happening people are going to say "OMFG I R SMART TEHY R GOING TO SHOW IT AT E3!!!!!!!1111" - this will happen around easter
4) everyone will beleve it and it will be supported by seniour members like lan dc saying things like
Quote:
I PROMICE TAHT IT WILL B OUT AT TEH E3!!!!!!11111111 IF IT ISNT, I WILL MASSICE MY FAMILY AND THEN SUICIDE MYSELF!!!

(actual quote from last year)
5) remaining people will believe that it will come out at e3
6) e3 comes and sega release a bunch of racing games on the ps2
7) between e3 2004 and xmas 2004 there will be some sort of small announcement on that stupid mucas thing with some vague thing like "somthing good will happen in the next 12 months"
process repeats its self

i saw all this last year and fell for it, not this year, shenmue isnt profitable, shenmue III wont come out.
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III