How do you think Shenmue III will begin?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

How do you think Shenmue III will begin?

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:29 pm

I was thinking about this, and have a ton of different ideas.

1)It starts right off in the cave, with Ryo and Shenhua possibly discussing what just happens. There could be a possible event to start the game off in the cave, because it seems like there is more to it.

2) Something more similar to the beginning of Shenmue II. It have an opening scene of Guilin, and eventually show Ryo and Shenhua back at her house, walking to Bailu Village, or the same thing was my first thought, just have an opening scene first.

3)I also thought that the setting of shenmue III could change a lot. We might follow Ren catching up with Ryo a little bit, or Gui Zhang finally coming. Or it could go back to Xuiying, and show some stuff with her. Possibly even back at Yokosuka, and have a scene with Ine san or Fuku san, who knows?

4)A lot of people think because of very different setting in shenhua's first flashback, the baby could be one of her ancestors. They could have occasional flashbacks telling her story, and starting the game off with a flashback would be a good starter.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:49 pm

I think it will start exactly in the same scene that Shenmue II finished in. Them both looking at the mirrors in shock.
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Redrum » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:06 pm

When I finished Shenmue II for the first time I had a strong feeling that Lan Di was close, very close. Maybe he will enter the cave and start a little action sequence.
Redrum
Asia Travel Representative

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:12 pm

wait wait maybe lan di's chi you men black suit guys will capture shenfa and ryo will try to fight back (fmv)
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue rules » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:24 pm

i think it will start in shenhuas house
Shenmue rules

Re: How do you think Shenmue III will begin?

Postby Virtua » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:45 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote:3)We might follow Ren catching up with Ryo a little bit, or Gui Zhang finally coming.

I think we might see Gui Zhang arriving to China at the beggining, before cutting to Ryo and Shenhua walking into Bailu Village.
Virtua
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:51 pm

i think it might start with some talk of destiny and show clips of Ryo's Quest, and the mirrors storys, and then it will take you to the story happening inside the cave
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Cyberman » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:26 pm

The same location where Shenmue II ended.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:42 pm

Virtua wrote:
Lan Di-sama wrote:3)We might follow Ren catching up with Ryo a little bit, or Gui Zhang finally coming.

I think we might see Gui Zhang arriving to China at the beggining, before cutting to Ryo and Shenhua walking into Bailu Village.

Ya, I will be planning a trip to see Ryo and the progress of the mirrors in China. Me and my father both need to know what goes on with the mirrors also.
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby b_ren » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:44 pm

I think Lan Di has already been becuase the helicopter scared all the birds away. The time when Shenhua talkes about something bad happening.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Daemos » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:01 pm

Virtua wrote:

I'd like to see that. :)
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby white lotus » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:35 pm

when you pop in the disc and start the game., you start out with a 100 button QTE with explosions and lightning!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Birty » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:57 pm

Hehe I'd like to see THAT!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby Yama » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:08 pm

- Guizhang Chen - wrote:I think it will start exactly in the same scene that Shenmue II finished in. Them both looking at the mirrors in shock.

I think there will be more fo an intro, maybe a small recap style then elading into the cave area for you to start off...?
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby shenmuaholic » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:36 pm

im pretty much certain that its gona continue in the cave, and two guys are gona grab shenua and she's gona use her powers to blow them away.

in the project berkley demo this happens in a place that looks a lot like the cave we're in. i think we will bump into lan di right at the beginning aswell cos no doubt about it he is at the cave the same time we are! i think the big mirrors wil open up and that big glowing skull will appear.

of curse this is theory, but i really think this is the beginning due to the PB video.

plus, i hope there is a big movie intro (like shenmue 1) and not just a quick start into the game (like shenmue II)
shenmuaholic
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to Shenmue III