Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 am

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 am

Ghost Trick. On Chapter 6. Game is amazing. If you like adventure games, play it!

Gone back to FFIV DS, it's still considerably tougher than most other mainline FF games that I have played. Don't recall the PSP version being this tough (or fun!)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Absentia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:32 am

Peter wrote: Image

Now there's some ugly ass mugs in the cover :D

Can't wait til the price drops so I can buy it
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm

I know, it will be down to £29.99 by Xmas, but i was owed some money so that paid for it, without having to trade anything like Sleeping Dogs in etc.

Anyone on here wanna game, add me sure. Especially some of these Man "paper champions" City muppets :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:59 pm

I like the North American Xbox cover for it, it's a Seattle Sounders player. The reason that it's only for that version of the game is because their jerseys say Xbox on them since that is their main sponsor I guess.

My student teacher from 5th grade plays for the Sounders, Zach Scott. Even then 11 years ago he was playing for them before they were in the MLS league and he was studying to be a teacher here on this side of the state at Gonzaga in case his soccer career didn't go anywhere. He is from Maui,Hawaii too which he always told stories about that too.

Hey Pete, could you tell me if he is in the game?

I wonder if he really looks like him too. I'm sure, but since I really know the guy I would really be able to tell.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Sorry bud, was deep in a few matches there. Just checked, and yep he is in there for the sounders. Hes on the subs bench though, number 20. :nice!:

Peter has received a thanks from: Spokane
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Absentia wrote:

Now there's some ugly ass mugs in the cover :D

Can't wait til the price drops so I can buy it

You can download some different covers from EA's website.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Absentia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: You can download some different covers from EA's website.

I wouldn't buy the game because of the cover really, it's just a fact that they could have chosen better looking players
This coming from a straight person

And that Zach Scott is probably overleveled... A MLS player with 85 :lol:
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm

I hate soccer but last year one of the games pissed me off every time I saw the cover. Some balled fucktard with his mouth so open ready for a BJ.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Peter wrote: Sorry bud, was deep in a few matches there. Just checked, and yep he is in there for the sounders. Hes on the subs bench though, number 20. :nice!:

He looks the same as he did 11 years ago, he just looks a little less boyish is all, more manish, but even then he had a beard going. I know last year he scored a goal or two, I saw an interview with him too.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Its a great game, although it still has some of the severe problems that have plagued the game throughout its "modern" tenure.

The worst one right now, is one that went unfixed in Fifa 12 also, where you would go online, get an opponent for a match, and when your taken to the arena whilst the game is set up, you just stay in there. The game doesnt load, and the only way to get out of it is to exit the game altogether. So fucking annoying, Did it for like the 10th time today. If it does it one more time i am putting on MW3.

EDIT: The EA Servers have crashed :lol:

Oh and Blue, did you play Modern Warfare? I mean the story mode now, nothing else.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Just found Zach Scott on Football Manager. His the 4th best centre back in the team and his on £500 a week. 2 goals a season for a defender is pretty average.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Spokane
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 am

Just got back from town, picked up GoldenEye 007: Reloaded pre-owned on PS3 for £4. Love the N64 original (obviously), and had a fun time with the demo for this one. Fancied a shooter with a good single-player. I'm not expecting this to be as good as the N64 classic, but I'm hoping I'll get my money's worth with a decent shooting game. I'll be happy if the gunplay is good, the campaign is non-linear (to the same extent as the N64 classic) , and there's a good Bond atmosphere.

The demo seemed to suggest all those things, so we'll see! I opted for PS3 over 360 since I prefer the Sony controller for FPS games, and GoldenEye is synonymous with multiplayer. I haven't had Gold for a long time, so all my online multiplayin' gets done on PSN these days. One 'problem' to note of the PS3 version that I did not expect (since it's apparently running on the COD engine).. it has a mandatory install. 3475MB, to be exact. Just so you know, Bond fans!

I'm gonna go smoke a fat joint while this thing is installing, then come back up and give it a whirl. It's by Eurocom, so it shouldn't be a bad buy. I even tried the 'pre-order exclusive DLC'. Previous owner had redeemed the Moonraker laser pistol (shame), but they did not redeem Hugo Drax, who is now sitting on my console! Win!

I'll let you'lls know what I think of this one later on in the 'Currently playing' thread.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Peter wrote: Its a great game, although it still has some of the severe problems that have plagued the game throughout its "modern" tenure.

The worst one right now, is one that went unfixed in Fifa 12 also, where you would go online, get an opponent for a match, and when your taken to the arena whilst the game is set up, you just stay in there. The game doesnt load, and the only way to get out of it is to exit the game altogether. So fucking annoying, Did it for like the 10th time today. If it does it one more time i am putting on MW3.

EDIT: The EA Servers have crashed :lol:

Oh and Blue, did you play Modern Warfare? I mean the story mode now, nothing else.

I did download the demo of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on 360. I wanted to give it a fair shot. Visually looked nice and I even completed the demo. Was not that hard. What do I think of it? Not for me. I still personally found it very blah to be honest.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:01 pm

I got a see through blue N64 with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Blitz all in sealed boxes for fixing this girl's PC

I also bought Jet Set Radio HD for 360

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Dorian
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming