What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm

It looks a lot better on the actual screen, theres a lot of detail on Alucard/Trevor/Simon/Gabriel

heres an example.

MOF:

LOS:

They both have a pretty respectable amount of detail but the MOF version is waaaay scaled down.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm

MOF just looks really grainy and the character models just don't look too good to me, at all. I'll more than likely still pick the game up despite the mixed reaction about it, but I just don't agree that the game looks good graphically.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Those little imps in the demo that got tossed around by that boss. Had really good shaders on the faces and get a good look when one hits the screen. Character Models were pretty detailed. I was not big on the cut scene art look. Also I am looking as the rez on 3DS. Screens on a high rez computer monitor don't do it justice. Art style is hit n miss but on a technical level I believe they did a good job. LOS to me is the most impressive game I played this gen on consoles. Mostly because of Environments and the textures are fantastic. Character models were very good but not the best this gen. The Titans were impressive. I feel they are very talented at pulling a lot out of any system
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am

Bambi has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:17 pm

I wasnt going to get it right away, but Yama and other friends convinced me so I got Tomb Raider on 360 and havent regret it at all. Enjoying it immensely on all ends. The multiplayer is also solid as it's basicly just like Uncharted. Will probably be playing this game for awhile.
Also finishing up Ni No Kuni. Almost done with that masterpiece.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby OL » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:14 am

The demo for Spec Ops: The Line is pretty damn nice. The aiming controls feel surprisingly silky and smooth, and contrary to what a first glance might tell you, the visuals really are something beyond just more military-themed stuff. Beautiful use of color. The story seems pretty front-and-center as well.
I was already interested in the game, but I think I'll definitely be buying it soon after this.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:25 am

Have a few games I'm playing but this one is getting the most play time.

Been so-so thus far.Less creepy than the first 2 that's for sure.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Axm
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:07 pm

OL wrote: The demo for Spec Ops: The Line is pretty damn nice. The aiming controls feel surprisingly silky and smooth, and contrary to what a first glance might tell you, the visuals really are something beyond just more military-themed stuff. Beautiful use of color. The story seems pretty front-and-center as well.
I was already interested in the game, but I think I'll definitely be buying it soon after this.

You are so not ready for the story, it is so good. The game is really meta (I know I go on about these things too much) but really it is the anti-thesis of most military shooters out nowadays and flips the whole scenario on its head. You do some truly horrifying things in the game and it is quite frankly disturbing. Game plays well also, like you say. I will probably finish it this weekend.

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr., ThyDarkAngel
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
OL wrote: The demo for Spec Ops: The Line is pretty damn nice. The aiming controls feel surprisingly silky and smooth, and contrary to what a first glance might tell you, the visuals really are something beyond just more military-themed stuff. Beautiful use of color. The story seems pretty front-and-center as well.

You are so not ready for the story, it is so good. The game is really meta (I know I go on about these things too much) but really it is the anti-thesis of most military shooters out nowadays and flips the whole scenario on its head. You do some truly horrifying things in the game and it is quite frankly disturbing. Game plays well also, like you say. I will probably finish it this weekend.

That sounds very intriguing now. I added it in my Gamefly queue.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:07 pm

I ran through it in like 1 day like 3 times to get every branch to the story. Its really impressive kinda bothers me how badly the game did.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Took a break from Zelda and played through the first game on Super Mario Allstars, having a save feature sure was handy. :P
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:10 am

The last boss in Ni No Kuni is a biiiiiiitch.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:08 am

replaying DMC on my account, I like the ps3 version but I love the PC one I really wish I had a code, I don't wanna pay more then like 30 for it considering all the DLC n shit.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 am

Felt like playing a Tales game, so I started in on Tales of Destiny. Played for a few hours before and enjoyed it, but never seriously committed to playing through it until now.
The appeal of it to me has always been that it just feels like an SNES RPG with slightly better effects. Actually, I think that was the reason for its lack of success in the west, the fact that it wasn't all "super new" at the time of its release. I don't think there's even a single drop of 3D graphics in the entire thing. All sprite work. That can be appealing now, of course, but back when the PS1 first came out, people wouldn't have been very interested in something like that.
Either way, I've always been curious about getting into it since Stahn seems to be one of the series' main "icons" in Japan, maybe even above Cless from Phantasia, as far as I can gather. I'm not as big a fan of the art style for this one as I am with the Kosuke Fujishima-design Tales games, but it's slowly growing on me anyway.

EDIT: I guess the world map is 3D after all, but it's still very primitive either way.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Strikeout » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:54 pm

playing Hexen on the n64 again
Strikeout
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming