Tales Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Tales Series

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:41 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/ ... is-summer/

Didnt think I would be the one to make this topic, but with this little article I figured we might as well. Graces F hits PSN the end of the month and Xillia will be out this summer, it has been confirmed. Plus more Tales related surprises later down the road for 2013.

So the most mysterious thing about this is what could be the surprises? Hopefully they are talking about actual game releases and not just announcements. Any idea what Tales games already announced and/or released in japan that could make its way over here? If not, what do you think the surprises are?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: Tales Series

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Currently playing Eternia on PSP for the first time. And I really like it. Madly underrated, imo.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

I think it's just about time for another remake of Phantasia. They seem to make one every so often. Original was on Super Famicom; first remake was on the PS1; second remake was on GBA (only one we got in the west); third remake was on PSP, and featured full voice acting.
Considering that we've only gotten the "worst" version so far in the west, I'd love to see another one made for the Vita or 3DS. Sprites, 3D graphics... I don't care, just so long as it's the same game, just upgraded once again. The original is still a fantastic little gem, and deserves more recognition outside of Japan.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFofp8Z7D8c[/youtube]

Not the greatest of trailers; little context is given to anything, and they really should have snuck some gameplay in there (the real draw of the whole thing).
Still, it confirms the release date as 8/6/13.
Can't wait. :D

OL has received a thanks from: Yama
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 pm

It took so much willpower not to import Xillia. Incredibly excited to jump in.

Yama has received a thanks from: OL
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby OL » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 am

May as well mention:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/11/ta ... -art-book/

Xillia collector's edition. 100 bucks, like the Ni No Kuni one before it, but as into the series as I'm feeling right now, I'm willing to set the money aside for it.
Should be available through "participating retailers," so no worries about anything akin to the Ni No Kuni debacle this time.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:10 am

Did I mention I alredy paid in full for this... I'm a tool.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yama » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Did I mention I alredy paid in full for this... I'm a tool.

Then together we are a tool bag. :nice!:

Yama has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Bluecast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Did I mention I alredy paid in full for this... I'm a tool.

Let's just hope they got a different shipping company
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:30 pm

OL wrote:Should be available through "participating retailers," so no worries about anything akin to the Ni No Kuni debacle this time.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Stocke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:35 pm

£86 for the pre-order with the figurine, really don't think I'll be able to afford it :(.
Hopefully some money will fall into my lap before August. I'm extremely excited either way.

I should also mention I'm very happy with how close the American and Europe release dates are. Namco's done a brilliant job.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Ooohh, that CE looks good, might have to fork out the cash... glad we have a release date now. I keep on flip flopping on whether I wanna check out the tales series but I think I am ultimately gonna have to give in, Xillia looks good.

Also it says they are doing the collectors edition for "participating retailers" So it wont be just the namco site this time. And after the hooplah with ni no kuni, thats probably a good idea. That figure looks awesome!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:01 am

Official gameplay bits from the European Namco Bandai channel.
Apparently this girl Elize has a pet of some kind (or maybe it's a stuffed animal, like with Anise in Abyss?) that's named, wait for it...
...Teepo.
So I guess anyone on these forums that plays it won't be looking at it the same way. Lucky us. :lol:
And Alvin looks fucking awesome. Love the gun+sword combo. And that, paired with his overall design kind of makes me think of the Wild Arms series. I haven't really played Wild Arms much at all (so maybe I'm completely off), but Alvin's general look and vibe is kind of what I imagine when I think of that series.

You'd think I'd know about all this stuff already, but I haven't actually seen all that much for the game besides a short video here and there. I generally try not to spoil games for myself nowadays, so I haven't watched many of the Japanese gameplay videos out there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPIgNbp72JU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1MgDhSEaSo[/youtube]
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 am

Looks like I'll be maining as Alvin, then. Really like his design and combos. This'll be my first 3D Tales game, tell me though, is any of the other ones in 3D worth playing (ones without too much animu, preferably).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:06 am

the blonde main character is freaking hot, might have to look up some doujinshi >_>;;

The battle system in this I think is my most questionable part, it just looks... too simple, or slow or kind of uninteresting. I mean its like star ocrean random, real time battles right? And thats pretty far from boring. guess i need to sit down and read an indepth about the battle system.

Also it seems gamestop has the CE up for pre-order already.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales ... ion/109114
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming