What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Postby mue 26 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:50 pm

I really like House of Cards too. True detective though. Next level shit. This is golden age of TV dramas I tells ya. And I don't even watch TV.

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: Bambi, St. Elmo's Fire
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Just started watching Life on Mars season 2. In colour.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Bambi
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 am

So Psych just ended. It's weird, I never really got into it in years past, but I just started watching and really enjoying it this year. Started thinking "man, why have I not been watching this show the whole time?"
And then BOOM! Commercials pop up saying this is the last season.
Kind of a shame, because it's a really good show. Eight seasons ain't too shabby either way, so I guess it's alright. Had a pretty good ending. Not like it was the type of show with a complex ongoing story or anything, but it said its farewells effectively either way (which is something that a lot of other shows screw up once they reach the end).
I just hope it all gets released on bluray eventually. I'd love to be able to catch up on it. I've seen enough to know I like it, but there's a ton I haven't seen as well.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:17 am

Jesus Christ the Sopranos is fucking good. I sat here for 3 hours watching it today and it felt like 3 seconds. Its extremely hard to exercise the restraint required to redirect my attention to other stuff I need to do now knowing that I got like 3 more seasons of awesomeness I could be watching.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Bambi
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:37 pm

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I fucking love this show. Why didn't I see this sooner?!
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:54 am

The Trip to Italy.

Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon comedy where they travel through Italy on a restaurant review. Lightly fictionalised as they play 'themselves' but it's still a good laugh.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Watched the first two eps of House of Cards season 2. Shieeeeeeet, even better and even darker than I had anticipated. I'm hooked again. I love Netflix for this.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 pm

First episode of Fargo was pretty effed up. Funny though. I've never seen the movie, so I honestly don't know if it's supposed to be an adaptation or a thematically-similar riff on the same ideas, or what.
I'm actually surprised that some things happened as quickly as they did. I kind of thought Martin Freeman's character would go through a much more gradual "bubbling up" with his attitude (being the "repressed anger" character) throughout a season or something before he explodes and does something violent, but no, it's right there in the first episode. Curious to see where things go because of that. I'm always a little bit wary when things seem to happen too fast in a show, so I hope the writers have some inventive shit planned out.
Billy Bob Thornton's character is great though. The tricks he pulls on people were hilarious. He's already defaulted to being my favorite thing about the show, being the unfeeling hitman who delights in causing chaos in peoples' lives and all. So far the show is most entertaining and interesting when he's around. Of course, that's just based on the first episode, so we'll see how things go.
It's nice to have something to keep on watching, now that Justified is off-season. Have yet to form a proper opinion (hard to do that on one episode), but I'll keep watching.

OL has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Been wanting to see that. The movie is pretty crazy too but on a more subtle level.

I think nowdays episodes pull the punches quicker in hopes of getting an audience drawn in quicker instead of losing them from the get-go. I think it just makes them look desperate...
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:25 pm

I've been planning to get into some of the new series' out there like Breaking Bad and Orange is the New Black, but OMG

Me and my brother watched this as kids and used to hate how nosey Columbo would infiltrate and disrupt, at times, perfect murders. We often found ourselves rooting for the criminals in this show and in Matlock. I totally forgot how freaking hilarious this show was!!!

Super well written and directed though.

Jokatech19 has received a thanks from: OL
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby OL » Sat May 10, 2014 1:03 pm

I was pissed to find out yesterday that ABC cancelled a bunch of shows, and among them was this show called Mixology that I've really been enjoying.
Honestly, I'm just not very interested in most new comedies that come out. There's something about the majority of them that just turns me right the hell off. Either they try way too hard to be quirky, or the actors aren't particularly appealing, or the jokes just fall flat as hell. Most of these shows are terrible.
But Mixology was really good. Despite having a cast of unknowns, they were all appealing enough that I genuinely liked everyone but the end of the second episode I watched. There's a great sense of comic timing among the lot of them, and they're all completely individual and identifiable from one another. And despite the plots occasionally pulling some odd stretches, they generally do so in the name of a really good laugh or two. It's one of those cases where believability just doesn't really matter, considering how funny and clever the show is anyway. It's also one of those comedies that has a ton of great quotable dialogue. I love that kind of stuff.
It's a goddamn shame to see it canceled, but hopefully things get resolved nicely anyway. The whole concept of the show is that it takes place over a single night in a bar/club where everyone is trying to meet people or hook up. With a setup like that, it might still wrap up well enough in the end that it could be seen as an extended movie of sorts. I'll definitely get the bluray if that's the case.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat May 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Was also a shame to see that Community got cancelled. Season 4 was far from great so I haven't jumped straight into Season 5 but I hear it improved a lot with the return of Dan Harmon. I just hope Season 5 didn't end on a cliffhanger.

Still Seasons 1-2 was some of the funniest TV in recent years.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Mon May 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Caught up on Game of Thrones.

Re-watching The Wire from the start so I can remember what went down.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:26 am

X-Men TAS from the 90s, such nostalgia for that show.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 24, 2014 12:06 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: X-Men TAS from the 90s, such nostalgia for that show.

Loved that show. I also enjoyed the later show they made, X-Men Evolution. I'll have to track it down one of these days..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic