The Shenmue Cast Ep. 0

(Modding and other series related projects)

The Shenmue Cast Ep. 0

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 am

Alright everyone. After a few requests and support from members in me doing this again and especially after Shenmue 3 was announced I decided it was indeed a great time to revitalize the podcast and stick to it.

I present to you all the first episode, which is really just an intro to where I want to go with this. Episode 0 is just myself but I will get others to join in soon enough.

Feedback is welcome. I want to turn this into a community podcast and build it up to help the fan base.

Enjoy.

Audio
MP3 download and stream.

https://soundcloud.com/alexander-munoz- ... -cast-ep-0

Slide show video
phpBB [video]

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: The Shenmue Cast Ep. 0

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:16 am

Too many "ums" and "ers".

Can't ban me now nob ed!

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Kenny
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:26 am

Least he started a project and actually got it out there though. Good job Alex.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Supa
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:32 am

I liked it. Nice job! I liked your reaction story.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Axm
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 am

Great job! Hype this bitch out there!

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Axm
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:02 am

Good job man. I'm positive there were many members of this Dojo sharing the same tears of joy. I couldn't have stopped my eyes from leaking even if I had tried. I honestly never thought this day would happen.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Anthony817
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Yeah I cried like a motherfucking baby. 31 years old and couldn't hold it in.

I think this podcast is a great idea, looking forward to hearing more!

Anthony817 has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Great show and I can't wait to see this turn into a monthly thing. You said in the video, like many people have been posting over and over on here and gaf, that you think that the top goal is 4.5 Million (even though you want more) . This is 100% wrong. If you watch the video on the kickstarter, you will see that there are 3 locations that Yu wants to go to during the game. The first will be unlocked at 4M, and the other 2 have "? Million". This is my single biggest concern about the kickstarter, as people don't realise that there is more going on than we think.
I have contacted the kickstarter and asked them to make it more clear, as it does not say the above in text anywhere on the listing. We need to make sure people are aware that if the Kickstarter finishes at 4.5 Million we have NOT got the full vision Yu wants, we will be missing 2 locations. Check the images below, directly from the Kickstarter video:

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Yeah, tbh the Kickstarter campaign does look rather rushed and generally poor overall. Doesn't look like much effort's gone into it compared to a lot of others, and seems to be doing well solely because it's Shenmue III.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:38 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, tbh the Kickstarter campaign does look rather rushed and generally poor overall. Doesn't look like much effort's gone into it compared to a lot of others, and seems to be doing well solely because it's Shenmue III.

Sadly, I agree. I feel like the above is such a HUGE thing that is being missed by a massive percentage of the backers. We need to find a way of getting it out so people understand what's going on!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby goaliefrk » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Axm wrote: Alright everyone. After a few requests and support from members in me doing this again and especially after Shenmue 3 was announced I decided it was indeed a great time to revitalize the podcast and stick to it.

I present to you all the first episode, which is really just an intro to where I want to go with this. Episode 0 is just myself but I will get others to join in soon enough.

Feedback is welcome. I want to turn this into a community podcast and build it up to help the fan base.

Enjoy.

Audio
MP3 download and stream.

https://soundcloud.com/alexander-munoz- ... -cast-ep-0

Slide show video
phpBB [video]

I liked it man. Kudos

goaliefrk has received a thanks from: Axm
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:19 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: Great show and I can't wait to see this turn into a monthly thing. You said in the video, like many people have been posting over and over on here and gaf, that you think that the top goal is 4.5 Million (even though you want more) . This is 100% wrong. If you watch the video on the kickstarter, you will see that there are 3 locations that Yu wants to go to during the game. The first will be unlocked at 4M, and the other 2 have "? Million". This is my single biggest concern about the kickstarter, as people don't realise that there is more going on than we think.
I have contacted the kickstarter and asked them to make it more clear, as it does not say the above in text anywhere on the listing. We need to make sure people are aware that if the Kickstarter finishes at 4.5 Million we have NOT got the full vision Yu wants, we will be missing 2 locations. Check the images below, directly from the Kickstarter video:

Thanks for the feedback. :)
Right. I wanted to post that very image into the video and talk about it further, but didnt get to it.
Theirs many possibilities with this. Is this another stretch goal after 4 million? Most likely yes. Will this then fit into just Shenmue 3? We dont know that.

Yu Suzuki has stated he would like to do a Shenmue 4. This post-4M could go strait into an all together separate kickstarter for Shenmue 4.
We really dont know. But one thing is for sure, I dont think anything malicious about it.
The fact is YS Net are the primary developers of this game and it's their first major project. They are currently hiring aswell via a Japanese site that my wife researched. They are a growing company. Despite anything Sony is doing for them either development wise or financially, YS Net are making it and paying their employee's, cost of operating etc.
If a Kickstarter is needed for just solely paying the basic bills and future operating costs im all for it.
Anyways, this is all speculative right? So we'll just have to ask and see.

Additionally, its not like this is soley a donation. You put money in, you get a product. The more money you put in the more product you get. I put in 500 so I get a ton of products out of it.
If this was putting down 500 for nothing to show for it but having to then buy the game+collectors items in the end it would be different. But its not like that, we are making a purchase.
Last edited by Axm on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Awesome!!! keep it up man, give me something to look forward to over the next 2 years.

Locke_cole has received a thanks from: Axm
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:11 am

Thanks alot again guys for listening.
It seems like once a month is good enough at the moment am I right? But if something major happens I might just do a podcast when it seems fit to do so or when I can get someone on when available.
So subscribe to my SoundCloud and Youtube Channel for updates.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:56 am

Yeah, monthly episodes with "specials" every time major news is announced sounds about right. Naturally though, you should release em on the 3rd.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Raithos, Yama
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Community Projects