What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

Postby jakester » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:04 am

Games programmer. Ryo has to develop shenmue 4.
jakester
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:32 am

Well there will be gambling for sure. Maybe fights for money (hopefully trial fights like in kowloon and real ones), I don't know why but I think that there will be something with a bromstick.

Maybe he can become a stone carver or something (since it's shenhua heritage) ?

Probably idiotic sega executive is another one.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:42 am

I hope Ryo becomes a rickshaw runner/operator or whatever you call the people who pick up the two handles and run. This could actually become a pretty funny QTE minigame.

myshtuff has received 2 thanks from: BayStone, BlueMue
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Three Blades » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:04 am

Shit, that's a genius idea right there.
It would be super funny to see the customers berate Ryo if he sucks at the job, crashes into stuff, or arrives late. Kinda like crazy taxi... OMG now I want that to be in the game, it would be so awesome even if it's just a string of QTEs like the book carrying, it would be hilarious.

In Shenmue 1, I like to mess with NPCs by getting in their way. Unfortunately, the game doesn't recognize that you're being a jerk on purpose, so there's no way to get reactions out of them. So instead, I'd love anything where Ryo has to deal with NPC customers, especially if you can make them angry/annoyed by doing a terrible job at it. It would be great to constantly cause Ryo to apologize profusely to the customers, only to keep right on pissing them off :D

Maybe if you do it WAY too much, some characters could even get so angry, that it triggers a hidden free battle where they attack you, and you have to KO them! LOL
Last edited by Three Blades on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby redline » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 am

Riku Rose wrote: They'll scrap the jobs and you get money through micro transactions that will go towards funding Shenmue IV. Yu has now now realized he can bleed Shenmue fans dry.

some dojo members could of flew to china & have a nice holiday, the amount they have been donating. :-#
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ImGladUmad » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:01 pm

I want forklifts back no matter what!!

This is why I wanted Japan instead of China...Rural China just seems like we will get crap jobs like in Shenmue 2, I don't want that.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:12 pm

ImGladUmad wrote: I want forklifts back no matter what!!

This is why I wanted Japan instead of China...Rural China just seems like we will get crap jobs like in Shenmue 2, I don't want that.

If only he had a genius game designer that could make new exciting mini games that make sense in the world instead rehashing old ones for the sake of nostalgia.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: shredingskin
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ImGladUmad » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:15 pm

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:

If only he had a genius game designer that could make new exciting mini games that make sense in the world instead rehashing old ones for the sake of nostalgia.

Well they failed in Shenmue 2, I hope they learned from that but yes I am concerned after Shenmue 2.

All Im saying is Forklift game was a real fun game, they could probably fit it in and make it make sense....The village town sounds like they have some forklifts at least.
ImGladUmad
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:39 pm

ImGladUmad wrote:

Well they failed in Shenmue 2, I hope they learned from that but yes I am concerned after Shenmue 2.

All Im saying is Forklift game was a real fun game, they could probably fit it in and make it make sense....The village town sounds like they have some forklifts at least.

Don't see how they failed, I had countless hours of fun destroying randoms on lucky hit and darts. You could also gamble with dices or do honest hard work moving crates. There was certainly more variety and ways to win money.

I don't see how racing forklifts in a chinese village would make sense. Its mega64 tier story.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:42 pm

ImGladUmad wrote:

In your opinion.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:46 pm

myshtuff wrote: I hope Ryo becomes a rickshaw runner/operator or whatever you call the people who pick up the two handles and run. This could actually become a pretty funny QTE minigame.

I can totaly see this happening now as a Crazy Taxi Minigame. Those games already had Rickshaws and Carriages as hidden vehicles. Now just put Ryo in it and have him run or ride the bike kinda thing through China. :mrgreen:
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:48 am

There is a "spoiler" in Shenmue II, when Ryo tells Shenhua what jobs he worked on, like caring crates, and she told him that there is a job like that in Bailu village, where village workers are carrying crates using carriages pulled by cows.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby RyoShen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Rice paddy?
RyoShen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue II e GTAV

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Ryo has to sell his body to gentleman of the evening....this game gets pretty dark actually... A game of 'lucky hit' takes on new meaning.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Contract killer / Gun for hire
Taxi / Bus / Limo driver
Waiter / Line cook
Hip-hop dance instructor
Drug trafficking
Lumberjack

...just to name a few
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34