Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcast

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Postby brad86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Holly shit! you beauty!

Just tested that version at the start of disc 1 and a save game from disc 3. No robot sounds from random npc's at all.

The kid at the start who asks you to put money in for a song always sounded awful. Now it sounds just like the XBOX version.

Nice find mate, nice find indeed :)

brad86 has received a thanks from: Anthony817
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Vashzaron » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Haha, just tested the intro section myself with that kid and indeed it seems to be all good.

Thanks from me as well Chowchilla for finding that.
Vashzaron
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby brad86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Have been testing some more in the past hour and the difference is night and day with every npc I speak to. I was recording both this version and the 99min for comparison, but I stopped since it' was so obvious.

Obviously this version is no good for burning, but it's perfect for those using NullDC, or GDEMU for Dreamcast.

Thoroughly impressed :)

Probably worth adding to the original post on the first page.
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:08 pm

I am going to download this version and check it out in the emulator. If it works great I will add this to the front page.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby Chowchilla » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:16 pm

brad86 wrote: Holly shit! you beauty!

Just tested that version at the start of disc 1 and a save game from disc 3. No robot sounds from random npc's at all.

The kid at the start who asks you to put money in for a song always sounded awful. Now it sounds just like the XBOX version.

Nice find mate, nice find indeed :)

Glad its of use, i did plan to have a play through with it but ive just got the Xbox out of storage so might as well play on that.

unsure where that rip came from, i assumed it was this thread until i checked the image sizes.

also, thankyou for your SweetFX profile. how did you enable 2x Super sampling though?
Last edited by Chowchilla on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chowchilla
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Yeah if the size is over 1gb per disc then it wasn't done by Smith. He only ever did the 99 min release. He told me yesterday actually that he never was going to do the 99 min version, he didn't want to but everybody here kept asking for it so he did it for us.

I am also very curious where this version came from as well. I am on windows 10 and tried emulating the other day but the sounds were very bad. I say it is the windows version or something because on older versions of windows I had no issues running it in NullDC.

When I get my USB GDR controller, GDEmu or buy a Dreamcast with the IDE HDE mod I will be using this version if it really is that good.

I will also be mirroring the file.

Imagine how great it would be to get a hold of a GDR burner and a case of blanks and make the best damn reproductions possible with them. I would pay a premium for that.

Anthony817 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Imagine how great it would be to get a hold of a GDR burner and a case of blanks and make the best damn reproductions possible with them. I would pay a premium for that.

You're not the only one lol. My brother and I are always on the look out for the burner and blanks.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Anthony817
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Yeah I was just on Ebay and found a lone single blank GDR, lol that asking price is $55 or 50 Euros from a Dutch seller. Damn love how strong the Dollar is right now lol, or how week the Euro is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dreamcast-devel ... 25a87fff83

Too bad for you Europeans but man the Dollar is slowly climbing back up there it seems.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby brad86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Chowchilla wrote: also, thankyou for your SweetFX profile. how did you enable 2x Super sampling though?

No worries. Glad someone else got some use out of it.

I enabled SSAA through AMD Control Panel.
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby brad86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Anthony817 wrote: Imagine how great it would be to get a hold of a GDR burner and a case of blanks and make the best damn reproductions possible with them. I would pay a premium for that.

I get frequent power cuts in my area. I'd be pretty pissed if I got one during burning to a costly GD-R lol

Can't wait to get myself a USB-GDEMU in the near future. Hearing amazing things about them.

brad86 has received a thanks from: lDarkWarriorl
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Yeah I would be careful. We only get blackouts here in Dallas area during thunder storms.

Man you weren't kidding about this version. I am mirroring it on Mega and should be done within 1 hour 30 mins. I repackaged it and wrote a bit about what it actualy is and what its good to be used on. I can confirm emulation is much better with the custom NullDC with shen fixes and using PAL region in the emu. I only heard a small part of the attract mode getting gravely sounding when it shows the Eagle but this happened in the 99 min release for me too so must just be how it emulates.

I just wish the damn emulator would improve much more in fixing the graphical glitches. Walls render incorrectly and shadows can tend to look strange but if that means I can get decent emulation in true 1080p then I can live with it.

Going to post his link he shared and write a note about it being good for emulation and tips on emulating.

Btw, where can I get the SweetFX profile for this? I would love to see how it improves the graphics.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby brad86 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Anthony817 wrote: Btw, where can I get the SweetFX profile for this? I would love to see how it improves the graphics.

Link is at the bottom of this post mate viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46995&start=30

I wouldn't say it improves the GFX of the game, but It does do a nice job of bringing back some of the vibrance and gives it a nice punch. I always remembered my Dreamcast looking nice and vivid on my old CRT. Emulating ( although looks great in most aspects ) seems a bit dull and washed out to my eyes.

brad86 has received a thanks from: Anthony817
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Ok, I mirrored the uncompressed 1gb per disc CDI pack and added lots of info to the end of the original post on the front page. I also cleaned it up significantly and removed much dead info and links. It now looks much more presentable. Thanks to all involved that I mention.

Emulators/Optical Disc Emu's.

1gb uncompressed audio, CDI images of Shenmue 2 Xbox English Speech mod. 2.43gb download, extracts to 4.11gb's.

Mirror by yours truly Anthony817.

https://mega.nz/#!HNETzDgQ!E_hoqpOIUNNX ... FBVKRNu7HQ

For tips on how to get near perfect emulation of this game, you can follow the info found here! This has the original file for the 1gb release if you see my link above down.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8N ... vnlZg/edit

Thanks to Chowchilla for the info!

SweetFX + profile by brad86. To turn off the CRT effect look for SweetFX_settings.txt and find the line "#define CRTAmount 1.00" and set the value to "0.00" and save if you want clearer graphics without scannlines. Also install this all to the root of NullDC.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ju0o2 ... HENMUE.rar

Here is the post with the SweetFX if you want to see screenshots.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46995&start=30
Last edited by Anthony817 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817 has received 2 thanks from: brad86, lDarkWarriorl
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Vashzaron » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Anthony817 wrote:I just wish the damn emulator would improve much more in fixing the graphical glitches. Walls render incorrectly and shadows can tend to look strange but if that means I can get decent emulation in true 1080p then I can live with it.

If you haven't tried it check out Demul. Gets rid of a lot of that z-fighting that occurs and transparency issues (like with hair) but on the downside is the sound emulation with it is much worse.

...If only there was a way to mix Demul's Graphics with NullDC's sound.
Vashzaron
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:11 pm

I don't know what it is, but I just couldn't get Demul working. I built my own gaming PC from scratch, and have worked on PC's for over 10 years and know how to do pretty much everything with every other emulator out there, but Demul is just not working on my machine. I am on windows 10 now, but that shouldn't matter really. I had it working fine way back in the day in like 2008, but nowadays it just doesn't work for me. I guess I am having trouble setting it up. Been a while since last tried it but I just stick with NullDC since it is way more user friendly.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects