Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote: ..

Hello joel, enjoying your time on the dojo? yes? good.

Well, psychological things never go very well in the world people have created anyways. lol

But, some people have been a bit too mean about the guy. Just feel it's a bad thing for a community to set a standard for.

If he is actually a true shenmue fan, how can you kick a guy to the curb that enjoys something you do as well?

If you are that guy, you still have a heart, a brain and feelings. That is what some of you guys are missing honestly... put your self in his shoes.. no one wants to be piled up on. What if he honestly felt quite bad about the things he has seen online as I am sure he has.. As a person that lost his mother in middle school and has tried to treat people with respect and care no matter what. Some of these comments have felt rather terrible in my eyes. Not talking strictly here, but in quite a few places I have visited online.

Well I'm not going to go after that guy obviously but it's true he made me not want to watch the video and I gave up after maybe 4 minutes because his quirkiness just wasn't for me. I think that is my right isn't it or is this Pyongyang?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:How about instead of beating him down you reach out to him, say.. hey good job man

Because that would be lying.

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Mr. Rod, myshtuff
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Topic (Twitch)

Postby DEVILLE_David » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Doom_Infinite wrote: It wasn't THAT bad. He was just rather disrespectful, especially when considering Japanese manners. How did he ever get this job in Japan? Maybe being quirky was part of his thing, not sure Suzuki knew this when signing up though.

That's exactly what my wife said when I've showed the live to her (she's japanese) !

"How come he's working with Yu Suzuki ?"
"He has no respect"

Cannot say I disagree :/

DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: God of War

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Hahahahahaa!!! What a fuckin pleb. Dunno why peeps are defending him either, he clearly doesn't like us. Don't think it'd take much to push him over the edge by the looks of it...

MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
south carmain wrote:

If you are that guy, you still have a heart, a brain and feelings. That is what some of you guys are missing honestly... put your self in his shoes.. no one wants to be piled up on. What if he honestly felt quite bad about the things he has seen online as I am sure he has.. As a person that lost his mother in middle school and has tried to treat people with respect and care no matter what. Some of these comments have felt rather terrible in my eyes. Not talking strictly here, but in quite a few places I have visited online.

You go on and on about treating people with care and respect but that was exactly my problem with Tess. He looked the other way when Yu talked and drummed his fingers on his knee, looking all bored, impatient and fidgety throughout the video. Tess' behaviour was incredibly disrespectful.

That said, I agree with you that we're stuck with those guys. And so I think we need to move on and focus on how we can make this KS bigger. I also don't really get why people would pester and insult him on Facebook or Twitter. I've got better things to do.
Last edited by Hyo Razuki on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:31 pm

south carmain wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:How about instead of beating him down you reach out to him, say.. hey good job man

Well, I wouldn't say he did the most horrible job ever. I wouldn't even say it was bad. In fact, they did more than I even expected of them. He obviviously just over did his enthusiasm.. that's all I see. Having questions prepared was actually more than I expected. lol I guess the bar was low because of the lac of updates on KS

BUT- I don't think we can point the blame directly at the KS team, they can only work with what the shenmue team gives them to work with after all. The KS team can't do anything about what pledges or information is made.

I feel like YS and his team were not really prepared for KS honestly. I think the blame goes more toward their lack of experience in that department. I feel they have finally started to turn it around in the past few days though, so I feel confident in them learning what they need to do to make it a bigger success now.

Of course you don't have to watch the video, do whatever you like of course :)

We have wasted a lot of effort on this guy that we can't really change much about

I hope we can move on from it and focus on how to generate more funds for shenmue.

At teh end of the day AJ can only put up the information they are given from Yu and his team. I do hope they have fully learned and get up more tiers as they seem to keep selling out. It seems every time they don't have something listed it's potentially losing money . It's a good situation to be in no doubt, if they can take advatnage of it.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:
south carmain wrote:

You go on and on about treating people with care and respect but that was exactly my problem with Tess. He looked the other way when Yu talked and drummed his fingers on his new, looking all bored, impatient and fidgety throughout the video. Tess' behaviour was incredibly disrespectful.

That said, I agree with you that we're stuck with those guys. And so I think we need to move on and focus on how we can make this KS bigger. I also don't really get why people would pester and insult him on Facebook or Twitter. I've got better things to do.

I keep seeing people bring up a fan tribute video and excitement reel, I hope that can come to fruition.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
Tomato Convenience Store wrote: I don't mind his quirkiness too much - the main issue I had was the lack of preparation and efficiency. The guy would repeat the exact answer that Yu Suzuki gave to us as a question, which has to go through the translator, back to Yu, back through the translator. There were a bunch of questions that were already answered 4-5 times in the kickstarter updates before the stream started, so he should've just compiled a list of all of those common questions and just went over them rapid fire in the beginning of the stream so we can get to new questions.

There should've also been someone dedicated to picking out questions from the comment section. All you have to do is scroll up to see all of the comments, and they would stop "moving too fast!". Let alone the video and audio quality was poor. Twitch streamers who stream for fun have better set-ups.

I agree with others who say that in the grand scheme, who knows how much a KS campaign management team REALLY affects the outcome. I think people want to buy a good product (Shenmue III) and cool shit (all the goodies from the tiers). But of course, you'd like for Shenmue III to get all of the positive help it can get.

Sometimes when we are a bit new to things or whatever... it comes down to a point where we find our selves doing something that is a bit stupid and takes time and understanding to see how it should have been done. I can agree with you that it seemed silly, but he obviously had no idea about it at the time. We all make these mistakes.

I was actually most unhappy about he quality of the ideo, mic and production...

The shimmering video and not being able to hear anything was the worse thing in my eyes. They really need to get a regular streamer to set them up or something.

I think that excuse can only go so far. It's one thing if these guys are fans who are volunteering to help the campaign, but according to their history, they've been involved in what, 10+ kickstarter campaigns already? They're being paid to do this. They should have the equipment and experience to do a decent job. Bare minimum, there's no excuse for the audio/video quality to be so poor.

I agree that the fans shouldn't go after him, shouldn't harass him, shouldn't publicly humiliate him, but he has to get it together. Hopefully they get some feedback and do a better job in the next stream.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say he did the most horrible job ever. I wouldn't even say it was bad. In fact, they did more than I even expected of them. He obviviously just over did his enthusiasm.. that's all I see. Having questions prepared was actually more than I expected. lol I guess the bar was low because of the lac of updates on KS

BUT- I don't think we can point the blame directly at the KS team, they can only work with what the shenmue team gives them to work with after all. The KS team can't do anything about what pledges or information is made.

I feel like YS and his team were not really prepared for KS honestly. I think the blame goes more toward their lack of experience in that department. I feel they have finally started to turn it around in the past few days though, so I feel confident in them learning what they need to do to make it a bigger success now.

Of course you don't have to watch the video, do whatever you like of course :)

We have wasted a lot of effort on this guy that we can't really change much about

I hope we can move on from it and focus on how to generate more funds for shenmue.

At teh end of the day AJ can only put up the information they are given from Yu and his team. I do hope they have fully learned and get up more tiers as they seem to keep selling out. It seems every time they don't have something listed it's potentially losing money . It's a good situation to be in no doubt, if they can take advatnage of it.

Are you sure you're not Joel?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:At teh end of the day AJ can only put up the information they are given from Yu and his team

Then what's the point in Awesome Japan being there is they just copy and paste what they're given? As a company leading this they should be looking too make as much content as possible, Poking Yu for as much as he can give and getting the fans involved.

Or you know they can wait for Yu too write a statement and click publish for him...
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Real life Goro.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Jackie Fhan wrote:At teh end of the day AJ can only put up the information they are given from Yu and his team

Then what's the point in Awesome Japan being there is they just copy and paste what they're given? As a company leading this they should be looking too make as much content as possible, Poking Yu for as much as he can give and getting the fans involved.

Or you know they can wait for Yu too write a statement and click publish for him...

Or better yet, why they just don't use the material or ideas we have provided so far? It's all over the net! They could care a bit more by browsing the Shenmue community forums and other social media related stuff at least.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:00 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:

Or better yet, why they just don't use the material or ideas we have provided so far? It's all over the net! They could care a bit more by browsing the Shenmue community forums and other social media related stuff at least.

For people who's job is to promote stuff their social accounts are ridiculously underwhelming.

Just look at their twitter account despite being a company that have promoted 13 kickstarters https://twitter.com/AWESOMEACADEMY1 no wonder half of them failed. Even I have a bigger outreach on social media than these clowns.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, sand4fish
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:04 pm

I don't think a KS team has the ability to add things at their free will.

A lot of companies do their own KS and can add and edit things as they want. No matter what, the companies behind the projects are always the one who have final word in what goes up or doesn't.

I mean, if his was your game are you going to let a team that's only real job is to use english and understands how to use KS do your updates and ideas? I mean, I think a few of you are looking at a couple of things wrong.

They really can't add tiers, stretch goals etc on their on or even based on their on ideas. All of that is entirely up to the developers or owners of a IP.

I have seen many people say the IGA KS was ran perfectly but do you really think the people doing the KS for them were making the ideas for what went in as stretch goals? Of corse that had to come from the developers who knew wha they can add to their game. I'm not trying to defend what has or hasn't been done as some of you are trying to point out.

I'm simply pointing out that maybe I nor you know what is the cause of some of the problems of the KS. It isn't just the KS team though? perhaps?

I also said, they have finally gotten in a small little groove of what helps bring in money, so we have to give them both a bit of credit?

They did move the goals to the top like so many people asked for and complained about. All I'm saying is, when is there some positive things given to the team? I mean, they did more than what a lot of KS ever did from feedback before. i almost never saw things moved around based on fan feedback.. come on guys they are obviously trying and did do so many of the ideas that were feasible..

They did get the questions of SH1 / 2 HD, they did get the questions of paypal. They did get the questions of the phsyical disc I do not think they did a horrible job as so many of you are proclaiming. No, I don't see it.

If this was a sony funded project and you honestly would not have this level of clearness and interaction. You would have way more vague answers, just like you do about sony's actual involvement.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby KidMarine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Are you SURE you're not Joel?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III