Unloaded Areas

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Unloaded Areas

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi all,

Lately I have been diving slowly back into Shenmue Modding. Hi Bluemue!

I have taken an interest in recording the outer areas of maps, in which I call unloaded areas.

These are the areas you briefly see when opening and closing doors, as well as outside surrounding areas.

All of this is accessible using my Explore Mod version 1.3.

What do you guys think of these areas?

Here are some videos. More are available on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/lordcanti

Enjoy!
Old Warehouse District:
phpBB [video]

YOU Arcade:
phpBB [video]

Tomato Convenience Store:
phpBB [video]

Abe Candy Shop:
phpBB [video]

shengoro86 has received 3 thanks from: BlueMue, Fenix, iyapol
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: Unloaded Areas

Postby Zoltor » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Am I missing something, why do you need a mod, if I remember correctly, can't you just use the stair glitch to do this(the end result, is very similar to that of the map glitch in Shenmue 2, as it allows you to go through ways, go out of the game world, and such, hell you can even use it to skip nearly all of disc 1) ?
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Great videos! I love this "looking around corners you're not supposed to" kind of stuff, that's why I do this in Shenmue II all the time. It's often baffling to see how much of the next area is preloaded with your current area.

Zoltor wrote:Am I missing something, why do you need a mod, if I remember correctly, can't you just use the stair glitch to do this(the end result, is very similar to that of the map glitch in Shenmue 2, as it allows you to go through ways, go out of the game world, and such, hell you can even use it to skip nearly all of disc 1) ?

No those are two totally different things. The glitches are very different. In Shenmue you can only use that particular set of stairs to glitch around Dobuita with the aid of clipping through the the bakery with that cart thingy.
In Shenmue II you can let Ryo become invisible and pass loading points and boundaries pretty much everywhere as long as you have a map in your inventory.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Zoltor » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:30 pm

BlueMue wrote: Great videos! I love this "looking around corners you're not supposed to" kind of stuff, that's why I do this in Shenmue II all the time. It's often baffling to see how much of the next area is preloaded with your current area.

Zoltor wrote:Am I missing something, why do you need a mod, if I remember correctly, can't you just use the stair glitch to do this(the end result, is very similar to that of the map glitch in Shenmue 2, as it allows you to go through ways, go out of the game world, and such, hell you can even use it to skip nearly all of disc 1) ?

No those are two totally different things. The glitches are very different. In Shenmue you can only use that particular set of stairs to glitch around Dobuita with the aid of clipping through the the bakery with that cart thingy.
In Shenmue II you can let Ryo become invisible and pass loading points and boundaries pretty much everywhere as long as you have a map in your inventory.

Ah ok, wasn't aware such could only be done on those specific stairs(I really am not one to abuse glitches, "especially in a Shenmue game", for obvious reasons), but I think I know why such wouldn't work on other stairs(need to pay closer attention to the stair animation evidently), my bad.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 pm

These aren't glitches.

I am literally removing the clipping from the maps via hex editor. No glitching involved :)
Credit to Giorgio for figuring that one out.

For the places with auto doors, I also removed their warp points via hex editing. Credit to me for that one :)
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Return to Shenmue