Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Postby Switch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:23 am

DEVILLE_David wrote:
*19時 *マップチェンジ (FR : Changement de la carte à 19h / EN : Map changing at 7PM)

*23時30分 F.O ー F.I 莎花の家 (FR : Maison de Shenhua à 23h30 / EN : Shenhua's house at 11:30PM)

I am still trying to figure out what that "F.O" part is, but I have no idea.

How about "Fade Out -> Fade In"? So at 11.30PM you are taken from your current location back to Shenhua's house.

Switch has received 2 thanks from: NeoShredder, Yokosuka
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:49 am

Awesome stuff!

So what do we know about what this event actually is? Is it like a development conference or what?

EDIT: Perhaps Yu is there because he's back to do some research in China?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 am

I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

Edit: Added one suggestion at the end.

DEVILLE_David wrote: Tried to translate this screen as well as I can (can barely read some parts due to quality) :

Info :

江の支流、狼回山をの*たところにある山村

民家 (FR : Résidence privée / EN : Private house) ** 戸 鐘楼 寺

の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about 袁(Shenhua's stepfather)*)

*の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about *)

PC **********
Q 鐘楼 ********
PC ******** F.O

EV 熊(?) (FR : Hirondelle(s) / EN : A bear) (*Not really sure, but it'll make more sense, isn't it?)

EV 石跳び (FR : Sauts de pierre en pierre (à vérifier) / EN : Jumping from a stone to another (like the first trailer where Ryo and Shenhua were jumping))
Last edited by Kiyuu on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiyuu has received 3 thanks from: DEVILLE_David, NeoShredder, Switch
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 am

Going to echo what everybody else seems to be saying, the game looks a lot further along than it has any right to be after only 3-4 months in development. UE4 seems to really be working out of them in terms of asset creation pipelines anyway.

Shenhua's new model is also pretty impressive too. It definitely is starting to look more like a modern iteration of how she looked on Dreamcast. Can't wait to see the same with Ryo.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Switch » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 am

Kiyuu wrote: I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

DEVILLE_David wrote: Tried to translate this screen as well as I can (can barely read some parts due to quality) :

Info :

江の支流、狼回山をの*たところにある山村

の情報 NA (FR : Information concernant * / EN : Information about 袁(Shenhua's stepfather)*)

PC **********
Q 鐘楼 ********
PC ******** F.O

Here's how it looks after straightening and rotating the slide and integrating the English translations from David and Kiyuu onto it, plus some minor additions.

I'm quite surprised at how much detail Yu Suzuki has revealed, even though it's still at a high level.

(Spoilers)
The map change at 7:00PM is intruiging...

Some of the abbrevations seem self-explanatory, such as EV = Event, Q = Quest. Not sure about some of the others.
Updated: forest event changed to "bear" (thanks to Kiyuu).
Last edited by Switch on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Switch has received a thanks from: DEVILLE_David
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 am

This looks so epic and awesome! :D
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:56 am

Without wanting to look at spoilers of the translated text, does the 2km by 2km refer to Bailu? If so that's surprising, I thought we wouldn't get a 2km by 2km Bailu without hitting the $11 million Magic Maze stretch goal?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:11 am

Amir wrote: Without wanting to look at spoilers of the translated text, does the 2km by 2km refer to Bailu? If so that's surprising, I thought we wouldn't get a 2km by 2km Bailu without hitting the $11 million Magic Maze stretch goal?

99% sure that is related with the free battle playfield (perhaps with High Ground Battle system).
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:18 am

Kintor wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: Just popping in to say:

That looks incredibly advanced for four months of dev time, and it seems like the legendary Yu Suzuki development pipeline efficiency and detail stickling is hard at work with this game lol. It ALREADY has a feel, an atmosphere, and a "smell" as he might put it. And this is with over two years of dev time remaining.

Yeah. He may surprise everyone despite the limited budget...

I agree, for a game apparently so early in development Shenmue 3 looks absolutely amazing. No doubt Yu Suzuki's talent as a developer and a leader has made all this hard work possible, to make the most of the people and resources he has at his disposal. Plus, I think it probably helps a great deal that much of the pre-production for Shenmue 3 was completed the best part of two decades ago, allowing Yu Suzuki and his team to jump straight into full-scale development. Shenmue was always meant to be Yu Suzuki’s magnum opus, now all these years later he's picking-up where he left off.

Same here. I'm very impressed by the ryhtm of the development. Once the Unreal Engine is mastered and the artistic direction of the environment set, the hard work will begin: Animations, AI, fights, etc...

Anyway, so far so good! I hope we will see polished and good quality footage of the videos and pictures during Playstation Experience or for the next backers update :)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:27 am

Kiske wrote:Anyway, so far so good! I hope we will see polished and good quality footage of the videos and pictures during Playstation Experience or for the next backers update :)

I wonder if they'll skip the backer update this month since the Playstation Experience will be the first week of December? Either way I can't wait for the 5th or 6th of December, wonder what Adam and Gio cooked up with Ys Net...
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DEVILLE_David » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 am

Switch wrote:
Kiyuu wrote: I've guessed some parts in the spoiler:

Info :

江の支流、狼回山をの*たところにある山村

PC **********
Q 鐘楼 ********
PC ******** F.O

Here's how it looks after straightening and rotating the slide and integrating the English translations from David and Kiyuu onto it, plus some minor additions.

I'm quite surprised at how much detail Yu Suzuki has revealed, even though it's still at a high level.

(Spoilers)
The map change at 7:00PM is intruiging...

Some of the abbrevations seem self-explanatory, such as EV = Event, Q = Quest. Not sure about some of the others.

Thanks Kiyuu and Switch ! It makes sense now. Still think that the missing ??? is Iwao. But would need a better picture.
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:29 am

Amir wrote:
Kiske wrote:Anyway, so far so good! I hope we will see polished and good quality footage of the videos and pictures during Playstation Experience or for the next backers update :)

I wonder if they'll skip the backer update this month since the Playstation Experience will be the first week of December? Either way I can't wait for the 5th or 6th of December, wonder what Adam and Gio cooked up with Ys Net...

Honestly, I hope they skip the backer update and wait for Playstation Experience. That would be a perfect time to drop some big news about Shenmue and give a final kick to the PayPal campaign.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Monkei » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:09 am

Oh man, those videos, and the music..! :heart:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:11 am

Is Shenmue 3 confirmed for PSE? I know Gio and Boyes hung out with Yu & co. a few weeks ago, but I didn't think they were planning anything for PSE.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:17 am

Spaghetti wrote: Is Shenmue 3 confirmed for PSE? I know Gio and Boyes hung out with Yu & co. a few weeks ago, but I didn't think they were planning anything for PSE.

Not confirmed, just speculating. It's not on the list of games but Shenmue fans can still dream (2015 after all is the Year All The Dreams Came True ;) ).
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III