MORE SHENMUE NEW (shenmue chapter break down) Eng version

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

MORE SHENMUE NEW (shenmue chapter break down) Eng version

Postby sshen1127 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:05 pm

After the press conference in shanghai. I was able to get a little more information about the game from Yu during our meal time.

After I got home. I re-watch the conference and I was able to come up with some my own speculation. Let’s get sweaty.

I made 2 pictures. The first picture is each location of the entire 11 chapter. The second picture is the flow of the entire story line.

From the 2 pictures here is the information I get.
Shenmue chapter break down.
1. Japan Yokosuka
2. Hong Kong
3. Chapter 3 and 4 is (Su Zhou and shanghai) not sure which one come first.
4. Chapter 5 and 6 is ( Guilin)
5. Chapter 7 ( Luoyang ) Image
6. Chapter 8 Cang Zhou Miao village
7. Chapter 9 Xi An
8. Chapter 10 Bei Jin
9. Chapter 11 is Lan Lou ( XinJiang )

3 and 4 was cut which include shu Zhou and shanghai

The last chapter the final battle takes place in ancient city (Lou Lan)

Here is the detail

First. I got all the location and the name of the city from the map of the second picture. Which chapter 3 and 4 is Suzhou and shanghai. And during the meal with Yu. I heard with my own ear that Shenmue 3 will be the story of Shenmue 5 and 6. Therefore 3 and 4 is being cut at this point.

There is a couple of detail worth mentioning here. The Niao Sun character in chapter 6 also appears in chapter 7 which is Luo yan. So Niao Sun follow Ryo to Luo yong ? Is to kill Ryo or help him? Also in chapter 10 the person ryo holds (is it landi or ziming? or someone else) if its LanDi does it mean Ryo defected him and forgive him in the end? Did Ryo reach a new ground of moral conscience? And what happen before that?

Finally I am most curious part of the story is the last chapter. The story takes place in Lou Lan. Note (the Chinese words on the map is Lou Lan not xinjiang) so the story must have a connection with the ancient city of ( LouLan). The ancient city of Lou Lan use to be the ruler for the land of Xing Jiang (it uses to be a country with rich culture and power) but suddenly disappears overnight. Similar like Maya Civilization. It becomes a historical myth.

So if the final battle is taken place there. Is there any connection between the two?

Picture of Lou Lan

Finally there is one last detail I would like to share with everyone. During meal time Yu mention he will visitor shanghai and Suzhou, Wuxi, and Xiamen. Notice he mention shanghai and Suzhou the location of the two chapter that is cut from the game. Does that mean he is location scouting these two place? Will he add these 2 missing chapter in Shenmue 4? Will Shenmue 4 be chapter 3 and 4 (sshen1127 I personally don’t think so) we don’t know. But the most important part I think is still the budget. We need to keep support the game that is only way we can get more content from it. One last thing. During the meal time Yu mention in the future he may creator a brand new fighting game. What is that fighting game? I think it might be Shenmue character base fighting game. I believe after all of this set and done. Shenmue will no doubt become a legend of a game!

sshen1127
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: MORE SHENMUE NEW (shenmue chapter break down) Eng versio

Postby Hanzumon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks for this very interesting information ... =D> =D> =D>

I still hope, that Ryo will fight on the great wall of China in one of the next games. It would be a perfect place for a showdown with one of the four bosses ...

Edit: When all chapters in the next games are in china, will there be no "love happy end" with Ryo and Nazomi?
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:15 pm

Thank you very much.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MoonStar15 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:22 pm

Have Mr. Suzuki met with ZhuXi Xi JinPing yet to talk about Shenmue and China next huge video games like the PlayStation game console?

phpBB [video]
MoonStar15
Asia Travel Representative

Postby sshen1127 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:23 am

XIJIANPING IS THE president OF CHINA, If he is the fan of shenmue . we will get shenmue 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and 0 and -1.
sshen1127
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MoonStar15 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 am

What do you think of Xi ZhuXi compare to Mao ZhuXi?

I think Mao ZhuXi would have liked an ethical story like Shenmue.
MoonStar15

Postby sshen1127 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:26 am

unfortunately I dont have a lot of good thing to said about Mao. Xi is really good i like him a lot.
sshen1127
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:24 am

MoonStar15 wrote: Have Mr. Suzuki met with ZhuXi Xi JinPing yet to talk about Shenmue and China next huge video games like the PlayStation game console?

phpBB [video]

I don´t understand the video.

What does Yu Suzuki has to do with it ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby MoonStar15 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 am

The video is just to show what the ZhuXi of China Mr. Xi JinPing look like.
I don't understand much about it but it seem he is a great leader of China as some have said.

So probably Shenmue fans in China can talk to Xi ZhuXi and probably he would be interested in Shenmue and want to talk to Mr. Suzuki about it.
MoonStar15

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 am

I will call Cédric to ask Prince Albert to make a deal with Xi Jinping. Maybe could Shenmue III get a $ 145 million extension then ?

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 am

MoonStar15 wrote: So probably Shenmue fans in China can talk to Xi ZhuXi and probably he would be interested in Shenmue and want to talk to Mr. Suzuki about it.

To be honest Shenmue was the best piece of media that I've heard about China in my lifetime.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby sshen1127 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:00 am

@shredingskin wow.that is pretty bad. china is just like american or everywhere else. there is good people and there is douchebag
sshen1127
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:51 am

no shanghai? to me this is disapointing. my favorite shenmue place is hong kong and I love big cities in this game
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:08 am

drunkensailor wrote: no shanghai? to me this is disapointing. my favorite shenmue place is hong kong and I love big cities in this game

Perhaps Yu invented Choubu in relation to this ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Belgiumfan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:36 pm

A quick reminder from Yu to You all :

"To be precise, Shenmue I is the whole of Chapter 1, as is. And Shenmue II corresponds with the Hong Kong chapter. The part about meeting Shenhua was originally in Chapters 5 and 6. I moved just the part about meeting her to Shenmue II. Actually Chapter 3 was on a train. The scenes take place inside a train. So Chapter 3 hasn’t been used at all. In total there are 11 chapters, and so I could properly visualize how they would fit together, the first thing I did was to make a novel. So that's the form I put them in, and I use it as a base reference. It's not meant to represent the exact scenarios for the game, though. I don't use it to decide "this event goes here, this quest goes here, this flag gets set here" and so on. It doesn’t directly dictate the scenarios for the game."

It shouldn't be a let down to notice that chapters 3 & 4 were skipped, since we can get from the quote that the train chapter [3] was cancelled in 2001, when Shenmue 2 was programmed. And since we now know that the chapter 4 was also skipped at the time of the dreamcast...

We can rejoice, because chapter 4 has most of the same elements that are drawn on the chapter 6 picture : Niao Sun and the Bruce Lee character. Lan di is shown on 4 but not on 6, which doesn't matter for we know we will meet him in Shenmue 3's chapter 6. The remaining surprise is whether the "fourth boss" we will encounter will be the "Lau" character from picture 4 or the guy in white from picture 6.

And... we can imagine Yu decided in 2001 that he would mix the "boss fight" chapters (4&6) story elements back in 2001, when he chose to rush the story to chapter 5 (after all in the interview, he doesn't say chapter 4 "hasn't been used at all", so we may learn parts of it, but not in the city it was written for since the journey is way beyond now...).

I would be interested to know your ideas about the way chapter 3 & 4 were related to Suzhou or Shangai. Those cities are rather close... Does the landscape of picture 4 give a hint to anyone ? Thanks everyone, and to sshen1127 who did a nice job in here :D
Belgiumfan

Next

Return to Shenmue III