New interview with Cedric Biscay and Shibuya Productions

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

New interview with Cedric Biscay and Shibuya Productions

Postby Xieldos » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:02 am

Hey guys,

My own site PauseResume.com conducted a new interview with Cedric Biscay and Shibuya Productions that some of you might appreciate.

http://www.pauseresume.com/shenmue-shibuya-productions/

Don't expect any ground breaking reveals but Cedric did mention during our chat that he and Yu Suzuki were working on a project before Shenmue III which was abandoned.

Unfortunately, they didn't reveal any further info on what that project might be but maybe in years to come we'll find out.

Xieldos
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Xieldos
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: New interview with Cedric Biscay and Shibuya Productions

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for the great interview. So Cedric has already played a bit of Shenmue "after the cave". Exciting! Gives me chills just thinking about it.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby rdk_nl » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Love the part:

At the beginning, many issues were standing in the way, making the project almost impossible. So we decided to work together on another project. Honestly, I was still so happy to be working with Yu Suzuki even if it was not on Shenmue. But the other project was finally abandoned, unfortunately, which just coincided with a new, greater possibility to launch Shenmue 3. You know what happened next. The twists and turns of destiny…

"Another Project" :shock:
rdk_nl
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:37 pm

don't really mind the cancellation that other project since the only thing i wanted suzuki to work on is S3. And now he is so good riddance.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby RyoHazuki84 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:13 pm

I remember one cancelled Suzuki project that caught my interest was Psy-Phi. It seemed like a great concept and this was shortly before touch screen technology progressively became mainstream. It shows that Suzuki has always been a man ahead of the times.

This interview has given me hope that we expect to see something big in the upcoming weeks in regards to Shenmue 3. Whatever the project may have been, I always feel that Shenmue 3 should take prescedence
RyoHazuki84

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby ys » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:13 pm

rdk_nl wrote: Love the part:

At the beginning, many issues were standing in the way, making the project almost impossible. So we decided to work together on another project. Honestly, I was still so happy to be working with Yu Suzuki even if it was not on Shenmue. But the other project was finally abandoned, unfortunately, which just coincided with a new, greater possibility to launch Shenmue 3. You know what happened next. The twists and turns of destiny…

"Another Project" :shock:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46577
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46945

Likely this. Yu was working on a few things apparently. One was a fantasy game where Yu drew the concept art himself and they already had a script and music. Yu was looking into Kickstarter around that time going by the information in one of the threads.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to Shenmue III