Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:31 am

I would take this to answer the above:

Peter wrote: 100% this is the real Shenmue. Yu Suzuki said that "the full on Shenmue experience we have been waiting for."

He wasn't lying.

FlagshipFighter wrote:is any of the yakuza spinoffs worth playing? Im new to this series and don't know much about it, but I have seen a zombies one in a store recently... thx!

It really depends on your tastes. If a third-person shooter with zombies is the kind of game that would normally appeal to you, then throwing in the Yakuza characters and sense of humor will only make it more enjoyable. But if all you're playing it for is the Yakuza-ness, then you might struggle to stick with it. Bit of a sliding scale really, but if you can get it cheaply then I'd say it's at least worth a try.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Spaghetti
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kiske » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:48 am

Just so you know, Cédric Biscay has confirmed once again that:
"There is no plan (today) for surprise or big update before december."

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 6037637120

BEFORE December...

Kiske has received 3 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti, Switch
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:26 pm

Went and did some asking myself:

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/783874438970368000

Me: Is it safe to say we may get something big in December, or is there no plan for that either?

Cedric: I am not a spoiler ! ;)

Add more fuel to that PSX fire.

Spaghetti has received 6 thanks from: BlueMue, FlagshipFighter, Gavan, Himuro, Kiske, Rikitatsu
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:55 pm

It seems we are going to see good things at psx, maybe the first tráiler?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: It seems we are going to see good things at psx, maybe the first tráiler?

It seems like it.

Cedric has been coy about things before, but it really seems like the ball is moving on a potential re-reveal.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:21 pm

^Guys I'm too frail, I don't think my mind or body is ready for any of this kinda news, it's making me shiver just thinking about it xD

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:I would take this to answer the above:

Peter wrote: 100% this is the real Shenmue. Yu Suzuki said that "the full on Shenmue experience we have been waiting for."

He wasn't lying.

FlagshipFighter wrote:is any of the yakuza spinoffs worth playing? Im new to this series and don't know much about it, but I have seen a zombies one in a store recently... thx!

It really depends on your tastes. If a third-person shooter with zombies is the kind of game that would normally appeal to you, then throwing in the Yakuza characters and sense of humor will only make it more enjoyable. But if all you're playing it for is the Yakuza-ness, then you might struggle to stick with it. Bit of a sliding scale really, but if you can get it cheaply then I'd say it's at least worth a try.

Thanks, I bought it and uhh, the controls are pretty funky aren't they? XD not in a bad way necessarily, it's endearing, reminding me of the simpler times in the DC/PS2 era.

I recently wrapped up Yakuza 3 after leaving it for the past few months, it was good but holy smokes I just finished Yakuza 4 and I loved loved LOVED it! The series has (finally) clicked with me!

Currently in the beginning of Yakuza 5 now and gameplay wise it's only going up, up and up. Love how the environment/roads now seems 'to scale' and the camera/fov is more shenmue-esque. The driving is cool too.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for telling me to persist with the series, I think it's my new favourite thing. I just love roaming. I bought these games used from stores/psn because I got into these series late but you can be sure I'll be there to preorder/buy Yakuza 0/6 and buy a PS4 earlier than expected, by far my favourite Sony exclusive game.

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 pm

Saw this a couple weeks ago from Ryan Payton:

The Shenmue main theme has been on repeat in my head all morning. Not a bad way to start the day.

https://twitter.com/ryanpayton/status/791708873719582724

It's not a hint at anything, but it does make me wonder if he's seen something recently that put that tune into his head, say... a trailer.

Yes, this is an almost pointless bump, but as we're only 25 days away from PSX it seems like a good time for the speculation machine to start whirring up again.

It's also interesting to note Cedric is in Japan at the moment too, but he seems to be doing work regarding the manga competition at MAGIC next year. Still, he's stayed mostly quiet on the topic of Yu Suzuki and Shenmue.

I asked him on Twitter if he was going to meet with Yu and that I was looking forward to what comes in December. I didn't get a reply, but I did get a like. I don't think that means much of anything, but maybe Cedric has caught on that he's said too much and doesn't want to spoil the surprise... or plans have changed around December and he's trying not to get hopes up.

Personally, I think he's just subtly stoking the hype fires without making it obvious December is the big reveal month. I was sceptical at E3 around what Cedric may/may not have been hinting at, but I think now (and especially after the testimony from those at the KS dinner in Japan) that December is going to be the month the curtain gets pulled back in a big way.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Amir
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:19 am

I'm pretty sure Shenmue 3 will be at PSX... actually my mind is already overheating with hopes of a Shenmue HD announcement :-#
Not because there are indications it's going to happen but because, if it eventually happens, it could be a good time to announce them.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:37 am

After all tweets and comments of Cedric about december, it will be at psx for sure.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Jibby » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:39 am

I expect to see Shenmue III at PSX, but the HD collection is another story. If it ever does come out, I don't think it will be a big announcement at a show/convention but rather just a tweet/YouTube video from SEGA. That is unless it's SONY who are bankrolling it exclusively for PS4, but to be honest, I don't really think that's going to happen.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:36 am

Jibby wrote: I expect to see Shenmue III at PSX, but the HD collection is another story. If it ever does come out, I don't think it will be a big announcement at a show/convention but rather just a tweet/YouTube video from SEGA. That is unless it's SONY who are bankrolling it exclusively for PS4, but to be honest, I don't really think that's going to happen.

I think that, on the contrary, if the Shenmue HD collection does eventually happen, it will be announced at a show/convention. I mean, it is a big deal. Don't you remember Shenmue 3 announcement?
Furthermore, I believe that if it does happen, it will be with Sony not far behind the scenes.

PS. Please, don't kill my enthusiasm :lol:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:46 am

I'm calling it now, Shenmue I and II HD releases along with Shenmue 3 trailer at Playstation Exp.

I'm sure they can iron out those licencing issues which they claim have been holding back the HD releases.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jibby » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:48 am

Kiske wrote:
Jibby wrote: I expect to see Shenmue III at PSX, but the HD collection is another story. If it ever does come out, I don't think it will be a big announcement at a show/convention but rather just a tweet/YouTube video from SEGA. That is unless it's SONY who are bankrolling it exclusively for PS4, but to be honest, I don't really think that's going to happen.

I think that, on the contrary, if the Shenmue HD collection does eventually happen, it will be announced at a show/convention. I mean, it is a big deal. Don't you remember Shenmue 3 announcement?
Furthermore, I believe that if it does happen, it will be with Sony not far behind the scenes.

PS. Please, don't kill my enthusiasm :lol:

Ahh sorry! Not my intention to kill the enthusiasm lol.

For what it's worth though, I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong \:D/
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby delvec19 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:00 am

I'm so over-hyped reading all this about PSX, that I'm fully convinced it's going to happen strictly by reading this message board. It's hard not to check this board every single day for any news.
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:04 am

So hyped about this! I know that the event is on the 3rd and 4th of Nov, but do we know what time the stream is running? I assume the live broadcast opens the 2 day event? I cannot remember at all what time it was from last year. A friend has just moved in to a new house and typically has lined up a party for the 3rd at 7PM lol

Not going to miss this for the world, even if I turn up late at 2am :P

Edit: Did some digging, looks like the schedule isn't announced yet, but both days start at 10:00 PST. Hopefully the show is what kicks off the event.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III