Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:19 pm

We'll see. I've noticed loooooads of negativity on Twitter and in comment sections about the game, but of course, it could just be a case of vocal minorities. I think that tide will begin to turn once the December update goes live.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Shenmue_Music wrote: With PC backers, we could reach above and beyond $10 million. There are probably a lot of PC gamers that haven't pledged, so with the PC Slacker Backer, I think it will be very possible.

Are you aware that the PS4 backers have only done $300k since the start of the Slacker Backer campaign?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby James Brown » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Well I already got a kickstarter PC, and a kickstarter PS4, and bought an extra copy of PS4 to keep sealed off the Paypal, so might aswell grab an extra PC copy to keep sealed aswell :)

If most fans are able to do this that could generate a nice amount of money grabbing another game!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Yokosuka wrote:Are you aware that the PS4 backers have only done $300k since the start of the Slacker Backer campaign?

Mm. True enough, but it should spread awareness of the Slacker Backer campaign in general, and if an update hits in quick succession, then we could see an increase in the overall funds coming into the PayPal campaign each week from now on.

It clears a couple thousand most weeks already, with increased confidence in the project and a whole other platform of people to attract, I think $7 million may be achievable halfway through next year.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Shenmue_Music wrote: With PC backers, we could reach above and beyond $10 million. There are probably a lot of PC gamers that haven't pledged, so with the PC Slacker Backer, I think it will be very possible.

Are you aware that the PS4 backers have only done $300k since the start of the Slacker Backer campaign?

Come on, everyone knows that the average PC gamer is ten times as wealthy as any Playstation plebeian. :lol:

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:36 pm

James Brown wrote: Well I already got a kickstarter PC, and a kickstarter PS4, and bought an extra copy of PS4 to keep sealed off the Paypal, so might aswell grab an extra PC copy to keep sealed aswell :)

If most fans are able to do this that could generate a nice amount of money grabbing another game!

If anyone here has ever bought two Shenmue phonecards, I would be grateful to buy one of them. I was completely broke when the kickstarter happens. :cry:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Yokosuka wrote:If anyone here has ever bought two Shenmue phonecards, I would be grateful to buy one of them. I was completely broke when the kickstarter happens. :cry:

I might be able to get you one. If it's just a code or digital thing I'll give it to you for free. Just have to check for sure if it's within my rewards a spare one, as I pledged on various different tiers.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Shenmue_Music, Yokosuka
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Yokosuka wrote:

Yes. But they are PS4 backers, not PC backers. Like I said, there will be plenty of PC gamers that haven't pledged, so we could see a huge rise in the amount of money that could be donated. Just like when Shenmue III was announced, it made a lot of millions in a short amount of time. So yeah, definitely possible.
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:56 pm

I think you forget an information. PC gamers were able to pledge both physical and digital copies over the Kickstarter campaign before being taken out of the new Slacker Backer one.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jibby » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:06 pm

This is good, I just wish it hadn't taken as long.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 pm

What would getting to $10 million do at this point? I don't know what the development process for a video game looks like, but when I hear they are nearing the end of development and heading into full-scale production I get the feeling the game has no potential to grow any further - even with a sudden $3 million payday.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Although it'd likely cause a delay to make use of the extra funds, the Agile management methodology could actually facilitate the development and implementation of new features thanks to more money.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Suzuki Yu, Yokosuka
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:25 pm

True. But we don't know whether the PC version not being added to the Slacker Backer is the cause for only $300K being donated. Oh well, time will tell us how much money the PC backers will end up contributing to the Slacker Backer.
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:35 pm

At the very least, extra funds will ensure a safer debugging phase. No bug's land is also part of the Shenmue signature.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby celsowm » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:39 pm

If Shenmue HDs happen I can bet 1 or 2 millions, at least, for slacker backer
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III