Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:10 pm

mrandyk wrote:
Shenmue_Music wrote: With PC backers, we could reach above and beyond $10 million. There are probably a lot of PC gamers that haven't pledged, so with the PC Slacker Backer, I think it will be very possible.

What would getting to $10 million do at this point? I don't know what the development process for a video game looks like, but when I hear they are nearing the end of development and heading into full-scale production I get the feeling the game has no potential to grow any further - even with a sudden $3 million payday.

If they got a 'sudden $3 million payday' then they would obviously delay it (like Spaghetti said). They wouldn't let $3 million go to waste, the money would of course be used for Shenmue III.
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:00 pm

I have read in some Spanish sites this news and taking a look at the comments section, more or less all people agree that they want to see some real images or videos of the game to buy the game. They are not sure if the game will be deserved to buy.
So I asume whenever the first trailers are shown, sales will go up!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 pm

The Slacker Backer depends on us, the fans, to spread the word as fast and furiously as possible in order to maximize output once the PC version hits. I fully believe we can make a major dent in goals. $7 million is definitely attainable by E3 2017.

Conversely, it also depends on AJ and Co. to release substantial progress updates, as well as recent screens or video. Yu will probably not fire out any trailer until he's satisfied fans will be happy. None of that "proof of concept" shenanigans that Mighty No. 9 did, wherein the final product looked nothing like the initial trailer.

I'm almost certain the game isn't making December 2017 at this point, so I'd think the Slacker Backer will go for quite some time. We need to get back to making an impact like we once were doing when the main KS was live.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:13 pm

mrandyk wrote: What would getting to $10 million do at this point? I don't know what the development process for a video game looks like, but when I hear they are nearing the end of development and heading into full-scale production I get the feeling the game has no potential to grow any further - even with a sudden $3 million payday.

Some of these stretch goals speak for themselves if there was a sudden injection of cash thrown into the project:

Even if the game was in an post-development phase, the game could be polished and even expanded upon. This can be seen in many games reintroduced to the market as Director's Cut or Definitive Edition.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:20 pm

I'd be content with a $7.5 cume to have a fully expanded battle system at the very least.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Great news this could really boost the campaign. I will do my best to share and post on social media.
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby Himuro » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:33 am

People are definitely down on the fact there's a pre-order announcement and that it's in the final phase of development without new footage. I knew this silence would back fire like I said after PSX but I can only hope that Yu and co deliver like they said they would!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:17 am

I think they're really only a vocal minority, that will shortly shut up or continue being ignorant once the December update drops.

Shenmue III getting into the news has seen the Slacker Backer campaign highlighted a lot more than it has in a while. Not sure if there's any delay on payment clearing, but if not, it basically made in a day what it took from the 8th-13th to make.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:55 am

I'm not sure if it's a vocal minority or not but from non-fan friends and casual fan friends they all think they need to show something before announcing it's in the final phase or a pre-order announcement date.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Ziming » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:02 am

Ziming has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:06 am

Himuro wrote: I'm not sure if it's a vocal minority or not but from non-fan friends and casual fan friends they all think they need to show something before announcing it's in the final phase or a pre-order announcement date.

Well, A.) it wasn't an announcement, it was a preview of a page (of a larger feature) from a Famitsu issue that has yet to go on sale and the story was just picked up en masse by the media, and B.) they aren't pre-orders in the conventional sense, AJ/YSnet are just making good on the longstanding promise to add the PC version to the Slacker Backer site.

I know we're hardcore and follow the development very closely to know this stuff, but the original source of the story clarified all this, and the burden is on the journalists who used conjecture to twist the story (AGAIN), and the readers who couldn't be bothered to check the source.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:07 am

Ziming wrote: Ryan Payton just tweeted this.
https://twitter.com/ryanpayton/status/8 ... 8146933762

Well that just tipped the workflow chart on its head.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Seems like semantics to me. Aside from debugging, full production is the final stage of the development workflow diagram, and anything before that is by definition pre-production.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Monkei
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:36 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Seems like semantics to me. Aside from debugging, full production is the final stage of the development workflow diagram, and anything before that is by definition pre-production.

Kinda, yeah. Sadly, people will use this as a way to downplay the year+ of work on the prototype because they know absolutely nothing about software development.

Eh whatever. They'll eat their crow soon enough.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:22 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Ziming wrote: Ryan Payton just tweeted this.
https://twitter.com/ryanpayton/status/8 ... 8146933762

Well that just tipped the workflow chart on its head.

Well, the game being in the final stage of pre-production fits with the workflow chart and Suzuki's Famitsu comment, I'd say. :)
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III