Phantom River Stone Articles [Updated Regularly]

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Phantom River Stone blog (Index of Articles)

Postby Switch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 am

Translation of the 4Gamer interview with Yu Suzuki is now up!

Image 4Gamer Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

Switch has received a thanks from: O Rei do Frango Assado
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 am

Now that I am back, it's time to rewind time all the way back and read everything that has came out from Gamescom. If only we had this awesome member who had a site with translated interviews from Suzuki-san :lol:

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Kiske, Spaghetti, Switch
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Switch » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 am

Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Sappharad » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:37 pm

Does this title screen introduce a numbering consistency error in the series? In the English version the Notebook had 'chapters' numbered before each section, with Hong Kong being 2, Kowloon being 3, and Guilin being 4.

Does the Japanese version of the Notebook not number them? Does this title screen referring to Chapter 3 as Guilin conflict with that numbering at all? If 2, 3 and 4 in Shenmue 2 were not chapter numbers, then what were they supposed to be?
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Switch » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Sappharad wrote:

Does this title screen introduce a numbering consistency error in the series? In the English version the Notebook had 'chapters' numbered before each section, with Hong Kong being 2, Kowloon being 3, and Guilin being 4.

Does the Japanese version of the Notebook not number them? Does this title screen referring to Chapter 3 as Guilin conflict with that numbering at all? If 2, 3 and 4 in Shenmue 2 were not chapter numbers, then what were they supposed to be?

The Japanese version also has numbers in Ryo's notebook (Yokosuka=1, Hong Kong=2, Kowloon=3) but I would say they are more to provide a sequential reference and are not intended to relate to the chapter numbering of the game titles.

I think the inconsistency lies with how chapter numbers are used in the game titles, which was already the case with Shenmue II: in Japanese, the first game was subtitled "Chapter One ~Yokosuka~" whereas Shenmue II dropped the subtitle.

So I think if Shenmue III is given a chapter subtitle it is really just a return to the format of the first game.
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Re: Phantom River Stone Articles [Updated Regularly]

Postby johnvivant » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am

Switch, do you know if anyone is working on a 80min disc optimized version of the new undub?
I really want to play it on my dreamcast. thanks
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Phantom River Stone Articles [Updated Regularly]

Postby Switch » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 pm

johnvivant wrote: Switch, do you know if anyone is working on a 80min disc optimized version of the new undub?
I really want to play it on my dreamcast. thanks

You may be in luck! There's a plan to look at making an 80 min version also but it will be a bit further down the track.

Switch has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects