Will Shenmue III end on a cliffhanger?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Will Shenmue III end on a cliffhanger?

Postby King John Blaze » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote: I am more concerned about the magic in Shenmue 3. Shenmue 2 ended with some magical and mystical bullshit, which was quite jarring considering the game was fairly realistic up tot hat point. I hope Ryo isn't regularly firing off haudokens and summoning demos by the end of Shenmue 3.

See, I don't get this. Why are fans so hell bent on having realism in Shenmue? Magic is only going to make it more interesting and intriguing. I mean, "realism" is boring. I want Shenmue to become even more awesome and legendary but for this to happen, it must go above and beyond normal things.

The ending for Shenmue 2 was extremely borderline in my opinion. There was always going to be some mysticism around the mirrors and I would have been extremely disappointed if there was nothing special about them with Lan Di only wanting them to sell on the next episode of Pawn Stars. With that said, it is a side story and I just hope whatever mysticism is behind it does not distract from the personal development of Ryo and his quest for revenge.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
Mr. Frozen wrote: I am more concerned about the magic in Shenmue 3. Shenmue 2 ended with some magical and mystical bullshit, which was quite jarring considering the game was fairly realistic up tot hat point. I hope Ryo isn't regularly firing off haudokens and summoning demos by the end of Shenmue 3.

See, I don't get this. Why are fans so hell bent on having realism in Shenmue? Magic is only going to make it more interesting and intriguing. I mean, "realism" is boring. I want Shenmue to become even more awesome and legendary but for this to happen, it must go above and beyond normal things.

Dreaming of a girl after finding a magical mirror which could resurrect a mystical beast only to meet that girl in real life OR even dream of her speaking to you about failing to meet her establishes the mysticism well early on in my opinion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P :P :P :P No mean vibes meant of course brotha :)

I think that Shenmue 3 will def have a cliffhanger but probably just from upcoming story and not a holy shit moment like the end of 2.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby punkmanced » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 am

It's Shenmue ...the end of part 3 will at the very least feel like a chapter is closing :)
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 am

Oh yes, that it will. We've been waiting half of our lives for this and we've been fighting for the continuation for so long. So many years. With about a year to go, S3 seems right around the corner now but I can hardly wait. I always tell myself to be patient but I think about Shenmue every day and I finally want to know how the story continues.

Still, even though S3 will be published sooner or later the void inside me will only be filled when S4 or S5 will have completed the story.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:

See, I don't get this. Why are fans so hell bent on having realism in Shenmue?

Probably because all of the other parts of the two games were somewhat realistic. The magic at the end of Shenmue 2 isn't too crazy, though. It was just ultra surprising and left us at one hell of a cliffhanger.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby alexh86 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:08 pm

We know Shenmue III will not end the series so at the very least it will end unfinished. I have a feeling YS will leave us on the edge of our seat again and I believe work will begin quickly on the next (and what I presume will be the final) game.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:13 am

alexh86 wrote: We know Shenmue III will not end the series so at the very least it will end unfinished. I have a feeling YS will leave us on the edge of our seat again and I believe work will begin quickly on the next (and what I presume will be the final) game.

I highly doubt Shenmue IV is going to be the last one. It should go up to at least Shenmue V.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Previous

Return to Shenmue III