Shenmue II Mod Topic

(Chapters 3-6)

Okay...

Postby _Shift » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:29 am

Thanks, I'll try that later on and report back on how it worked. I'm fairly certain I got all the files though - I did knock all the .wav files for the arcade games down to zero kb's to fit it on the HDD, but I'm fairly certain all the files must have copied and that zeroing these has no real effect (otherwise I doubt the DVD/RW copy would've worked but I played that for about an hour with no trouble).
I'll see how I get on. Thanks again.

EDIT: Incidentally, I had a little app coded up that allows you to pick a file extension (such as wav), point it to a backed up game directory on your PC HDD and it'll automatically zero all the files in that directory with that extension. Saves a lot of time creating zero kb files and renaming each one or downsampling, or the problems of deleting them outright. Might post it later. 11kb.
_Shift
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby _Shift » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:20 pm

A hearty "w00t!" and many thanks. Still not entirely sure why it didn't work at first when all the files were *definitely* copied, but I copied 01 and 02 over seperately and it's now working just fine from the HDD. Now for some map-swapping character-swapping fun and games. :)
_Shift
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Daemos » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:25 pm

LanDC wrote:Nice pics.. But I noticed a little something about the pics though whitey.. Actually the mod was by me, and I told ya how it was done. So the watermark is a bit off? lol, heh, well I've had one coming since you pointed out how you found out how to get textures from PKFs.

Well, technically the mod wasn't by you. I made the mod, according to your direction, yes, but I still had to do it myself. :)
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Unikfingers » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:37 pm

Hi everyone, what an amazing work...!

I want to help but i only have my Dreamcast... and hacking by burning CD-R can cost me some of my organs (after selling them)...

However, can someone tell me how i can extract textures from caracters (i can only extract some parts of the MT7 files but i can't find the others caracters (Joy, Ren...)

Thanks a lot and good luck...
Unikfingers
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Mestre Ziming » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:47 am

Metalslug111 wrote:I went to that FTP site in the beginning of the thread for the AFS extracter tool thingy, but it seems to be down. Can someone possibly send me the program who has it? My email is [email protected]. Thanks.
go here to the AFSexplorer:http://dte-ng.issextreme.com/scripts/ps2.php

· wh¡teShådow · wrote:
LanDC wrote:Nice pics.. But I noticed a little something about the pics though whitey.. Actually the mod was by me, and I told ya how it was done. So the watermark is a bit off? lol, heh, well I've had one coming since you pointed out how you found out how to get textures from PKFs.

Well, technically the mod wasn't by you. I made the mod, according to your direction, yes, but I still had to do it myself. :)
technically the mod was by me, i found that place like others.
Good pics that you made whiteshadow.

Unikfingers wrote:Hi everyone, what an amazing work...!

I want to help but i only have my Dreamcast... and hacking by burning CD-R can cost me some of my organs (after selling them)...

However, can someone tell me how i can extract textures from caracters (i can only extract some parts of the MT7 files but i can't find the others caracters (Joy, Ren...)

Thanks a lot and good luck...
the caracters are inside humans.afs in npc folder.
Mestre Ziming
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Unikfingers » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:39 pm

But i don't know how i can extract textures if it's not from an MT7... can you tell me how please?
Thanks...
Unikfingers
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Metalslug111 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:57 pm

Thank you, Mestre Ziming.
Metalslug111
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Daemos » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:21 pm

Mestre Ziming wrote:
· wh¡teShådow · wrote:

technically the mod was by me, i found that place like others.
Good pics that you made whiteshadow.

lol! You killed me.

Let's get technical then? Well, technically, we all 3 could say the mod was by ourselves, since we all made it. Whether it was with indication or not, that doesn't matter. What matters is who made the mod for himself, and who took the screenshots. LanDC made his mod, I made my mod, and you made your mod.

:D
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mestre Ziming » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:09 am

I understand what you mean, i only say that to shown LanDC that it was only him that found that place. But the important isn't who found but that the place was found. :D
Mestre Ziming

Postby LanDC » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:32 am

Anyway, anyone up for seeing Ren arm Wrestle Ryo? Yeeeah I though so! I'm about to start stuff for a S2 mod section now. Some nice voice editing i've done too. I have a feeling I can make a lot of different scenes including Ren, since he has a lot of lines.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Daemos » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:42 pm

Alrighty. Since several people asked for a beta of my PVR tool, here it is.

PVR Dissector BETA2. Please note that this version was never meant for release, and so it's buggy as hell.

Supported file types are: PVR, GZ, SPR, PKF, MT5, MT6, MT7, BIN.

Enjoy. 8)

<hr>
While I'm at it, I might as well release another program. This is Mapinfo Patcher, and as the name reads, this very small program can patch MAPINFO.BIN files in just a few seconds. It's just a small utility to save time. :D
Attachments
pvrdis-b2-1.0.1.173.zip
(350.47 KiB) Downloaded 1743 times
mpipatch-1.0.1.14.zip
(27.73 KiB) Downloaded 1510 times
Last edited by Daemos on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jeff » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:34 am

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a video available to download of the duck races. I never seen it but I dont want to start a new game.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby LanDC » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:50 am

I've made a very interesting and mind boggling discovery tonight.. I was browsing around for some more sound clips for some mod movies I had in mind, and in the information for the part in the Yellow Head Bldg when you have 6 minutes to find the key to the elevator, there is a unused line ment for no other than Lan Di in there! :shock:

There's no doubt about it. Lan Di's file name is SRY, and there is a line of SRY saying "So you are Yuanda Zhu.". It's a strange choice of a place for this line to be, and even more strange, It's only on the XBOX version.
UNFORTUNATLY, Where the sound clip is supposed to be is nothing but silence. This was a very big let down because I really wanted to hear him saying it.
Here is a image of the scene file opened in a hex editor.

Note: I made a complete topic about this. I thought it should have it's own topic because it's pretty neat! Check it out here..
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~shenmuedojo/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12016
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Daemos » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:33 pm

That's odd. But then again, remember that old shot of S2 with Lan Di indoors? Maybe it was then. That wouldn't explain why it's only on the Xbox version though. Weird.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:08 am

Or remember on the credits for Shenmue the Movie, where it showed various SII clips, and Lan Di was off the helicopter and standing on the roof? Maybe it was used there.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II