Is Peter Andre in the charts or something???

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Mystere » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:19 am

Yep. ^ I honestly don't watch TV anymore. Everytime I eat, my sister has some crappy, god-awful, brain killing reality show on. At the moment it's some stupid reality dating show that gets its kicks out of watching people being dumped on camera. And until recently it was the camp fest that was The Salon. I swear I could NOT sit there and listen to stupid blondes talking the most complete bullshit I had ever heard, for a whole 30 minutes... I really did have to eat somewhere else sometimes.

Before The Salon it was Big Brother, which was even worse. I used to comment that if you're going to watch people waving blowdryers, you may as well "go and watch the toilet" for entertainment...

I can't stand the bloody stuff.. :x
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DaMulder » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:16 am

^ AMEN!
DaMulder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Kerbal Space Program

Postby Silas » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:08 am

Did any of you guys see Channel 4's "Greatest TV Moments of 2003" at the end of last year? Segment after segment just promoted some trashy thing that had happened to trashy people (Wife Swap, Big Brother, etc) in trashy reality shows, until when about three of these useless wastes of time and space had come on the screen in a row, I just shouted at the TV, "Please, please, Channel 4, just STOP!" and turned over. I was realising that I am now living in a world of crap TV, which having grown up with the best TV in the world was a bit of a shocking realisation.

I remember seeing my first episode of The West Wing, and afterwards, with my jaw having dropped, I sat there and thought, "My god, the AMERICANS are now making better TV than we do." And that has not changed since.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:13 am

You want to see a god awful reality tv show? Check out mad mad house on sci-fi. >_<
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Beck » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:22 am

I dont see how people can enjoy Reality TV, your just watching people eat, sleep and shit. I might aswell walk around and film my daily life with a camera and send it off to channel 4, i bet someone would actually watch it.

I'm just thankful i have sky, at least there are SOME decent channels i enjoy watching...
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby DaMulder » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:18 pm

Oh yeah... I miss having a digital box... So many channels and 3 of them would show documentaries all day! Man, I learned more in this one year of watching discovery channel than I learned in 5 years of secondary school!

And yes, you could film yourself and someone would pay to broadcast it. I am completely sure that this show already exists in some country ("send in a tape of yourself and we will make you a star!" or some shit like that)

Phil
DaMulder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby QWERTY » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:54 pm

I must agree with Silas that the Americans are now making better TV (for once!).Has anyone seen OZ made by HBO,sometimes on channel 4.Its a prison drama and it rules!

QWERTY has received a thanks from: TEEPO™
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Silas » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:59 am

Oz, The West Wing, Six Feet Under, 24. IMV the nearest we Brits came to stuff of this quality was Cold Feet (which I never watched but am reliably informed was good stuff) and possibly Spooks. And don't give me any of that Footballers Wives or Bad Girls crap!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:22 am

Cold Feet and Spooks had a pretentious, sort of self aware air about them like the producers KNEW they were supposedly better than the other shite around on TV at the moment though. And even though they were better, they were still crap.

Oz is/was great, I've not seen it for ages. Six Feet Under is on tonight at about 11pm I think, and is followed by NYPD Blue which is also pretty good.

So yeah, the Americans are kicking our arses when it comes to TV just now...HBO is total class.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby - » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:40 pm

i saw his 'greatest hits# album 2 day

i only thought he brought out 2 singles
-
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:10 pm

Heres Peter Andres latest attempt at getting famous
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby DaMulder » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:07 am

^ LMAO !!! :lol:

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Cold Feet and Spooks had a pretentious, sort of self aware air about them like the producers KNEW they were supposedly better than the other shite around on TV at the moment though. And even though they were better, they were still crap.

Oz is/was great, I've not seen it for ages. Six Feet Under is on tonight at about 11pm I think, and is followed by NYPD Blue which is also pretty good.

So yeah, the Americans are kicking our arses when it comes to TV just now...HBO is total class.

First of all I must make this clear: Spooks is fucking awesome! (the exclamation mark is emphasized)

Apart from that British TV is in a deep coma of idiocy. And it's true, the Americans finally make some high quality TV (even mid-profile shows like "Ed" have become more entertaining than British TV.) And let's not forget about "Scrubs" which has become unbelievably deep and is still funny as hell in it's third season (no idea when that will air in UK though).

Well, as soon as people stop watching because they get bored they have to improve TV anyway. Let's hope that happens in the near future though...

Phil
DaMulder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby GP 68-99-08 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:54 am

cyclonus wrote:i guess the less said about peter andre the better

agreed. why the hell has this topic spanned four pages :shock: :? :lol:
GP 68-99-08
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss