A new glitch discovered in Shenmue II!

(Chapters 3-6)

Postby Terra Ryzing » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:10 pm

Just got the trick down. Did it at the Golden Quarter. Meh, Sokay.
Terra Ryzing
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LanDC » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:31 am

This trick continues to prove useful! You can even walk around on the other side of the Golden Qr in using it!

In the road.

Close-up of the Grand Hotel.

A little hidden store down the alley right of the Grand Hotel. Of course, you can't enter it.

What you'll need to do is go to the Golden Qr and perform the trick somewhere (I suggest at the entrance of Moon Cafe). Then, go up the stairs to the Lucky Charm Qr and "enter" it while still invisible. Once you get past the loading point, press B and go back into normal mode. Once you've done that, and have entered the Lucky Charm Qr, go left until the land eventually disappears. From there, turn around and start doing the snail walk in the air towards the direction of the GQ's road until you eventually reach the land again (don't worry, Ryo will fall back to ground level), which will take you to the sidewalk past the barrier near the Pine Game Arcade. Once Ryo's feet hit the ground, you'll be able to freely run around in the road and explore the other side of the Golden Qr! It will take a few minutes to snail over there, which is probably around 1 or 2 hours in Shenmue time, so be patient. You can get a lot of great new camera angles of the area, especially the Golden Mall, so it's worth it!

If that's too perplexing for your brain, or just don't feel like slowly snailing for minutes, you can download a saving I made already on the other side of the Golden Qr. However, it's only for the Japanese DC version.

Go here for the saving: http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/liste.php?mode=jeu&path=S%2Fshenmue%25202&menu=on
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:40 am

Awesome Lan! I'll have to try that later.
Yesterday I started a new game and messed around with the glitch a bit, went into Fortune's Pier on the first day of the game, and did the part-time job, but Ryo still had his bag, so it was quite funny to watch! It was only about 2pm when I asked to do the job but for some reason it immediately warped to night time when I started and it was 10pm by the time I finished! Also the crates kind of float in the air as Ryo doesn't put them all the way down.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Pearce1991 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:56 am

I attempted the Glitch to become invisible and it worked. I will now try this one and hopefully this will work. Nice find LanDC. You really are a god.
Pearce1991
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 am

very cool find, im nearly finished my current game of shenmue 1 so i will try this at some point ;)

and i think the topic i posted this is was dead so ill ask again just incase.

'rather than start a new topic for something which has probably been asked before, have you guys got the demo of shenmue 2 that was on the official dreamcast mag once???had lots of shots of different areas and the fight between ryo and master baihu had people cheering around the cage.
think it was about 3-4 minutes long??really want this and i cant find any of my DC demo disk'
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby JC 2K3 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:21 pm

That glitch is cool! :D

Pity it takes so long to move in areas you shouldn;'t be in....
JC 2K3
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:39 pm

LanDC wrote:This trick continues to prove useful! You can even walk around on the other side of the Golden Qr in using it!

If that's too perplexing for your brain, or just don't feel like slowly snailing for minutes, you can download a saving I made already on the other side of the Golden Qr. However, it's only for the Japanese DC version.

Go here for the saving: http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/liste.php?mode=jeu&path=S%2Fshenmue%25202&menu=on

Thank you LanDC for the save!! I really appreciate your making this possible. :D
I've always wanted to go to the other side of the street. It's really cool to explore
there. The Grand Hotel looks really awesome! My Ryo snailed to the entrance and
broke into the "lobby," but surprisingly, it looks like another shop like this! :lol:

View from the Hotel "lobby."

BTW, I just realized there're lots of signs like this along the street.

The Kanji for "Yue" is the same as "Yu" of "Yu Suzuki!" Another Easter egg, eh? ;)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Jacob Marley » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:29 pm

This is really awesome stuff!
I'll have to dust off my DC Shenmue II and give it a go! :)
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:31 pm

Damn, I wish I still had my copy instead of leaving it with my brother back home. :(
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:44 pm

I got the glitch working; it's awesome! Can't wait to explore the Grand Hotel and stuff, but I can't seem to inch my way forward through the invisible walls... should I just keep pressing up rapidly, or am I doing something wrong?
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Gongjue » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:07 pm

does this work on both dc, and xbox?
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:36 am

Captain K Prime wrote:I got the glitch working; it's awesome! Can't wait to explore the Grand Hotel and stuff, but I can't seem to inch my way forward through the invisible walls... should I just keep pressing up rapidly, or am I doing something wrong?

It seems you need to learn the "snail walk" first to explore the unplayable area.

After crossing any loading point as invisible Ryo, you'll find he can't proceed any further.
Then, press "B" button to retrieve visible Ryo. There, you can't make him run any more.
When you tap the direction key forward, you should see he moves half a step forward.
Every time you tap the key, he proceeds like that. So, keep tapping to make him walk little
by little. It may be irritating, but you need to be really patient. Good luck! :)

xdjoynerx wrote:does this work on both dc, and xbox?

LanDC said it works on both.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Ziming » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 am

This has me wondering, is there any other console game out there that been dissected as much as Shenmue? :lol:
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby rhubarb505 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:49 pm

wow, GREAT find lanDC
rhubarb505
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Supa » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:58 pm

xdjoynerx wrote:does this work on both dc, and xbox?

Yes.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue II