Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: soccer

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm

The stadium erupting after Aguero scored was incredible.Never before have I seen anything like it.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby PirateMuffins » Mon May 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Thing is City looked dead and buried before we even got to the last ten minutes, they were playing against a team which parked the bus (must like Barca-Chelsea) and were simply struggling to find a way through and had run out of ideas, they didn't look like getting even one goal, never mind two in the last two/three minutes which is what made it so incredible.

I honestly cannot imagine what it would have been like to be a City/United fan yesterday, 91st minute, 2-1 down, game over, on the other hand you have United fans ready to celebrate, what unfolded after that 91st minute though was mental.

Also, Martin Tyler's commentary for Aguero's goal was superb, still playing in my head.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 15, 2012 7:50 am

What a twat

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 am

England squad for Euro 2012:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Standby players: Jack Butland (Birmingham City), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea).
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 am

Downing and Defoe? ok...

Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed May 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Dalglish sacked by Liverpool
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu May 17, 2012 3:18 am

Roberto Martinez, Villas-Boas and Benítez in contention, apparently.

Would we see a rift with Gerrard and Carragher if AVB was in? Was the phasing out at Chelsea more his responsibility or orders from upstairs?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu May 17, 2012 3:25 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Roberto Martinez, Villas-Boas and Benítez in contention, apparently.

Would we see a rift with Gerrard and Carragher if AVB was in? Was the phasing out at Chelsea more his responsibility or orders from upstairs?

That was on orders of the owner but not just because they are old but getting the most money.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby PirateMuffins » Thu May 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Not surprised to see Dalgish get the sack, lost all respect for him anyway when he let Suarez drag the club's name through the mud, in regards to the managerial vacancy let's not forget this aswell:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/04/fabio-capello-premier-league-england

I havn't seen his name pop up so far but who knows...
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby PirateMuffins » Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Most undeserved Champions League win i've ever seen, people can make all the excuses they want for using negative tactics against the best attacking side on the planet, but doing the exact same bloody thing against the second best team in Germany? Lame as hell.

The utter bias from the commentators aswell..at one point Tyler & Neville pointed out that the one sided atmosphere was due to Bayern playing in their home stadium, um, guys, you do realise there's the same number of Chelsea & Bayern fans in there?? :lol:
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tuffty » Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Keane and Scholes, in suits, stayed in the stands directly after the FT whistle in the 99 CL Final. Terry runs out onto the pitch wearing a kit.

I hate football right now. A club like Chelski full of overpaid, oversexed, overprivileged, undereducated ego-stroked cunts playing negative football like that after Bayern were all over them for the game making it to the final and then winning it? Hate it.

And now I see Terry is the first one to lift the trophy too. You utter, utter cunt.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby PirateMuffins » Sun May 20, 2012 3:24 am

Yeah, i don't know why UEFA even allowed it, disgraceful.

Crapped on by Napoli, crapped on by Barca, crapped on by Bayern, 6th in the league, European Champions :lol:
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun May 20, 2012 3:36 am

And Spurs season is fucked already due to the stupid rules. Chelsea deserved to be in the CL by finishing top 4, they then somehow fluked their way to win it but that IMO does not mean they deserve to be in next years at the exspense of Spurs just like Everton should not have suffered when Liverpool won a few years back.

And Terry lifting it was a bad joke, not only did he miss the game for being sent off for a knee to the back but his also awaiting trial over racist comments.

And yes Tyler needs to learn to be un biased. Hell Sky do full stop! Before the CL was the play off final between blackpool and west ham. Sky could not have made it any more clear that they wanted WH to win.
I wish you culd watch football games with the commentators turned off.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Absentia » Sun May 20, 2012 4:44 am

PirateMuffins wrote:Crapped on by Napoli, crapped on by Barca, crapped on by Bayern, 6th in the league, European Champions :lol:

And don't forget Benfica as well...
I'd never seen a team winning so many rounds without deserving anyone of them.
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tuffty » Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am

Well, as much as I hate it, at least it does make the CL unpredictable. Winning the league is tough and requires a lot of concentration, but could we win the CL by playing Europe's best over a number of games? Sure, why not?

It wasn't just Sky who were biased believe me. ITV was shocking. And on the whole stadium debacle as well, that's been going on in England since the final was confirmed. It's like they had that excuse all lined up and ready to go should Chelski lose cause God knows the English need an excuse. Funny how I didn't hear these people complain when Utd played Barca at Wembley.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic