Say Hello to Mr. Yukawa at Takara Sushi!!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:They must have forgotten about this section of the game when translating it to english.

Actually, Japanese voices for this scene were taken from "What's Shenmue" demo and reused.
As there's no English voice for the demo, they didn't have proper lines to use for this scene.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 am

you're amazing
Joey Bassist Dude
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ryo's Room » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:52 am

:lol:
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VGAce » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:25 pm

I think they intentionally used the Japanese dialogue from What's Shenmue? because the easter egg itself is a reference to it, that's all.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:02 pm

VGAce wrote:I think they intentionally used the Japanese dialogue from What's Shenmue? because the easter egg itself is a reference to it, that's all.

My guess is that this "Easter egg" scene was a random idea of some naughty developer
at the last minute. So, they didn't bother to ask Yukawa-senmu to come over to a studio
to record his voice for this tiny scene only. ;)
Last edited by Kiyuu on Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Blade Runner » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:30 pm

It was all over too quickly. Took me bloody ages aswell to get both his figures.
Blade Runner
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby VGAce » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:35 am

I wish there were more scenes like this hidden around the game. Does anyone remember Sonic Adventure 2 where, in every level, the developers hid Big the Cat from SA1? You could never speak to him because he was always hiding in an out-of-reach location, but you could see him. It would be funny if they did this with Mr. Yukawa, if certain conditions were met.

"Look, Mr. Yukawa is swimming in the ocean at the harbor!"

"Look, Mr. Yukawa just drove by in a forklift!"

"Look, Mr. Yukawa is talking to that prostitute in the red light district of Dobuita!"

VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:37 am

VGAce wrote:It would be funny if they did this with Mr. Yukawa, if certain conditions were met.

"Look, Mr. Yukawa is swimming in the ocean at the harbor!"

"Look, Mr. Yukawa just drove by in a forklift!"

"Look, Mr. Yukawa is talking to that prostitute in the red light district of Dobuita!"

Haha... that would be funny. There's no real prostitute in Dobuita, though... ;)

This reminded me of something. I've captured another scene of Mr. Yukawa in the game,
having a drink at Bar Yokosuka as I said.

Image Image

Actually, I captured the scene one year ago, but I refrained from bumping this topic then.
But, now that the topic has been revived, I've decided to upload the video on FilePlanet.

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... wa_bar.wmv

I hope you'll enjoy it! :D
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:29 pm

VGAce wrote:I wish there were more scenes like this hidden around the game. Does anyone remember Sonic Adventure 2 where, in every level, the developers hid Big the Cat from SA1?

Haha yes, I loved that :D
Shame they got rid of him from the Gamecube version...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Say Hello to Mr. Yukawa at Takara Sushi!!

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 am

I really don't want to bump this ages old topic but it's the best place to ask... I do apologize in advance in case someone is annoyed by the bump.

I'm currently trying to meet Yukawa in the Japanese version of the game. I easily succeded in meeting him at the Restaurant but I couldn't trigger him to appear in the Yokosuka Bar. I actually restarted the game and got the figures again (ugh) because on my first run I was already on the 3rd disc, when I finally reached the 9th of January.
There I tried to get him to appear in the Bar the day after the second meeting with Nozomi in Sakuragaoka Park. But he wasn't there.

Now I'm at the day after Nozomi called Ryo out on the phone, it's past 11 and I go to the Yokosuka Bar with both figures of him but he isn't there... What's wrong here?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:32 am

SpinDash wrote:Now I'm at the day after Nozomi called Ryo out on the phone, it's past 11 and I go to the Yokosuka Bar with both figures of him but he isn't there... What's wrong here?

You can meet Mr. Yukawa in the bar on the next day after the "Nozomi's Confession" at the park. And, that will not happen on Disc one. Good luck!

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 am

Kiyuu wrote:
SpinDash wrote:Now I'm at the day after Nozomi called Ryo out on the phone, it's past 11 and I go to the Yokosuka Bar with both figures of him but he isn't there... What's wrong here?

You can meet Mr. Yukawa in the bar on the next day after the "Nozomi's Confession" at the park. And, that will not happen on Disc one. Good luck!

the shenmue dojo youtube page does not have any footage of Yukawa at bar yokosuka, but another user called reignD has uploaded a video of him from the japanese version, this user see's yukawa while doing the 'meeting your friends at home' side quest.

if anyone is interested then here it is - go to 0:53 seconds:
phpBB [video]

johnvivant has received a thanks from: BlueMue
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:23 am

@johnvivant: Thanks for the video! At least I can still try to see him in that scene. At least I hope so.

@Kiyuu: I'm at that very day, that's what I meant to say. The day automatically ends after the scene with Nozomi so it has to be the next day anyway. But I'm confused. NOT on Disc 1? But the Nozomi scene can only happen on that disc, after you've translated the letter. Wait! Does that mean you have to quickly get to the harbor the same day and then go into the Bar that night?

If I undestand this correctly now, you can spot him during the first step of the "friends come over" scene and then if you go into the Yokosuka Bar again after 11 pm once more. But only if you go to the harbor the same day you translate the letter?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:17 pm

SpinDash wrote:@Kiyuu: I'm at that very day, that's what I meant to say. The day automatically ends after the scene with Nozomi so it has to be the next day anyway. But I'm confused. NOT on Disc 1? But the Nozomi scene can only happen on that disc, after you've translated the letter. Wait! Does that mean you have to quickly get to the harbor the same day and then go into the Bar that night?

If I undestand this correctly now, you can spot him during the first step of the "friends come over" scene and then if you go into the Yokosuka Bar again after 11 pm once more. But only if you go to the harbor the same day you translate the letter?

"Nozomi's confession" can be triggered on Disc 2 all right. Now I don't remember how I did it exactly, but you don't need to rush like that. Why don't you go to the harbor and come back without entering the Warehouse No. 8? Then, wait for the call from Nozomi and enjoy the date. It's fun to see Goro helping you sneak into the Warehouse when you go back to the harbor on the next day. Then, come back without trying to sneak into the Old Warehouse No. 8, and go to the Bar after 11 pm. I hope this will work.

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Thank you so much! I will try that out soon! Even though I will have to get the Yukawa figures a third time then.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue