GoldenEye 2 announced...

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Neo-Ryo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:26 am

FoxHound wrote:EA is just slapping the Goldeneye name on this new game in hopes that it leeches off the original and sells well. I don't have much hope for it being any good because ever since EA took over the James Bond license they have pumped out craptacular James Bond games after craptacular James Bond games without stop.

I would love for Microsoft to buy the James Bond license off EA so that Rareware could do a true sequel to Goldeneye 007.

I have a xbox demo of everything or nothing and i think its the best james bond game yet co-op is fun too.
Neo-Ryo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby QWERTY » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:52 pm

Foxhound made a good point about giving the license to Rare.Although the developers that created Goldeneye for Rare have since moved on and formed Free Radical,thats why Timesplitters is so much like Goldeneye.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: TEEPO™
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby asnozz » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:55 pm

well it will be made by EA... so it will never compare to the original
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz

Postby b_ren » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:44 pm

I don't think it will be succesful as the origanal. I looooooooved the Goldeneye on N64.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FoxHound » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:28 pm

SONIC-BLUE wrote:Alot of the guys who developed Goldeneye are no longer at rare anyway they went to do Timesplitters and Rare is crap anymore just rehashers and spewing garbage like grabbed by the gonads.

Star fox adventures was good but still showed off that Rare was starting to get lazy (like it did with Donkey Kong 64...ugh what crap)

No wonder Nintendo sold them off they are no longer a great developer they are just average at best anymore and still do thier infamous delays.

I used to be the biggest fan of Rareware.

No offence, but I think that the only one spewing garbage here is you. Every developer has their share of not-so-great-games (your beloved Nintendo included). The fact of the matter is that people act surprised about Rareware as if they just out of the blue, for the very first time, started releasing games that are not up to the quality they usually deliver. Rareware has had its share of bad games long before they broke off from Nintendo and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply kidding themselves. For every Goldeneye and Donkey Kong Country that Rareware created there was a Mikey's Speedway USA and a Donkey Kong Country 64. Always has been that way.

I also don't see how you can call Rareware average at best when they have only had a chance to release two games this generations. If they released several projects this generation that sucked, then I would agree with you.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:49 pm

Why did I know you were going to quote me.

Rare sucks anymore.

Thats my IMO so don't attack.

Lets not let this develop into a flaming topic again just because I hate rare now and can post my own opinion.

Don't be quoting me just because I voice an opinion and how Rare sucks anymore.

Face it You can't stand the fact that I dislike what rare has put out as of late.

Just leave it at that I disagree with you you disagree with me.....

So what.
To me Rare sucks major.
To you they put out games you enjoy.

Fuck..... :roll:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby rens of heavens » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:46 am

So whats the story to this game 006 did die in the end of the game. So how can they make a Goldeneye 2?
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ro bee bee » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:09 pm

Goldeneye is up there with Mariokart as the best multiplayer game ever, in my experience of video games.

EA used to be quality but I really hate the way they are just blatantly stealing the name to get more sales.

It is just gonna be another Nightfire (or whatever they call em now) with a story in no way related to Goldeneye.
Ro bee bee
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FoxHound » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:05 pm

SONIC-BLUE wrote:Why did I know you were going to quote me.

Because you know that every time I read something I disagree with you I reply to it?

Rare sucks anymore.

Thats my IMO so don't attack.

Oh so everytime someone disagrees with you, it is considered an attack?

Note to self: Don't show disagreement with anyone. They might not like it :roll:.

Don't be quoting me just because I voice an opinion and how Rare sucks anymore.

I can quote and disagree with ANYONE I please. Don't like it? Tough. I have just as much of a right to voice my opinion, whether it is disagreeing with yours or not, as you do of voicing yours.

Face it You can't stand the fact that I dislike what rare has put out as of late.

Note to self: He's on to me! Better put my life-long mission of making SONIC-BLUE love Rareware on hold for the time being :lol:.

Get over yourself.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Stevie » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:00 pm

I don't know about this game, but I'm looking foreward to
Everything or Nothing.
Stevie
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to General Gaming