Things that pissed you off

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things that pissed you off

Postby KiBa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 pm

The massacre today... Oh, my God.

KiBa has received 4 thanks from: Bluecast, Brothaman, Sailors?, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like more mentally deranged people are causing shooting spree's lately? Like the past couple of years, with the guy that shot Gabby Giffords, Colorado movie theater shooter, this guy. What is up with that? I'm still pro 2nd amendment, as most gun usage, about 80% actually stops or prevents crimes, but how about a law that if you have documented mental issues, you can't have a firearm?
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

Jeff wrote: Is it just me or does it seem like more mentally deranged people are causing shooting spree's lately? Like the past couple of years, with the guy that shot Gabby Giffords, Colorado movie theater shooter, this guy. What is up with that? I'm still pro 2nd amendment, as most gun usage, about 80% actually stops or prevents crimes, but how about a law that if you have documented mental issues, you can't have a firearm?

Many schools and programs helping the mentally disturbed have been losing funding and/or shut down.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby redline » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:09 am

i blame the mother. she must of known her son had a mental illness & allowing him to have access to guns was irresponsible.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 am

This massacre happened on the opening day of The Hobbit; the Aurora, Colorado movie theater massacre was on the opening day of The Dark Knight Rises. Both killers were in their 20's, no criminal history, academically accomplished, from well-off, yet distant, families, loners, and drugged, with a history of mental illness.

And on this very same day, in Chengping, Henan, China, a guy broke into a school with a knife, injuring 22 children and one elderly woman. Same day. Two random attacks on children in school, opposite hemispheres.

What kind of a day out of Hell was December 14th, 2012?

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Sailors?
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:15 am

I think we tend to forget that extreme violence like this has always existed. Since we have the media now, all these incidents seem connected to eachother instead of just a series of isolated incidents. I honestly believe if we didn't glorify these stories and feature them 24 hours a day, we wouldn't have major incidents like this as often. They need to just localize the story and make it as boring as possible in the newspaper and tv coverage.

Yokosuka Martian has received 2 thanks from: Brothaman, redline
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby redline » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:03 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote: I honestly believe if we didn't glorify these stories and feature them 24 hours a day, we wouldn't have major incidents like this as often.

i been saying that for years. its clearly common sense.. but i guess happy news doesn't sell newspapers
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sailors? » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Wayne LaPierre.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Last minute christmas shopping.Guy with electronic wheel chair ran into me.Made a cut on my ankle that bled a bit,crowded mall,people who walk ridiculously slow even with more than enough space because they must mess around with their phone,guy (the one who had more than enough room to walk above) started throwing a fit because he claimed I stepped on his super duper shoes on purpose.Told him to fuck off cause I was not in the mood for some childish shit.

Fuck today.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:12 am

Alex Ferguson ranting after drawing with Swansea, then bitching about how Van Persie "could have been killed" :roll: after being hit on the head with a football. He seemed pretty OK, what with jumping up and grabbing the guy by the throat and all that.

Why won't that cunt just shut up? It makes me ashamed that that bitter wanker is also Scottish. :(

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Strikeout
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Strikeout » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:29 am

premier league is full of idiots like him, i mean wtf SIR alex ferguson ?? :shock: :roll:

Strikeout has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Strikeout
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 am

Actually a blow that hard to the back of the head could have killed him.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Sonikku » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Jeff wrote: Is it just me or does it seem like more mentally deranged people are causing shooting spree's lately? Like the past couple of years, with the guy that shot Gabby Giffords, Colorado movie theater shooter, this guy. What is up with that? I'm still pro 2nd amendment, as most gun usage, about 80% actually stops or prevents crimes, but how about a law that if you have documented mental issues, you can't have a firearm?

Many schools and programs helping the mentally disturbed have been losing funding and/or shut down.

That's been going on since the 80's. As far back as the Reagan administration, mentally ill patients were just tossed out on the streets and left to their devices. I suppose it's irony he was shot by a mentally unstable individual.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiBa » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:49 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cswfb7P6EJ8[/youtube]

I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that the Indian Prime Minister has called for a committee to discuss ways in which his government might deal with absurdly violent crime!

Old solution:

Take up the White Man's burden--
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness,
On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new-caught, sullen peoples,
Half-devil and half-child.

But the white gods are monstrous incompetent barbarians too. Ergo,

New solution:

With all my might, I cannot reason to anything better. Suggestions?

KiBa has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:01 pm

KiBa, you're a treasure. Don't ever change.

And as a matter of fact, even today I found myself reading this

Slow slicing (Lingchi) also translated as the slow process, the lingering death, or death by a thousand cuts (simplified Chinese: 杀千刀, was a form of torture and execution used in China from roughly AD 900 until its abolition in 1905. In this form of execution, the condemned person was killed by using a knife to methodically remove portions of the body over an extended period of time.
The process involved tying the person to be executed to a wooden frame, usually in a public place. The flesh was then cut from the body in multiple slices in a process that was not specified in detail in Chinese law and therefore most likely varied. In later times, opium was sometimes administered either as an act of mercy or as a way of preventing fainting. The punishment worked on three levels: as a form of public humiliation, as a slow and lingering death, and as a punishment after death.

How's that?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic