What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:01 am

My main issue with gaming right now is simply to much content is locked/held back for DLC and to add to that now you get all this store exclusive crap. We are expected to pay the same price for less content and at the same time we keep hearing publishers bitch about used sales when they are ripping off new buyers left right and centre.

Yes in some ways this gaming has gone stale but i do blame some of that on the length of this gen and the devs. Not many will try new IP's this late in but then most of the one that do get burned because gamers seem to stay away from new IPs now days bar a small few and just stick to the yearly releases.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Thief » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 am

Today I decided to actually play through the demo of Resident Evil 6... even though I really haven't been a fan since 4 (well I didn't really like zero either but whatever).

Nothing happened in Leon's. I walked through some rooms and I think there were zombies. Chris' starts off with the lamest patriotic speech that should be just before the climax of a really bad action movie, and zombies now have guns. Fuck the acid spitting jackasses from Jake's storyline and - I don't know - I can't remember anything else about Jake's Campaign.

That's all that stuck out to me.

Thief has received a thanks from: Dorian
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:44 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: My main issue with gaming right now is simply to much content is locked/held back for DLC and to add to that now you get all this store exclusive crap. We are expected to pay the same price for less content and at the same time we keep hearing publishers bitch about used sales when they are ripping off new buyers left right and centre.

Yes in some ways this gaming has gone stale but i do blame some of that on the length of this gen and the devs. Not many will try new IP's this late in but then most of the one that do get burned because gamers seem to stay away from new IPs now days bar a small few and just stick to the yearly releases.

I certainly agree on DLC. What a developer is telling a consumer when they announce paid DLC is that their disc is worth shit. Not gunna sugarcoat it I'm going to do DLC, but it'll be free so long as I can help it (Bastion's DLC is free on all platforms except 360 because MS forced them to charge)

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Yukupo
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:34 am

Its effecting my game buying now and the reason I've not got Max Payne 3 yet is because R* announced lots of planned DLC before the game even went on sale. Other games as well i end up saying screw it ill just wait for the GOTY or till its a lot cheaper.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 am

Despite the fact that I absolutely love Borderlands I won't be buying it for a while for the same reason.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:59 am

Bastards even do it with XBLA games. Fire Pro Wrestling is out today for 800MSP but they have day 1 DLC worth 400MSP to get 12 'new' matches, 20 new wrestlers, a set of new moves and costumes.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am

No, no, no, no, youz have got it all wrong. The industry's biggest problem, that thing that it's missing is REAL FUCKING STEALTH GAMES. I still feel cheated about bein tricked into buyin Assassin's Creed coz it was billed as a stealth game (despite lovin it)

The only time I wanna feel invincible in a game is when I'm Batman, Duke Nukem, or Sonic after just poppin the relevant pod/TV. And quit it with the constant checkpoints, I want a sense of peril when playin games, not "oh well, I'll just reload from my checkpoint five seconds back", they're makin games too easy so there's relatively little challenge anymore (also one of the main reasons online gaming has taken over this gen)

I'm playin Deus Ex: HR right now on Give Me Deus Ex, and it's just too easy. I've won every trophy and award possible on FM 2012 for the last two seasons runnin. I only ever died on RDR by accidentally jumpin off a cliff or goin too far into water. They're just too much of a breeze.

I remember gettin frustrated as fuck on the final level on Sonic 1 for the MS, no rings, three lives, one hit and I'm dead, no saves. It was tense as fuck, and you'd have to keep it turned on overnight if you want another crack at it. That shit was challengin. Nowadays, the only ones that do pose any sort of challenge are either too unappealing or absolute shite. They need to take that same shit and inject it into games that people actually give a damn about.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Yukupo
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Poetry in Motion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 am

Just got back from town with my copy of PES, I'm going to go all out and say no FIFA yet....forking out £40 for a tinker here and there for 13, not me.
Poetry in Motion
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: chappers2009
Steam: chaperman12
Currently playing: FIFA 14 NEXT GEN

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:53 am

The fuck FRASIER? Pro Evo's wank nowadays, did you not play the demo? I'm majorly disappointed with you...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Poetry in Motion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 am

shut it! put the two together, look at EA's half arsed attempt to cover up a lazy upgrade, nobody wants to use all these new social features when playing football, upload this, create that and Ultimate over there! PES has always focused on the key aspects, like the way its played, I can see more fixes on PES than I can FIFA, I can see more desire to do good on PES than FIFA. Yes yes its maybe because PES is so far behind that any update will still be seen as disappointing compared to its rival but for me I love it, so do the critics.
Poetry in Motion
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:05 am

Have you tried the 2nd demo? All reviews are saying its as good as Fifa 13.

As for Stealth get Mark Of The Ninja from XBLA.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:07 am

FIFA's so good that it doesn't really need much doin to it. I'd love to be able to say it was the other way about, coz I used to be a Pro Evo head, but FIFA's undeniably the better of the two by miles. I can actually put it quite simply... FIFA feels like football, Pro Evo just feels like a football game.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Poetry in Motion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:09 am

well KONAMI have said that a new studio has been announced for London for next years installment, do believe the reason for EA's play it safe FIFA 13 is they have something up their sleeve for next gen!
Poetry in Motion
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:13 am

All sports games should release a game ever 2-3 years, do shitloads of DLC for peeps who wanna keep up to date n shit, and leave enough time to make vast improvements per game. In an ideal world.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Spokane
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 pm

JSRHD and VF5FS. I can't get enough of these bitches. SEGA Siempre Viva.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming