Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue 3?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue 3?

Postby Paul » Sun May 04, 2003 10:21 am

OK, it's been rumoured that Microsoft are working on a Nintendo-beating handheld whith Gamecube-GBA style link up features. My question is would you like to see shenmue 3 use these features and how wolud you like to see them used? I would love to be able to download all the arcade games and stuff, and maybe a mini game where you can win extra characters. Any Ideas?
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue

Postby Louis » Sun May 04, 2003 12:49 pm

Paul wrote:OK, it's been rumoured that Microsoft are working on a Nintendo-beating handheld whith Gamecube-GBA style link up features. My question is would you like to see shenmue 3 use these features and how wolud you like to see them used? I would love to be able to download all the arcade games and stuff, and maybe a mini game where you can win extra characters. Any Ideas?

doubt it, shenmue never took advantage of the VMU, even though the cat in shenmue I was orginally planned on being downloadable and a tamagotchi style thing
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Sun May 04, 2003 1:20 pm

my thoughts exactly.
Attachments
md1.jpg
(95.12 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Last edited by Daemos on Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Andy » Sun May 04, 2003 2:52 pm

I heard M$ has plans for a portable Xbox by 2006... madness, madness I say! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! INSANITY!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MADNESS I SAY!!!!!

all right, I'm done... but you must admit that's crazy! :)
Andy
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Louis » Sun May 04, 2003 3:25 pm

a portable xbox would own, and btw i dont give a fuxor if ms are moneygrabbing bitches, they make the best console becuase of it
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Paul » Mon May 05, 2003 11:25 am

Andy wrote:I heard M$ has plans for a portable Xbox by 2006... madness, madness I say! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! INSANITY!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MADNESS I SAY!!!!!

all right, I'm done... but you must admit that's crazy! :)

2006... hmm. Shenmue 5 then! I heard something was expected at e3... it's these rumors innit!
Anyway, just because shenmue 1 didn't have VM features in it why should the whole series follow the same trend?! You couldn't gamble in shenmue 1, you couldn't play any of the mini-games whenever you wanted but did that stop it happening in shenmue 2?
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TEEPO™ » Mon May 05, 2003 12:47 pm

Personally, I love the idea of downloading Shenmue stuff into a handheld system, but I really doubt. Then again, anything is possible. I would love a feature that lets you train Ryo on the handheld system. Just think about it, training up Ryo's move while travelling on a train or bus.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Paul » Mon May 05, 2003 1:14 pm

Hell yeah. I it's more possible than some people say for the following reasons -
1) Microsoft would like a game to show off it's new handheld with, and most x-box games are, great as they are, straight forward action games. Shenmue is not, and already has mini-games etc, making it an obvious choice.

2) We all love shenmue, but unfortunately we seem to be the minority, so sega need a gimic to help shift shenmue 3. It fit's!
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Louis » Mon May 05, 2003 2:43 pm

im sure microsoft will proceed into concoring the handheld market as soon as they finish winning the console one
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue

Postby Forklift#5 » Mon May 05, 2003 7:55 pm

Paul wrote:OK, it's been rumoured that Microsoft are working on a Nintendo-beating handheld whith Gamecube-GBA style link up features. My question is would you like to see shenmue 3 use these features and how wolud you like to see them used? I would love to be able to download all the arcade games and stuff, and maybe a mini game where you can win extra characters. Any Ideas?

I would like to see it used, but mainly to master moves, get special items, and unlocking new and playing old mini games
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gutcruncher » Mon May 05, 2003 8:28 pm

I would like if it would put minigames on the handheld thing that when you win, you get a capsule toy
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue May 06, 2003 5:04 pm

No game really did ever take advantage of the VMU anyway, but they have a new hook up screen for the xbox that doesnt require the tv hook ups which im going to get and bring it into school, all i need is an empty plug and im all set.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Daemos » Sat May 10, 2003 1:03 pm

That would look cool. Except if someone stole you the thing, along with your xbox...
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Louis » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:00 pm

did any one uncover the precise details of the cat vmu thing?
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:31 pm

Louis, I don't mean to be rude, but stop bumping topics from last may!!
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue III