Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Yama wrote:Great music, battle system, art direction and overall visuals. At the time that alone was enough to impress and as an art major, it still has it's ways of smoothing over the overall package. It's not some historic title to me, but I accept it for what it was.

I wouldn't call the music great, it has its moments but its mostly unmemorable, the compositions are mostly the same as his other works. Aside from Blinded by light, which plays for every battle I can't remember the notes to any other song. there were a few times that I mistook a song in 13 for something from Unlimited SaGa or Sigma Harmonics.

The battle system is a whole other story, its bad and good, but what makes it good is what made 12 and any game that uses an ATB good but whats bad just seems more and more obvious the more I play of each iteration. Just makes you wonder why they didn't prototype and playtest the idea to make sure it worked.

To me it is a historic title, because its one of those things a person can hold up and say "Ya see this?! This is why games were better in the 90s" ;-)

lol sorry I get riled up because 13' is something that affects me personally. So I apologize in advance if it makes me a bit of an idiot.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Gunna leave this here and walk away.

http://www.finalfantasy13game.com/astor ... index.html

Some times I wish that FFXIII had bombed, just so square couldnt be sitting here now talking like they have made so many accomplishments with it, like its not the steaming pile that it truly is. But lets face facts, I bought the game, you bought the game, we all bought the fucking game because we trusted square BY FUCKING DEFAULT now thats fan loyalty but we were betrayed, I guess even square had to turn to the dark side at some point. If FFXIII would have bombed square would have realized that they need change and would have HOPEFULLY gone back to basics and tried extra hard to make something special again.

Anyway, fuck 13 and all its sequels, what do you guys think about that video I posted? New Game? New IP idea at the very least? FF15?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 pm

^Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else didn't.

As for the video you posted it was a tech demo Square released to show off their next graphic engine. It is what they will most likely use on the PS4 and next Xbox. I doubt that the video will actually be of a game they will make.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mue 26 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Yama wrote:Great music, battle system, art direction and overall visuals. At the time that alone was enough to impress and as an art major, it still has it's ways of smoothing over the overall package. It's not some historic title to me, but I accept it for what it was.

I feel the same way about the game. But the last time I brought it up, this forum almost crucified me :lol:

I agree it has it's undeniable faults, and is unusually linear for a FF, but I did appreciate it for what it was. From a visual standpoint the artistry was stunning, and I thought the battle system was superb. I also thought Lightening was pure amazing, and is one of my favourite FF protagonist's!
Last edited by mue 26 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm

And thats why you're not allowed to talk sometimes :lol:

*Plus dorian gave you way more shit for liking it then I did*

Riku Rose wrote:^Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else didn't.

Thats certainly true but with only 1/3rd of the audience buying into the sequel it seems like the majority didn't.
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro Jr. on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: mue 26
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I had way too high standards and was thinking of the epicness of a final fantasy world in full hd, I couldn't wait to get my airship and start exploring that world for all it's little secrets and quests, needless to say when I found out that it wasn't open world at all I was very sad, since then I have very low expectations before going in to a game

south carmain has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Saw this on twitter

oh yeah, what if it's Lightning.... SaGa?!?!?” OH MY GOOOOODDDDD that would be awesome

If that happened I would die, my hearts(all of them) would explode and I would die.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm

I also like 13 and 13-2. Great games imo. Not the best in the series ofcourse but certainly not the worst. I loved the art style, graphics, characters and most of all, battle system. I would welcome an evolution of that system in a heart beat for 15.

Axm has received a thanks from: south carmain
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm

yeah I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy ff13-2, still wasn't what I wished it was but it was fun
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:13 pm

And I'll honestly never understand how people could say either or those things.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Honestly, I dont really care much to talk about FF13 that much. Our views on that have been thrown around this forum like chess pieces, and I am honestly tired of discussing its issues in depth. I still look forward to what square has to offer next time, even though FF is not an automatic pre-order day one purchase for me, as it once was.

Also, no news at all of Type-0? It should have been out a while ago... Damn PSP for dying so early, well no scratch that, damn square for taking to much time to release it. Growlancer might be the last RPG for it to come out.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

what's the big hype about type-o? when I saw trailers it only showed some combat, is there anythinf special about it?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Honestly, I dont really care much to talk about FF13 that much. Our views on that have been thrown around this forum like chess pieces, and I am honestly tired of discussing its issues in depth. I still look forward to what square has to offer next time, even though FF is not an automatic pre-order day one purchase for me, as it once was.

Also, no news at all of Type-0? It should have been out a while ago... Damn PSP for dying so early, well no scratch that, damn square for taking to much time to release it. Growlancer might be the last RPG for it to come out.

Yea so far seems like its not happening. Kingdom Hearts and Theatrythem (another game I don't get) came out after Type-0 and both got translated before it, and considering its one of the only 2 umd games out there (the other being Tits 2) I doubt its coming west despite being one of the better games they've put out since the ps2 days.

south carmain wrote:what's the big hype about type-o? when I saw trailers it only showed some combat, is there anythinf special about it?

If you want to try it theres two demos on the Japanese PSN, I've got an imported copy(well my roommate does) and, well its great. Offers a lot of different play styles, a halfway decent story, and some pretty nice visuals. Its the PSP's Swan song.

Final Fantasy Type-0 Team Already Working On Western Version

wow almost a year now
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/29/fi ... n-version/
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 pm

will do then, is there a world map or is it semi linear like ff13-2?
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 pm

south carmain wrote:will do then, is there a world map or is it semi linear like ff13-2?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv_hi2NjjnM[/youtube]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: south carmain
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming