Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 pm

^They are making an open world game in the era of open world games. They are adding Facebook connectivity to it in an era where you can't take a shit without being asked by Facebook if you want to post about it. The only "new" thing would be the doomsday timer approach if it wasn't for the fact that a mainline Zelda game did it over a decade ago. It doesn't matter it's new for the FF series because what they're doing is taking the most lame and unoriginal way possible in this day and age. Disgusting.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Yeah, the game does sound interesting (gothic, mechanical world Action RPG), but I bet the story is gonna suck. Kinda wish it was a new IP, though.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Hatred is a useless emotion and a waste of time. I'm done hating any game just not care or dislike some but not wasting my time hating a game new old released or not. I'm not big on the idea of another FFXIII but so many other great RPG's you can enjoy if FF is not doing it for you anymore. Why waste time hating a bunch of code? That alone is pretty pathetic and stupid. Don't like it then play something else. For those who want to play this more power to them :)

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Good to see ya, Dorian. :)

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, Spokane
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Dorian wrote:If you're an individual who still can't see that Motomu Toriyama is a fucking idiot ironically sitting on a multimillion game developing equipment, then that's because you're as stupid as he is and/or you're just a tasteless cunt who can't see that Motomu Toriyama's games are not only god-damn stupid, but also ugly as shit and disjointed. The FFXIII bullshit must die in a hellfire of rage, along with Square Enix as a whole because it's a company of FAIL fueled by mindless jerks who treat the FF name like a guarantee of quality.

This is a world where Motomu Toriyama makes the third shitty high budget FFXIII game in a row when nobody asked for any of it and Yu Suzuki eats shit while creating 'social' crap. "Injustice" doesn't even begin to describe where this bucket of pukes called humanity is right now.

Dorian wrote:The only "new" thing would be the doomsday timer approach if it wasn't for the fact that a mainline Zelda game did it over a decade ago. It doesn't matter it's new for the FF series because what they're doing is taking the most lame and unoriginal way possible in this day and age. Disgusting.

So Dorian is back...

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:23 pm

It was inevitable. You missed him?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Bluecast wrote:Hatred is a useless emotion and a waste of time. I'm done hating any game just not care or dislike some but not wasting my time hating a game new old released or not. I'm not big on the idea of another FFXIII but so many other great RPG's you can enjoy if FF is not doing it for you anymore. Why waste time hating a bunch of code? That alone is pretty pathetic and stupid. Don't like it then play something else. For those who want to play this more power to them :)

Mkay.

Transcending all notions of good and evil and focusing on what's truly important, whether it breeds hate or love. That's my way and to hell with a world build on lies and preachy talking of its hypocrites.

Everything FFXIII is pathetic and stupid beyond redemption. Toriyama is not only pathetic and stupid, but also deceitful and fucked up in the head because everything he said during that presentation about Lightning is ridiculous and/or creepy. His mindset is irritating to me to say the least and I find it to be disgraceful for the video game industry to feed somebody like him while disrespecting Yu Suzuki.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby OL » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Then why are you paying so much attention to it?

OL has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Tuffty
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:48 pm

So Versus XIII won't be at TGS, supposedly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489500

"We can't show it, it's now FF XIII-2 time"
"We can't show it, it's now Kingdom Hearts 3D time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XIII-3 time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XIV's remake's time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XV time"

etc, etc. lol

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:50 pm

versus will be the most awaited cancelled game in history
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:57 pm

The Last Guardian?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm

They'll both come out. They'll just be finished by Gearbox, and criticized for being behind the times. ;-)

OL has received a thanks from: Tuffty
OL
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:The Last Guardian?

I think final fantasy is more popular than team icos games, sure both are widely awaited but if going head to head I think versus would have the more people anticipating it
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Well, despite the popularity contest, they've both been in development for hellishly long now. And when your line manager/producer leaves a project...that doesn't bode well.

OL wrote:They'll both come out. They'll just be finished by Gearbox, and criticized for being behind the times. ;-)

lol.

Yeah, they're both Duke Nukem Forever: Japan Edition now. I have no doubt they'll come out, just that they will come out very late into the PS3's lifecycle. It's not like I don't have enough games to go on, or anything, but man, I would have really liked to see either Last Guardian or Versus XIII at TGS this year. At least we're guaranteed a good bit of Atlus goodness though this TGS.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Though I'd prefer to see more of Versus, from the descriptions of it, I think this new Lightning game is going to incorporate some of the gameplay they were going to use in Versus. So I think that's something to look forward to.
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming