Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 am

*You're
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 am

Dorian wrote:
OL wrote:Then why are you paying so much attention to it?

I don't put as much attention to it as I do to your ass. I'd say I casually hate the fuck out of Square Enix, with a special fuck-you directed at Motomu Toriyama. Besides, it's not your fucking business why I pay my attention to this or that. Stop your lame ad hominem approach. If you're so desperately interested in others, though, then better start asking why Motomu Toriyama masturbates to his big-ass Lightning poster.

I'm surprised nobody pointed out that he blatantly rip-offs some of the Xenoblade's world mechanics while saying it's "a completely unique and original idea that isn't even found on the internet", and Xenoblade isn't original in that regard to begin with. Nani gigantum humeris insidentes, yeah, but Toriyama actually has the nerve to pretend he's totally original and godlike.

:rotflmao:

You massive nonce. Gaming, serious bizness.

QWERTY has received 4 thanks from: LawXiu, OL, St. Elmo's Fire, Tuffty
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 am

The ones who should take it serious are one that either work in the industry or strive to be part of it from the outside looking in but still involved. I'm the latter. We have 3 people on this forum that I know of that either works in the industry or is working on getting in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:02 am

Bluecast wrote: The ones who should take it serious are one that either work in the industry or strive to be part of it from the outside looking in but still involved. I'm the latter. We have 3 people on this forum that I know of that either works in the industry or is working on getting in.

No-one should take it serious. It's just a recreational pastime. War, childhood poverty, politics... these are things that should be taken seriously. Not bloody videogames.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 am

Playing = pastime
Collecting = hobby
Rants of hate = sad
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:34 am

:lol: this is amazing. So glad Dans back. Fucking nonce!!! Havent heard that word in ages. Nonce haahaahaahaahaa! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Peter has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby benhilfenhus » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 am

I first played final fantasy. I was amazed at how unremarkable it was. The first game in the series is not a bad one. Final fantasy is the my favorite game of all time.
benhilfenhus
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Square Enix look like they’re building up to a pretty major announcement at their Final Fantasy Gallery event in Japan, with the opening day already revealing a boxed set that contains every single numbered Final Fantasy game so far.

According to website Andriasang the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box will be available only through the Square Enix eShop and will weigh a hefty five kilograms. The box will also feature a brand new illustration by series regular Yoshitaka Amano. This is its full list of games:

Final Fantasy (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy II (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy III (PSP, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy IV (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy V (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy VI (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy VII International (PS one, 4 discs)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS one, 4 discs)
Final Fantasy IX (PS one, 4 discs)
Final Fantasy X (PlayStation 2, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy XI Vana Del Collection 2 (PlayStation 2, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3, 1 disc)

Apart from Final Fantasy X-2 and XIII-2 that is an impressively complete list, but the box also contains the following:

Special anniversary video disc
Crystal ArtWorks -- an anniversary visual art collection
A two-disc anniversary music selection CD
Final Fantasy XIV Mogu Mogu earring item code
Mini-replica of Amano Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary visual and stand

The box set will be released in Japan on December 18 (the exact date the very first game was released in Japan back in 1987) and will cost ¥35,000 – which is about £280.

Sony Japan president Hiroshi Kawano was on hand to point out that the forthcoming release of Final Fantasy III on PSP means that all the mainline games are now all available on one PlayStation format or another, finally making the Ultimate Box possible.

Kawano wasn’t the only big nob in attendance though, with Microsoft business chief Takashi Sensui also making an appearance and Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata providing a video message extoling Final Fantasy’s virtues.

Square Enix CEO was also on hand to assure fans that the Final Fantasy series is far from over, and that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still being made.

There’s no guarantee (to put it mildly) that the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box will be made available in the West but this is only the opening day of Final Fantasy Gallery and the big news isn’t expected until tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/91024 ... z25QLxMFi5

Man I would love to own this. Only thing is I wish they waited for the HD remake of X.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bastard Yusuke » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Dorian wrote:
OL wrote:Then why are you paying so much attention to it?

I don't put as much attention to it as I do to your ass.

Nice job complimenting his ass. That will show him!!!

Bastard Yusuke has received a thanks from: OL
Bastard Yusuke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Square Enix look like they’re building up to a pretty major announcement at their Final Fantasy Gallery event in Japan, with the opening day already revealing a boxed set that contains every single numbered Final Fantasy game so far.

According to website Andriasang the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box will be available only through the Square Enix eShop and will weigh a hefty five kilograms. The box will also feature a brand new illustration by series regular Yoshitaka Amano. This is its full list of games:

Final Fantasy (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy II (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy III (PSP, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy IV (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy V (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy VI (PS one, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy VII International (PS one, 4 discs)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS one, 4 discs)
Final Fantasy IX (PS one, 4 discs)
Final Fantasy X (PlayStation 2, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy XI Vana Del Collection 2 (PlayStation 2, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2, 1 disc)
Final Fantasy XIII (PlayStation 3, 1 disc)

Apart from Final Fantasy X-2 and XIII-2 that is an impressively complete list, but the box also contains the following:

Special anniversary video disc
Crystal ArtWorks -- an anniversary visual art collection
A two-disc anniversary music selection CD
Final Fantasy XIV Mogu Mogu earring item code
Mini-replica of Amano Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary visual and stand

The box set will be released in Japan on December 18 (the exact date the very first game was released in Japan back in 1987) and will cost ¥35,000 – which is about £280.

Sony Japan president Hiroshi Kawano was on hand to point out that the forthcoming release of Final Fantasy III on PSP means that all the mainline games are now all available on one PlayStation format or another, finally making the Ultimate Box possible.

Kawano wasn’t the only big nob in attendance though, with Microsoft business chief Takashi Sensui also making an appearance and Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata providing a video message extoling Final Fantasy’s virtues.

Square Enix CEO was also on hand to assure fans that the Final Fantasy series is far from over, and that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still being made.

There’s no guarantee (to put it mildly) that the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box will be made available in the West but this is only the opening day of Final Fantasy Gallery and the big news isn’t expected until tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/91024 ... z25QLxMFi5

Man I would love to own this. Only thing is I wish they waited for the HD remake of X.

I might buy this just to re sell it in a few years
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm

That's a lazy box set. Wow gee wiz buy a bunch of re painted PS1 & PS2 discs that I already have.

They should have put everything on discs for PC,360 & PS3 & Wii U. Then add a few DVD's to the legacy and making and best memories of FF from the devlopers new and old. An OST set to all the games in the series. 3-4 art 300 page books on the best of the series. Then yes a print that has special 25th logo signed by all the names to be part of the series for the past 25 years.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Then it'd probably cost about $25000. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:29 pm

I'd might have considered it if not for the fact that I already own every title in that collection for being such a FF nut. Not only do I own original and gba portable versions of very nearly every FF, but I own the ps1 remakes as well. I was squares bitch during the ps1 days. :sad: The kind of hardcore fan this thing seems to be aimed at would likely have little in the way of need. It's nice for posterity though I suppose. And the disc bonus and stuff might keep you entertained for an evening. ;-)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Bluecast wrote: That's a lazy box set. Wow gee wiz buy a bunch of re painted PS1 & PS2 discs that I already have.

They should have put everything on discs for PC,360 & PS3 & Wii U. Then add a few DVD's to the legacy and making and best memories of FF from the devlopers new and old. An OST set to all the games in the series. 3-4 art 300 page books on the best of the series. Then yes a print that has special 25th logo signed by all the names to be part of the series for the past 25 years.

Most of the games can be played on the PS3 other then the PSP and PS2 ones (Although can be played on some). Releasing them on 360 and Wiiu would be alot of hard work with licensing and what not. I'm sure we would have all the games on Xbox Live by now if it wasn't a problem.

They are releasing a book which will have what you want on the DVD.

What you want is pretty unrealistic.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Tuffty
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:57 pm

edit
Last edited by Bluecast on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming