Cokehead

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Cokehead

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm

I was kidding about the "full of shit" part. ;)

And thanks. I really want to upload the first issue but my brother insists on working on a page every decade.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Oppy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Kenny™© wrote:I really want to upload the first issue but my brother insists on working on a page every decade.

Kenny™© wrote:my brother insists on working on a page every decade.

Kenny™© wrote:working on a page every decade.

Kenny™© wrote:page every decade......

Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:09 am

My brother is working on a manga of his own. He's mostly done drawings of characters based on people he knows. He actually redesigned the character based off himself because he thought it looked too much like Naruto. I'll snap some pictures for a new topic if anyone is interested when he gets some more stuff to show off..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:57 pm

Damn, how old is this topic?
How can I have missed it all this time??
Dont know, maybe the title didnt caught my attention. Actually I would never associate it with... this!

Sweet stuff, Kenny.
Good concept, quirky development.

I like it!

I can see a Jonhy the Homicidial Maniac vibe to it, the pshycosis substituted by the addiction, with Ren and Stimpy visuals.

Want more!
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Kenny » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:36 am

Muchos thanks!

Progress is still very slow. I was working on my short film and getting a new job. I've since only made two more pages. My bro didn't know I was coming back home so he didn't bring the comic with him but i'll get it back soon so I can wrap up the backgrounds and just post it here.

Since i'm also working on my graphic design stuff, I was thinking of drawing up a design for a website and post the first and second issue on there while adding a new page on a weekly basis.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Good to hear it's still going..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:27 am

I received the first issue from my brother awhile ago.

He didn't really do any work on it which pisses me off but he's been busy with college and other things. What i'm just gonna do is scan the whole comic as is and post it all tomorrow then in the future i'll release it one page at a time in its final "finished" form. Hopefully on its own website.

I'll do the same with the second issue when i'm finished with that as well.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:40 pm

Since the scanner is a big piece of shit, I took the pics with my Rebel and released it in the worst form possible.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JWGC5H3F

28 Pages in all. By the time the issue is touched up and re-released, it'll be with a better scanner.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 am

I'll make some time to read it very soon..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Panda_rapist » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:49 am

the beginning was good, coudnt read the parts that were taken by photo though :-s
Panda_rapist

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Resolution should've been huge. Then again my handwriting is terrible.

If you drag the zip file into a comic viewer like ComicRack or FFView (for Mac), it should be more legible.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Panda_rapist » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:09 pm

i see yeah i had mostly problems reading th handwriting :lol: cool :) il give it a try
Panda_rapist

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:38 pm

I was just given an inked copy of the cover for the first issue. I'm asking him now to add more detail and stuff around to make it more vibrate and eye catching.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Martin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I love you, Kenny, but let me get this straight; in four years you've yet to actually make much out of this? I understand you've got commitments/responsibilities, but I'm sorry, you can make a comic strip with that kind of art quite quickly. You could've spent two/three hours a week on it, and you'd have done it in a couple months, tops.

I haven't read the whole thread, so you may have done lots. The impression I get from the last couple pages is that you have one issue done, and one in a state of incompletion? I love the style, but it looks pretty quick to actually draw it. How can this have taken you four years?

Sorry if I'm being a dick. I don't mean to. I like the idea and the concept of the story very much, I just don't see how you could have accomplished so little on this in such a large span of time. If you don't want this taking so long that you hate it by the time you finish it - dedicate some time each week to it. Even if it's a small amount. Otherwise by the time it's done, you'll be a different person, and the urge to go back in changing things will be large, making it take even more time.

Don't be a comic book version of George Broussard.

Martin has received a thanks from: Kenny
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Nah, I appreciate what you're saying and I actually agree with you. The big reason why this has been delayed for far too long is cause of my brother. He does an amazing job with detail work, better than me, so I prefer him to do it. Problem is he's in medical school so his time is limited and now we're in different states. All my finished and unfinished material is with him. I also got caught up with work then my screenplays, going that direction.

It took maybe 2-3 months to finish the first issue and had the second one done halfway in a month. I probably would've done 12-20 issues by now if things were moving along nicely. So I can definitely do the actual comic relatively fast. I have a very general idea where the story is gonna go to but the cool thing about this is that, the way I work with this, I make shit up on spot. It's the only project where I can do that and be completely fine with it as its a creative release (all my other projects are being meticulously thought out before their release).

But if anything, i'm not abandoning this. I've been drawing these characters since I was like 6 or 7 and I really love working on this concept even years later. I'm also corresponding with my brother to get at least the first issue done. I hate it that i'm working on so much but there's no output yet. I would like to release Cokehead and a sprite comic, Vidiot, ideally by the end of the year.

But I love hearing that alot of people are interested, especially Oppy's friend who was constantly checking these forums for new updates at one point. I feel like i'm disappointing people by delaying it but hopefully it'll be out on its own website, releasing a page a week. I'm still also planning on selling physical copies on the site and in local comic shops here in LA.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic