Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Postby OL » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:40 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Ok ok, I need a second opinion though, so I am asking OL, another Vita owner. Also, I just checked the 3DS line up, there are some interesting things on it, but I wont be really interested until Bravely Default or SMT 4 comes out, or if we ever get that one RPG with the little girl in the labrinth (if I hear one joke, I swear to god...). I am not all that interested in Devil summoner and most of the other games for it I am kinda interested in are remakes or ports, Shinobi, OoT, MGS3, Tales of the Abyss etc. and I want some fresh new games. Although I havent played Tales of the Abyss, that would probably be one of my first purchaess if I got a 3DS.

I love the Vita pretty much for one game, and it warranted the purchase of it for me personally. But knowing your tastes, I would think the 3DS would be the better way to go, what with as many RPGs as it has in development, and Tales of the Abyss already on it (excellent game).
Couldn't comment on your other possibilities, since that all just depends on how much precedence they'd take for you, personally, over videogames. But strictly on the subject of videogames, and knowing what you're normally in to, I'd say 3DS.

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Ugh... so after poking around amazing I found I can get Yakuza 3 and 4 and Asuras Wrath all for around $60, they have all hit the bargin bin... now THAT is tempting.

Yes. Buy.
All great games, and for 60 bucks? Good deal.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:27 pm

AG if you have a Big Lots can get Yakuza 4 for 18$ and at Best buy they have Asuras Wrath for 20$ and Darksiders for 16$.

Also AG you can get TiTS2 now from PSN for Vita. If you looked at the link I posted in the Falcom topic. Falcom and XSeed are both trying to find the resources to bring it over. It just won;t be for PSP at this point.

Shinobi 3DS is not a port or remake. Reboot. Totally original in the series and a prequel with Joes daddy
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:43 pm

yes I saw that, I am actually half tempted to buy the PS3 re-release coming out in japan for TITS 2, but I doubt I will. Keep in mind whatever system I dont get now, I will probably get the other at tax time, I kind of want to get the more expensive system out of the way now. Also keep in mind, I barely touched my original DS, and I spent most of my time on my PSP, its just more traditional and I know a Vita would be seeing more action, still want a 3DS though. Right now Persona 4 takes presidence over Tales of the Abyss, P4 is my main squeeze. Both the systems are lacking tremendously in my eyes (atleast here in america), but both have a few things out now and a few things up and coming that I am intersted in.

Oh yeah, forgot about FF10 HD, well that settles it then.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Case and Box.

Its alive, and its sexy as hell!

Was disappointed with this. It didnt even come with a game case or anything, that other little slot was where the 4 gig stick was before I put it in the Vita. No instruction manual for the game, no nothing. They almost may as well have just gave me a voucher to download the game off PSN, anyway im not keeping it.

So what are some good apps? I got the Gravity Rush demo but havent played it yet. The screen is great, just as I remembered it when I played the demo last fall in the mall just it wasnt hooked into a display thing and all the input slots are exposed. Loving the white version, I think it looks better than the black.

As far as the limited edition goes, the PS Vita being white is about as limited as this package really is. There is nothing to it really, Vita, USB cord, wall charger adapter, 4GB memory card, game with no case and thats it. But what can you expect really? They are throwing a game and memory card for the price of a stand alone Vita without those 2 items that sits right next to this bundle on the shelf, still worth it.

AnimeGamer183 has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Grats on the vita AG. You're gonna love it. Im sure you are already. That white looks great. I remember when I first moved to Japan and got the white PSP when it wasnt out in the U.S yet. I was hyped on it.

As for apps you gotta get youtube. The screen looks so impressive playing HD video's off it. Just saw some of the Halo 4 reviews on it and was like wow, I should be watching more youtube on this thing. Because of the resolution and screen size it looks better then my iPad 2 sometimes!
Then theirs Nico Nico.. if you wanna perv out on some Japanese girls doing live public video chats then.. ya do that. Kinda suspect but eh, sometimes ill tune into someone and mess with them as ill understand their japanese and then reply in broken english for fun. Went into some room with a Metal Gear Solid fan discussion the other day. That kinda stuff. Some people play their instruments. Guitars, DJ's. Pretty cool. Alot of people broadcast their screens while they play games.

Axm has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Just left GameStop, I went ahead and traded in AC3 for Lumines and got Yakuza 3 for $10 in decent shape used. Also the manager at gamestop switched out the banged up original case for this red one and we both agreed it complimented the game packaging well, im happy with it. :)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 am

Pretty Vita. I prefer black but that thing is nice. For soem reason with the grey nubs reminds me of DC. My god I fucking love my Vita and know you will to. IMO the best handheld of the two :D
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm

I didn't know Yakuza 3 was released on HD-DVD..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: I didn't know Yakuza 3 was released on HD-DVD..

:P That's the color ofUS PS3 greatest hits.
===================================================================\

Anway got paid today paid the bills and had a little spare change so got these pretty cheap.

Nier,FFII,Folklore

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Rakim, Spokane
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spokane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 pm

^Good man. Great! :)
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Rakim » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 am

Folklore looks pretty cool.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm doing something that almost never happens. Going into a game blind. I know nothing of folklore just that it was Gamer Republic and thought that should be enough reason alone. I hope I am not wrong.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:49 pm

If it's half as good as the box art I'm sure you'll love it. :-o

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 am

They always have great art on the cover :)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Martin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 am

Sorry boys, but I pre-ordered Black Ops 2: Hardened Edition for PS3. I love zombies, and the new zombies is gonna be awesome. Also, launch day is my birthday! I've no idea what comes in the Hardened box, but I thought "Fuck it, it's my birthday". It's been a long time since I had a 'Special Edition' in a tin box and all that. I think the last one was Halo Reach. Came with a bunch of useless stuff. I imagine this one will, too. Useless, but cool!
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming