Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/08/po ... n-october/

wow posted this in completely the wrong topic. but there ya go, it has the whole nintendo direct the X/Y trailer is near the end.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Rakim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 am

Now if only they would make the next pokemon rpg for a home console instead of handheld all my dreams will have come true.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 am

doesn't seem to take full advantage of the 3ds hardware but should be great for the fans
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Rakim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:11 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw[/youtube]

This video could be 1/3 as long if they had someone who actually spoke English presenting it. Where is Reggie when we need him?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am

Rakim wrote: Now if only they would make the next pokemon rpg for a home console instead of handheld all my dreams will have come true.

at this point I wouldn't doubt if they did a proper game on console. It seems like a part of the WiiU/3DS strategy. Theres like 4 titles announced that have crossplay with the nearest one being Monster Hunter.

I think it'll look the same tho, cartoony and such. I always thought a realistic approach to a giant blue turtle with a cannon on his back was a bad idea.

south carmain wrote:doesn't seem to take full advantage of the 3ds hardware but should be great for the fans

It'll look better on the actual screen, gotta remember the screens are made for the custom resolution, so seeing it on anything but the screen makes em worse. That said, it'll likely look just slightly better then DS stuff, but thats ok, because its a game that by default is going to have over 900 models. Now think about the fact the animations that go along with that, then add sound etc. By default its a game with a lot of content which is going to meant some hardcore compression and loss of quality. I'm sure if they released a WiiU version it'd look fantastic.

to me content>graphics, it'd take a massive media format with an intense amount

Rakim wrote:This video could be 1/3 as long if they had someone who actually spoke English presenting it. Where is Reggie when we need him?

Iwata is a nice man, god bless im he tries his damndest to speak english but yea, I kinda respect him more then reggie since he's actually a developer (and did i mention he's really nice)

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Rakim
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
south carmain wrote:doesn't seem to take full advantage of the 3ds hardware but should be great for the fans

It'll look better on the actual screen, gotta remember the screens are made for the custom resolution, so seeing it on anything but the screen makes em worse. That said, it'll likely look just slightly better then DS stuff, but thats ok, because its a game that by default is going to have over 900 models. Now think about the fact the animations that go along with that, then add sound etc. By default its a game with a lot of content which is going to meant some hardcore compression and loss of quality. I'm sure if they released a WiiU version it'd look fantastic.

to me content>graphics, it'd take a massive media format with an intense amount

hopefully, though I heard 3ds cartridges were supposed to be able to go up to 8gb in size? if that's the case I doubt they will need to compress them that much

to be fair I believe that with the guaranteed sales they get with pokemon they do relax in certain areas of the development, they seem to aim more at giving the typical pokemon experience to fans rather than wow newcomers which is fine really, that said I haven't played a pokemon game since the GBA and haven't been sucked in to one since gold/silver
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am

Well 3DS carts can hit DVD storage, but with that in mind how many unique models do you see in a AAA 360 game.

Wow so you've missed quite a bit then. At its core Pokemon is the same, all the stuff that got removed between Gold/Silver going into Ruby/Sapphire got put back in and improved. The battles are much deeper and they seems to be paying a lot more attention to making the journey to the pokemon league less of an afterthought.

some of what i'm saying babling because I'm incredibly sleep deprived but when my mind no longer feels like mulch I'll explain what I mean.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Well 3DS carts can hit DVD storage, but with that in mind how many unique models do you see in a AAA 360 game.

well 700 if you look at shenmue 2 which is last gen :P but I get your point, the full capacity cartridge is probably pretty expensive at this point as well, at least they aren't going the MW3 route and having 20 people of only 2 different variations running away side by side :lol:
Wow so you've missed quite a bit then. At its core Pokemon is the same, all the stuff that got removed between Gold/Silver going into Ruby/Sapphire got put back in and improved. The battles are much deeper and they seems to be paying a lot more attention to making the journey to the pokemon league less of an afterthought.

yeah though i did play one on the ds some time ago, i remember it being a little harder than the old ones

south carmain has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Calshot » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Rakim wrote:
This video could be 1/3 as long if they had someone who actually spoke English presenting it. Where is Reggie when we need him?

His body wasn't ready.

Calshot has received 2 thanks from: Rakim, Yokosuka Martian
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Axm » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Got it on sale for $45
About to play this once I put the last 10 hours in needed to finish Persona 4 Golden.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Picked these up for $40 all together at bookmans. I've been playing Baldur's Gate with a buddy of mine practically nonstop :P

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Bambi
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Thief wrote: Image

Picked these up for $40 all together at bookmans. I've been playing Baldur's Gate with a buddy of mine practically nonstop :P

Glorious.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 pm

I would have considered $40 on Zelda alone to be a win. Kudos.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Got Growlanser Generations (Growlanser II & III; final game Working Designs ever released, pretty damn rare) for £30! Was really happy to get it at such a low price, since I've seen it go for £100+ when I looked in the past.

Also picked up Chrono Trigger DS for £15. Always wanted to try it.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Did that ever come out in the US?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro