What TV series are you watching?

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Postby Sailors? » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:57 am

I just hope it aint a huge let down when it comes back in like a year.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:52 am

It's strange people feel it is rushed since the creator only wanted 13 episodes for the whole of the 5th season. It's only because AMC wanted more that it just bumped up to 16.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yukupo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm

It doesn't feel rushed to me. The vibe of the show is quite different now but that's because
Walt has crossed the line into pure dickery after 'winning' against Gus and is alienating everyone even more. You don't have those ..sort of.. lighthearted family moments anymore since he's not really able to be with them.

I think the second half will be great. The creators haven't given me any reason to doubt them yet. And I don't think Season 4 would have been a good ending. That was too good an ending for the likes of him. I want to see Walt get what's coming to him.
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sailors? » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Yes Walts dissension into a pure evil cunt happened very fast, they rushed into it. The ending of his half of Series 5 was brilliant though. Hank just casually having a shit and FINALLY finding out the truth about Walt, brilliant.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:20 pm

I think Season 5 is the best season. No slow moments, it raises the stakes every chance it gets.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby KiBa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BtGbLQvqP0[/youtube]

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Well, there goes season 5 and now the wait begins..

Sailors? wrote:
Yes Walts dissension into a pure evil cunt happened very fast, they rushed into it. The ending of his half of Series 5 was brilliant though. Hank just casually having a shit and FINALLY finding out the truth about Walt, brilliant.

Heh that was funny. But..
Will it be too little, too late? Walt is out by this point. Judging how fast they moved when they ended with Gustavo, what left will there be left to salvage with a much smaller operation. I get the feeling the opening scene of season 5 was a shot in the dark. What'll follow is a messy story to reach that point and continue from there..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 pm

What's Hank going to do though? I see he either tells Walt to leave town or he starts trying to get some evidence and Walt catches on and we end up where S5 started.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:11 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Well, there goes season 5 and now the wait begins..

Sailors? wrote:

Heh that was funny. But..
Will it be too little, too late? Walt is out by this point. Judging how fast they moved when they ended with Gustavo, what left will there be left to salvage with a much smaller operation. I get the feeling the opening scene of season 5 was a shot in the dark. What'll follow is a messy story to reach that point and continue from there..

Season 5 ep 1 it shows him with a full head of hair on the run. He is busted
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 pm

OL wrote:You magnificent bastard! I've been looking for that cartoon for ages, but couldn't remember what it was called. Seriously, that exact one. I've been referencing the big butt-->big boobs gag as an example of how cartoons were originally for adults, but I could never cite exactly where it was from.
Thank you good sir.

You're welcome! I love quality animation.

I really do love Flip a lot more than Mickey (of course, the top still might be The Sorcerer's Apprentice for me). And it's good that nothing was sacrificed stylistically in Iwerks' independent work (since I love Disney too), but I have to say, in terms of early animation, Ub Iwerks was obviously a huge contributing genius for Disney, so his independent cartoons are just as good as the Disney work he did.

If you watch the "Spooks" Flip episode, the skeleton style is just like Iwerks' Disney short "Skeleton Dance."

Somehow, I just think a frog is inherently funnier than a mouse, especially the streamlined design (more than the original Flip the Frog design from "Fiddlesticks" - he goes through a simplification much like Mickey Mouse did). I guess it's because a Frog seems more squash-and-stretchable than a mouse.

Here is the "Spooks" episode. I love this one. I think probably everyone has seen Disney's "Skeleton Dance."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kOOEn-8pY[/youtube]

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 pm

I love these Breaking Bad comics I can't stop reading them:

Season 4 Spoilers:

Season 5:

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Yukupo
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I need to finish breaking bad because I'm way too tempted to open these spoiler tags. Stopped mid season 3 or 4, I think?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:18 am

KiBa wrote:
OL wrote:You magnificent bastard! I've been looking for that cartoon for ages, but couldn't remember what it was called. Seriously, that exact one. I've been referencing the big butt-->big boobs gag as an example of how cartoons were originally for adults, but I could never cite exactly where it was from.
Thank you good sir.

You're welcome! I love quality animation.

I really do love Flip a lot more than Mickey (of course, the top still might be The Sorcerer's Apprentice for me). And it's good that nothing was sacrificed stylistically in Iwerks' independent work (since I love Disney too), but I have to say, in terms of early animation, Ub Iwerks was obviously a huge contributing genius for Disney, so his independent cartoons are just as good as the Disney work he did.

If you watch the "Spooks" Flip episode, the skeleton style is just like Iwerks' Disney short "Skeleton Dance."

Somehow, I just think a frog is inherently funnier than a mouse, especially the streamlined design (more than the original Flip the Frog design from "Fiddlesticks" - he goes through a simplification much like Mickey Mouse did). I guess it's because a Frog seems more squash-and-stretchable than a mouse.

Here is the "Spooks" episode. I love this one. I think probably everyone has seen Disney's "Skeleton Dance."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kOOEn-8pY[/youtube]

One of my faves and have it on DVD is old king cole Felix The Cat
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isbzfRh4za8[/youtube]

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

The Newsroom is amazing. All ten episodes were fantastic, even the not-so-good episodes were still very good.

Right now watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations", the Paris episode. Aside from the stupid Absinthe skit, its very good.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 am

No Reservations is fucking awesome. Makes me envy the hell out of the guy.

OL has received a thanks from: myshtuff
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic