Your setup Entertainment center,PC rig

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Your setup Entertainment center,PC rig

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm

My gaming PC died about 4 or 5 years ago. BUT FEAR NOT! I am building a new one in a couple months... finally. I will be happy as hell when all the stuff arrives. And I will of course post pics of its epicness once its here :)

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh, I reccomend getting a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870. Ive got the duel fan overclocked edition (Runs anything full power).
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm

I took this picture of my "gaming rig" the other day, so may as well share here:

If you look closely you'll see the parcel tape holding the remote together. That's the remote for the TV/VCR combo whose VCR part stopped working years ago, hence the extra standalone VCR sitting under the PS2.

The future is now!

(Naturally I apologize for the Sonic Generations case dragging down the excellence levels in this scene.)

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 pm

mrslig100 wrote: Oh, I reccomend getting a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870. Ive got the duel fan overclocked edition (Runs anything full power).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150616

the one I am getting. 8)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:34 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
mrslig100 wrote: Oh, I reccomend getting a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870. Ive got the duel fan overclocked edition (Runs anything full power).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150616

the one I am getting. 8)

Granted that's a deskstop and I have a laptopbut I thought it was cool I had a 2GB GPU
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby mue 26 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I took this picture of my "gaming rig" the other day, so may as well share here:

If you look closely you'll see the parcel tape holding the remote together. That's the remote for the TV/VCR combo whose VCR part stopped working years ago, hence the extra standalone VCR sitting under the PS2.

The future is now!

(Naturally I apologize for the Sonic Generations case dragging down the excellence levels in this scene.)

I love how hood this setup is. Keeping it way real with the VHS.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 pm

This is the bedroom or the retro room.

Last edited by Bluecast on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:44 pm

mue 26 wrote:I love how hood this setup is. Keeping it way real with the VHS.

That blue sticker on the front is proudly advertising its "60 Second Flash Rewind" - neglecting to mention that it sounds like a plane tearing down the runway whilst doing this. The people next door have been known to flee onto the street with their pets under one arm and cherished photo albums under the other while I'm rewinding a week's worth of Neighbours. Werd, yo.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mrslig100 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Ive got to fix my video player. Ive been meaning to for ages.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby mue 26 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:That blue sticker on the front is proudly advertising its "60 Second Flash Rewind" - neglecting to mention that it sounds like a plane tearing down the runway whilst doing this. The people next door have been known to flee onto the street with their pets under one arm and cherished photo albums under the other while I'm rewinding a week's worth of Neighbours. Werd, yo.

Well I hope your watching some vintage Neighbours on that shexy VHS player, back when Toadfish was still the man (though he may still be the man now, for all I know?), and Holly Valance was the sturdy jawed Aussie girl of all our dreams, and that illiterate Irish kid captured all our hearts...

Oh, and I think I have quite a few old school WWF VHS's that would look good in that player of yours. My personal favourite was Royal Rumble 2000. I bet your well jelly. :P
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 am

Au contraire, the reason my TV/VCR combo's knackered is because I wore out the freeze frame button at the end of the Miss Royal Rumble contest. Phwoar!

Oh, and Toadie's still the man. There'll never be another Flick though. :sad:

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: mue 26
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 pm

I wore out the freeze frame button at the end of the Miss Royal Rumble contest. Phwoar!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who bought the video for this very reason. You can't beat a mature wine.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Off topic: I think "Let's Get Sweaty" is an inspired forum name. I've seen some other great ones - ""Vast and Bulbous" was a particular highlight in my forum-going career - but getting sweaty is what it's all about. Provided you're getting sweaty with the right people, that is.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:43 am

Glad you like it, but I only settled for this name because q1044861855 was already taken.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Alright guys I need some opinions on GPU's. Unfortunately the graphics card I was originally going to buy has been discontinued and arent available anymore. I have been looking around for an alternative and I have narrowed it down to 2 cards, I think. Keep in mind I am certainly open to suggestions about this. But here is what I am looking at right now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150589

XFX Radeon HD 7950 Black Edition

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814202003

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X edition

I am basically trying to decide what brand and display outputs to get what will be best for me. I need to run 2 and possibly 3 monitors in the future (or maybe more if I get really into it). Both these cards look pretty awesome, also keep in mind the XFX has a lifetime warranty and the sapphire a 2 year. ALSO if I buy either of them soon over the next couple days, I get 3 games for free Sleeping Dogs, Hitman (when it comes out), and Far Cry 3 (whenever it comes out).

Now more about the display outputs, I like the sapphire because it has 2 DVI ports already in it, but the XFX comes with a HDMI to DVI adapter out of the box, so either way I am set for 2 monitors (which I may also need some advice on those I am looking through alot of 24 inch monitors to see if I can get a good deal on a pair). I think the XFX one will perform a bit better hardware wise and in terms of gaming because it can be over clocked to 1000MHz or even 1GHz I have heard as well, smoothly. I am kind of leaning towards the XFX. What do you all think? I need opinions.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic