Ys Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 pm

The ignorance is strong with this one. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Not so much ignorance, I guess... just a very American sense of "blame someone, dammit!"
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 am

What AG does not get is the business end. Falcom has a contract with Xseed for Ys and Legend of Heroes. Just right now Xseed being as Tom says a very tiny company. They only employ about 15 people. Tom is the lead translator I believe. He is a huge Falcom fan and the reason Xseed is doing anything with those games. Falcom can't break a legal contract either. Xseed is also very busy. They have TIT2 always on their minds but the game is massive. Until they have more resources not much they can do. So buying their games gives them more money and eventually grow as a company giving them more resources. They will do it eventually just now they can't. Tom and I think the guys name was Ken talk about it and get emails about it. (btw Xseed will answer every email personally every time) It may b ea bit of a wait but it will happen eventually as long as they are doing well and can grow.

I gave him a solution. Something I did and I am doing esp after Xseed conformed to me they want to but have no plans to translate Earth Seeker. So I bought the game and learning Japanese. Better than whining and being impatient IMO
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am

I thought XSEED had a contract for Ys but not Legend of Heroes. If XSEED indeed has a contract with Falcom to bring out the LoH games, then there is no doubt TITS2 will eventually come out, it will have to if they want to bring any of the other LoH games west. Falcom might need to re-negotiate the LoH clause on their contract with XSEED if XSEED truly dont plan on bringing out more LoH games, which there are many. If not XSEED someone needs to do it. Sorry guys, im just really aggrivated and frustrated about this, with such a cliff hanger ending and build up for the second game at the end of TITS1 im ready to strangle tom with my own bare hands, even though I love him.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 29, 2013 9:31 pm

phpBB [video]

I had no idea there is a Famicom version. Might have to get it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:34 pm

You are such a whore for falcom! You would stick your cartridge in every slot there is if it had Ys name on it! ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: Ys Series

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:41 pm

http://seldane.proboards.com/thread/6552/boycott-xseed

Some controversy surrounding Xseed and Ys translations on PSP and Steam. IMO I think the dude sounds butthurt and insane.

However since the other huge Ys fan on here who knows about this sorta stuff maybe can chime in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm

NightWolf is crazy.

That basically sums up most of this. Theres like this weird kind of "us and them" when it comes to this community but if an older member wanted to they could shit on Nightwolfs lap over the "issue" I mean in order to even get the eng translation patch you had to donate to his forum.

I could totally see him not getting the credit he deserves on some of this stuff but I remember at one point he flat out refused to release the origins patch because of "warez".

If he's not willing to do something with it but Jeff was, fuckin power to Jeff for actually allowing people to play the game in english.

"I made a post in a forum and it helped lead to a fix an I didn't get credit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

I shipped 5 multi million sellers during my many years in the industry and haven't gotten a credit in a game yet (Beatdown City will be my first and thats because I own half the damn game)

NightWolf=

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Raithos
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Well now I have to cancel my pre-order and get this
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Raithos » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 pm

My pants are suddenly very tight. Just tried to switch my preorder but it's currently not available at Gamestop just yet. Thanks for the info!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

This ended up getting featured on like every site, will be interesting to see how this sells.

Also wondering how long before NightWolf claims it was his idea.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: This ended up getting featured on like every site,

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: will be interesting to see how this sells.

I think Xseed will be dancing freaky happy.
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Also wondering how long before NightWolf claims it was his idea.

SHHHHHHHHH! He can hear you!

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Ys V (SNES) fan translation released:

Ys V - Kefin, Lost City of Sand
At the end of December, 1995, Falcom released Ys V for the Super Famicom, choosing to take a gamble and radically alter the gameplay formula of the series to mixed reviews. The game is now much more in the vein of Zelda, though it's not nearly so involved as those games. New to the series is the ability to jump and manually swing your sword/hold up your shield, as well as a rather interesting magic system, based around the notion of alchemy. Different spells are created by combining three elements of varying types, for a decent amount of variety. The game received a bit of a lashing in the press for how easy it was, and an update, Ys V Expert, was released only three months later. This update primarily raised the difficulty and added a time attack mode.

The game spent many years as the sole entry in the Ys series never to have been seen in English, in any form, and for good reason; the process of hacking this game has been a nightmare and has been plagued with dozens upon dozens of crashes. Said crashes were crippling to my motivation to work on the game, but the translation is now complete. Enjoy!

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=ys5

Supposedly it's more like a Quintet game rather than an Ys game. This is the last Ys game in the mainline series that needed an English release.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to General Gaming