Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmue Collections

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:07 am

A little update for my collection. I added the Kuming You're my only CD, Shenmue the Movie DVD, KG Books Guide and US DC Magazine Demo with Shenmue on it to my stuff a while ago.

Today I recieved something much nicer though. I finally got a hold of the Chapter 1 Yokosuka OST. I'm pleased to announce that it's no cheap bootleg this time. It's the absolute real thing by Sega with the small film strip and everything.

The mastering of the CD is outstanding as it sounds fantastic. I'm listening to it right now and it sounds a lot cleaner then the high quality MP3s I had for so long. And I have an X-Fi sound card in my PC and I do not have have an expensive CD Player connected to my stereo. It's just my DVD player that I use to listen to the CD so put that in perspective.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Mitsuzuki, Nahovil
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Zeke_ » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:44 am

SpinDash wrote: A little update for my collection. I added the Kuming You're my only CD, Shenmue the Movie DVD, KG Books Guide and US DC Magazine Demo with Shenmue on it to my stuff a while ago.

Today I recieved something much nicer though. I finally got a hold of the Chapter 1 Yokosuka OST. I'm pleased to announce that it's no cheap bootleg this time. It's the absolute real thing by Sega with the small film strip and everything.

The mastering of the CD is outstanding as it sounds fantastic. I'm listening to it right now and it sounds a lot cleaner then the high quality MP3s I had for so long. And I have an X-Fi sound card in my PC and I do not have have an expensive CD Player connected to my stereo. It's just my DVD player that I use to listen to the CD so put that in perspective.

How much did you pay for that Soundtrack???
Zeke_
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Far Cry 3

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 am

I bought it from Yahoo Auctions Japan through SMJ for 6500 Yen. Plus fees and shipping it costed me about $100.
Quite a price tag but considering it's only like 75 in Euro and that the OST in that state is hard to get and people on eBay want MORE for a bootleg I'm happy enough with the price.

EDIT: #-o I completely forgott to mention that my PAL copy of Shenmue is now a new and sealed one.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am

Nicely done, SpinDash.

Which image is on the film cell? I have a feeling it's different for every soundtrack.

It's hard to tell from the one I have, but it's a closeup of a face. And since scanning this now, I just noticed the audio waveform that goes with the clip. Sweet!

edit: after taking a look at your enlarged pic, it's clearly a different face on the film cell. I wonder how many unique pieces there are.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby BlueMue » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 am

Yeah thanks! I was going to say you should enlarge the image but I see you already did so yourself. Mine shows an eye of either Xiuying or Shenhua. Yours seems to show Terry in the dark.

It is really interesting that they have different ones of them and that there is sound-on-film aswell. This doesn't seem to be something they just made for the OST anymore. I think they've actually cut a 35mm film reel in pieces that had a Shenmue trailer or something on it. I doubt it's from the movie as it came quite a while after the OST.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zeke_ » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 am

Interesting. I took a quick snapshot of my film strip. It seems there 3 frames from Terry and 2 from Xiying.

Zeke_ has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Zeke_
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Far Cry 3

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Your image isn't showing. But I managed to take a look at it by using only the link.

The film strip of your OST is pretty cool. It certanly has a lot more interesting pictures then mine, especially because it shows two different characters and doesn't just have 5 almost similar images.
I'm pretty sure now that every OST has it's own unique part of a film reel.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DL30 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Does anyone know if there's a "Sample" version of the Japanese Shenmue 2(Dreamcast) game?

It has "Sample" printed on the cover like the Shenmue 1 example I've included below.

DL30 has received a thanks from: Axm
DL30
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I don't think so. The only sample version of Shenmue I've seen is for the first game that you posted above.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: DL30
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby DL30 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:34 pm

^Thanks for the reply.I've never seen one either so it's either really rare,or doesn't exist.

Has anybody seen this book before?Is it official,or just some random magazine?

DL30

Postby Rakim » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:17 am

My best guess is Chinese ripoff strategy guide.

Rakim has received a thanks from: DL30
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Another update from me:

Today I finally got the Exclusive Edition Ryo Hazuki Statue. Had to buy one off eBay for a lot more then it costed on the F4F site but I completely missed the opportunity to preorder so I had no choice, as I just HAD to get one of these. It's really awesome!

I also got some promotional Shenhua cell phone decoration wrist strap thing from Japan. Not the one with the little Shenhua figure but the one with the little round metal plate. Pops up much rarer then the other one.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: wude
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bambi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:51 pm

SpinDash wrote: Another update from me:

Today I finally got the Exclusive Edition Ryo Hazuki Statue. Had to buy one off eBay for a lot more then it costed on the F4F site but I completely missed the opportunity to preorder so I had no choice, as I just HAD to get one of these. It's really awesome!

I saw that they've started for selling for a 40% mark-up on the original price already. :|
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:50 am

It update time again! This time with a new photo of all the stuff. But first a list of what's new since last time:

- Shenmue II Xbox (German Ver.2)
- Shenmue II Xbox (Scandinavia)
- Shenmue II Xbox (Australia)
- KG Books Shenmue Guide
- Shenmue Orchestra Version OST
- Shenmue the Movie VHS
- Shenmue the Movie DVD (Chinese)
- Shenmue the Movie II VCD

The Chinese Movie DVD is interesting enough but the VCD of Shenmue II is far more valuable. That more or less illegally bootlegged stuff is almost impossible to find, I was lucky that it randomly turned up on eBay Germany.
It's a four disc set with actual pressed VCDs in a quite nice case that holds them all. It's Japanese audio with Chinese subtitles, though the blurb is English for some reason...

Just take a look, a picture tells more then 1000 words.

BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:02 am

I like that cell phone decoration.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max