Automotive Discussion

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Automotive Discussion

Postby Bluecast » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Yama age 4.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Yama
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby LawXiu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm

I forgot all about this thread. Had to get rid of the Peugeot after some problems. Stupid simple things like air flow meters breaking and no one supplying them anymore. Constant headache and a money pit. Shame.

I've picked up an E36 BMW for £390 on Ebay not so long ago. It's not much to look at but for the money it's in pretty good shape. I'm saving for a holiday at the moment so won't be buying anything soon. When I do I don't know what I'll go for. I keep thinking about another Golf. Half of me wants the R32 but the other half of me is too sensible and want a TDi. Plenty of time to think about it though.

LawXiu has received a thanks from: Axm
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:04 pm

So I saw this today. Also saw a Ferrari a few weeks ago. Not common sites for me. Just really loved the design of this,Kinda has a 70's muscle car look but also a modern sleekness.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Jeff » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

I really wanted the 45th Anniversary Chevy Camaro when I was looking for a new car. I tested that and the Sonata. I was horribly disappointed with the Camaro. The front windshield was so narrow and so far from you that it felt like you were driving it in the back seat. Also the side windows are very narrow and the roof makes you feel like you're looking out of a bunker. I test drove it and couldn't believe it had 325 hp. The Sonata was more peppy. You can't see out the back unless you have the dinky rear view camera. Looks good but it was clear when they made the car that looks was the main focus. I got this instead, but I'd never recommend a Hyundai to anyone as it's rittled with problems and their service is horrid.

Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:20 am

I agree about the Camaro Jeff. Simply too awkward once you get in it and get going. A friend let me drive his V8 one once and imo was abit slow and doesnt really kick in till you're on the highway. For an American car, I think it looks great though.

Axm has received a thanks from: Jeff
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 am

I like the design of them, though like the newer Mustangs they're getting played out rather quickly. I haven't driven one so can't judge, though hear many good things.

The ZL1 is an absolute animal though and nothing bad should be said of that car.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Fenix » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

I completly forgot that thread.

My girlfriend bought a car one year ago, lol. It's funny to drive.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Jeff » Wed May 01, 2013 12:03 am

Axm wrote: I agree about the Camaro Jeff. Simply too awkward once you get in it and get going. A friend let me drive his V8 one once and imo was abit slow and doesnt really kick in till you're on the highway. For an American car, I think it looks great though.

That's exactly how I described it when I first got into it, it just felt awkward. This was going to be a daily driver. The night before I made the derision I stared at the Camaro in the lot outside in the rain asking myself, 'am I really going to pick a Hyundai over this?' Eventually I did, plus Hyundai had much better financing rates than what they offered me. I do wonder if I should have just got the pussy magnet. lol. They like this car too because of the luxury but...well it's a camaro. :-p
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Brothaman » Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm

^ The Camaro might had actually helped you get you laid...

Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yama » Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Fenix wrote:I completly forgot that thread.

My girlfriend bought a car one year ago, lol. It's funny to drive.

Polar opposites, lol.

Yama has received a thanks from: Fenix
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Jeff » Wed May 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Brothaman wrote: ^ The Camaro might had actually helped you get you laid...

Chevy isn't event featured in this diagram, so it's inconclusive. :lol:
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:36 pm

So I am trying to figure out what car to get. I need a new car. My options are looking like either a Acura RSX or a Subaru WRX. I honestly really really want a WRX, its a 2002, I looked and test drove it today, and its sooo damn clean under the hood, but its got 5 or 6 dings that stick out some and the top of the car has pretty deeply enbeded scrapes from a bike rack from a previous owner. they want like $7300 but the motor has like 85K miles on it freshly installed. the RSX I looked at is like $5300 its pretty basic, its also a 2002, but it has like 160k miles on it, it will get slightly better gas mileage. the WRX is more my style, I am gonna see how much its going to cost to get the small dings out tomorrow, and maybe save the bigger ones for another day.

Someone help advise me on what to get.

here is the subaru http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3813058468.html
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon May 27, 2013 10:11 pm

WRX all the way. Turbo AWD vs FWD N/A? Ya.. pretty easy choice imo. And 85k aint that bad either. The WRX you could turn into a beast or keep it as it is and it's still way more legit then any RSX.
Im not an RSX hater or anything, but im just not into any Honda's as much as anything else JDM.

Im actually very interested in getting a Subaru someday. I've always liked them and almost bought one a few years ago. I still kinda wish I did actually, but once I get back to Japan ill have so many rediculously good choices I could fufill that option as my family wagon if I wanted.
Id love to get a STI wagon, slam it, throw on some TE37's and call it a day as a daily driver.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 pm

A DC2 Type R is by far the best FWD Honda, they're great cars. A DC5 is hardly as appealing to me and if it's not a Type R (USDM S) forget even mentioning it.

I have a few friends with Bug Eye WRX's, they're pretty good cars. Not fast, not slow. AWD system is nice. I can see the appeal, mainly as an all year round daily. If you're trying to make any serious power you'll need to rip her apart or embrace that soon to be blown head gasket, but that's common knowledge at this point. If you don't go overboard they can make some fun and reliable power on a stock motor, plus you can't hate on that distinct Scooby sound.

Out of the two I'd definitely take the Bug Eye, it's an easy choice next to a (base?) RSX...
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:18 pm

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale ... ex=9&Log=0

went to get the info on this RSX Type-S but when I called it was already sold last week, I really liked that RSX because well... ok I admit it, it kinda looks like the RSX version of my old s13, and the head unit in this thing is pretty similar to the one in the WRX I am looking at, it has touch screen navi/cd/mp3/aux/DVD player, its pretty sick and it has a sub-woofer in it and an amp the sound system is good in it too.

But yeah, i wish I could have bought that RSX, it was worth it. If I get a RSX I want a Type-S, the one I looked at today was not a Type-S didnt have the 6 Speed manual, which is something I wanted.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic