So how does Ryo get to Bailu Village?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: So how does Ryo get to Bailu Village?

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm sure this is unrelated, but there's a part of the Guilin section where Ryo is leading, and his attention is caught by a sign post. Shenhua takes the lead again at this part, but Ryo hesitates, still looking at the sign post. Shenhua urges Ryo on, and when you can control Ryo again, Ryo won't let you go back to the signpost.

Do we have any ideas at all what that signpost said? I can't imagine what could be written on the signpost apart from Bailu Village that would have prompted such an interest from Ryo.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Ah yes there are 2 or 3 of those signs, and the cut scene doesnt allow Ryo to first person zoom to hear what he says. Does anyone know what the signs say?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby wude » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:39 pm

^do you have video of the cut scene?
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Res » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 pm

The sign actually reads "Starbucks, 2 miles ahead."

Actually, the only cut scene I remember is Ryo seeing the sign that reads "Bailu Village." Don't think there's much else to it. Also, the main path that leads to Bailu Village is prevented by a previous landslide. Therefore, perhaps climbing over a rock or something near Shen Hua's house is just an alternate route to the heart of the village.

Much more important is the fluff scene. :lol:
Res
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:27 am

Ya Ash is probably right with this one. Considering Shahua leads Ryo a few times and considering the various paths that cant be taken, most likely Ryo and Shahua would go back to these paths at some point and get to Bailu.
Real good topic btw Peter. Dont think we've discussed it before.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Axm wrote: Real good topic btw Peter. Dont think we've discussed it before.

Thanks dude. I have another topic i want to make discussing something, but i need to screencap something from Shenmue II. Its a clue that i have never seen discussed here in 7 years. I have did a few searches and i cannot see one topic regarding it. Someone did mention it in 1 post in 2003 and it was never commented on or even acknowledged. ;-)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Peter wrote:

Thanks dude. I have another topic i want to make discussing something, but i need to screencap something from Shenmue II. Its a clue that i have never seen discussed here in 7 years. I have did a few searches and i cannot see one topic regarding it. Someone did mention it in 1 post in 2003 and it was never commented on or even acknowledged. ;-)

That sounds interesting.......
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Ziming » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Peter wrote:

You should bring back the Shenmue research material you created in various topics from years back. I'm sure you made a copy of the research before you deleted it.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:18 am

Ziming wrote:You should bring back the Shenmue research material you created in various topics from years back. I'm sure you made a copy of the research before you deleted it.

Funny you should say that Zim, because i recently recovered the original text, and since i have gotten the members gallery out of the way im now working on putting the original images, quotes and coding into the origianl post in 2004. :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Res » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:05 am

Peter wrote:

Hmmmm..... :-k

Now that you have my attention, I wait impatiently .....
Res
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:06 pm

I think Ryo will go to Miao village after bailu. I'm looking forward to it. OMG! I just can't wait anymore. I want to play this game. I been trying to win the jackpot so I can fund Shenmue 3. But is no easy task.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Myles » Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 am

Awesome topic, and Ash got it right on the nose. Such an exciting time of the game (the first couple times u play it, now it's just a tease)
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Latin King » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:12 pm

Peter wrote:A hidden cut scene found by LanDC indicates that after leaving the Stone Pit, Ryo and Shenhua return to her house and sleep there before presumably going to the village the next morning

Sorry to bump this really old topic, but I REALLY want to know if this cutscene is available anywhere. I would love to see it.
Latin King
West Coast
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:41 am

Latin King wrote:
Peter wrote:A hidden cut scene found by LanDC indicates that after leaving the Stone Pit, Ryo and Shenhua return to her house and sleep there before presumably going to the village the next morning

Sorry to bump this really old topic, but I REALLY want to know if this cutscene is available anywhere. I would love to see it.

He means this scene, I guess:

phpBB [video]

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: Latin King
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Latin King » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
Latin King wrote:

He means this scene, I guess:

phpBB [video]

Thanks Kiyuu! I guess the scene wasn't really that big a deal haha, but at least I got to see it :D
Latin King
West Coast
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue III