So how does Ryo get to Bailu Village?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

So how does Ryo get to Bailu Village?

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm

I have been going through the Guilin section of Shenmue II very carefully, listening to what Shenhua has to say in conversations, and admiring the beautiful scenery of each path. When you reach her house you take the long path up the hill, which appears to be on the mountains edge, and what seemingly is a straight and linear path with no where to turn off.
In Shenhuas house, there is 1 side door and this is the door through which Ryo and Shenhua leave through to go to the Stone Pit. To get to the stone pit, they both take the Cloud Birds trail directly to theStone pit. Again this is a linear path with no turn offs at all which leads to the entrance to the Stone Pit.

So my question is simple, how will Ryo get to Bailu Village? We learn from Shenhua that her house is on the edge of the village, but how exactly will Ryo get there from Shenhuas house/Stone Pit? Perhaps the modders could shed some light on any paths we may have missed through cut scenes? If there is none, i guess the travel will be covered up by a cutscene at the beginning of Shenmue III.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: So how does Ryo get to Bailu Village?

Postby R3N » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Well you lose control during the cutscenses so that is where the path should be shown.
My guess is that the path is the same path to reach the cave but you never see it because after you exit shenshua house you enter into a cutscene.
So the actual path is never shown into the actual game. My guess is that the path is not shown and it is before entering Cloud Birds trail.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 pm

My guess. It's a game. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 am

Everytime I play shenhua house section. All I think is about Bailu Village. I hope they don't have a plot where the Chiyoumen burn the village and kill everybody and when you arrive there one person is barely alive. I want to meet all the people and listen what they have to say and play with the kids.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 am

i agree. There was so much dialogue regarding Bailu Village that it would be very disappointing for it not to be in the game.

A hidden cut scene found by LanDC indicates that after leaving the Stone Pit, Ryo and Shenhua return to her house and sleep there before presumably going to the village the next morning
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Fenix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:17 am

That's how they made the game. ONe path one direction.

So imagine you start Shenmue III inside the cave... When you'd going to exit outside, sure you could see 2 different pathes.

By the way, I usually start to cry saying "The village is at the other side of this little mount!!! The village is at the other side of this little mount!!! Fuck!! Let me see it!!!" a long time ago :lol:
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Peter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Fenix wrote:
So imagine you start Shenmue III inside the cave... When you'd going to exit outside, sure you could see 2 different pathes.

But on the walk there, there is no visible paths. Just one directly between Shenhuas home and the Pit.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Fenix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Peter wrote:
Fenix wrote:

But on the walk there, there is no visible paths. Just one directly between Shenhuas home and the Pit.

I supose because there's no other way in true.

But well, it could be fun or even anxious to make another path that when you take it, Ryo stop himself and say "this is the path to Bailu but I have to go to Stone Pit before taking this way".

:rotflmao:
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I don't think it's that important. I can't think they planned it so in Part 3 you'd be in the cave with shenhua and they'd be like "Oh a flying sword. BAIHU! We must go to Baihu village, they are famous for their flying swords!" I guess there's really something in between.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am

You're all wrong here unfortunately guys.. and I thought we had previously discussed this years ago...*sigh* Yu Suzuki even told us this in one of the lesser known interviews.

After they leave the cave, Ryo and Shahua jump off the cliff view near the Shenmue tree and splash down into the river. From there Ryo climbs into LanDi's speed boat and takes out the guards with the Sword of the Seven Stars. He then mans the speed boat and races towards Bailu Village with Shahua's hair waving in the wind freely.
Once they reach Bailu village Shahua recalls its actually the season for the big village festival. Ryo and Shahua party down in the village. Ryo totally gets belligerent drunk and gets into a fight with the local master. This promps a move lesson... and that move was the one used on his father. Ryo is then taught this move extraodinarily quick. The next day LanDi comes to the village. Ryo jumps out of the bushes, does the move on LanDi and the credits are rolled w/ big celebration ala Return of the Jedi.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:30 pm

:bs:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby eazy-b » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Axm wrote:You're all wrong here unfortunately guys.. and I thought we had previously discussed this years ago...*sigh* Yu Suzuki even told us this in one of the lesser known interviews.

After they leave the cave, Ryo and Shahua jump off the cliff view near the Shenmue tree and splash down into the river. From there Ryo climbs into LanDi's speed boat and takes out the guards with the Sword of the Seven Stars. He then mans the speed boat and races towards Bailu Village with Shahua's hair waving in the wind freely.
Once they reach Bailu village Shahua recalls its actually the season for the big village festival. Ryo and Shahua party down in the village. Ryo totally gets belligerent drunk and gets into a fight with the local master. This promps a move lesson... and that move was the one used on his father. Ryo is then taught this move extraodinarily quick. The next day LanDi comes to the village. Ryo jumps out of the bushes, does the move on LanDi and the credits are rolled w/ big celebration ala Return of the Jedi.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_o47Gs6DQ0[/youtube]
eazy-b
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Peter wrote:A hidden cut scene found by LanDC indicates that after leaving the Stone Pit, Ryo and Shenhua return to her house and sleep there before presumably going to the village the next morning

I never seen that cutscene Peter. Where can I see it?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby wude » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm

eazy-b wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_o47Gs6DQ0[/youtube]

:rotflmao:

gboy alter ego?
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 pm

already reported
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III