Things That Made You Laugh Today

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 am

I love the Saturn, and I got a Japanese Saturn purely for the aesthetics. I think the grey and blue looks better than the black. Of course, the Christman white version is my favorite, but it was too expensive at the time when I collected stuff.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwPg2oarG_c[/youtube]

OL has received a thanks from: Axm
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyfyjYWXFs4[/youtube]

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 pm

wonder what he was planning to do with her after he bent her unconscious body on to the bed. Rape? Or necrophilia? Also what would a half human half cat man baby look like if she was only unconscious but still alive, and kept the baby. (I know there was no abortions in that time, but still she could throw herself down a flight of stairs at 8 months pregnant)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 am

They actually put this in the lore. The race of the mother is the race of the offspring. No hybrids in Elder Scrolls.

It would be a fun feature in a future ES game, though. Mixing races and their powers/attributes during character creation.

And I'm sure killing very young human life could be accomplished by means of magic or alchemy. As a matter of fact, that's in the lore too. I believe Emperor Tiber Septim destroyed one of his preborn illegitimate children because his mistress carrying the unwanted offspring was the Queen of a neighboring kingdom.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 am

Master Kyodai has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, OL
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:20 am

KiBa has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Kenny, Martin
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:30 am

KiBa wrote: They actually put this in the lore. The race of the mother is the race of the offspring. No hybrids in Elder Scrolls.

It would be a fun feature in a future ES game, though. Mixing races and their powers/attributes during character creation.

And I'm sure killing very young human life could be accomplished by means of magic or alchemy. As a matter of fact, that's in the lore too. I believe Emperor Tiber Septim destroyed one of his preborn illegitimate children because his mistress carrying the unwanted offspring was the Queen of a neighboring kingdom.

Well the genetics must be all kinds of fucked in the ES universe then. No wonder time never progresses and modernizes. Also that could break down to the whole what came first chicken or egg debate. What came first the mother or the child?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:39 am

KiBa wrote: They actually put this in the lore. The race of the mother is the race of the offspring. No hybrids in Elder Scrolls.

Wow. I'm a nut for that game, and said in another topic I was "OCD" for it and did about everything in it, but you're obviously even more so! I've read a few of the books in it, but nowhere near able to reference them like you did!
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1mJ9atk3dE[/youtube]

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiBa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Well the genetics must be all kinds of fucked in the ES universe then. No wonder time never progresses and modernizes. Also that could break down to the whole what came first chicken or egg debate. What came first the mother or the child?

I'm about to sound like an even bigger twat, but in the book The Annotated Anuad, it is suggested that two Brothers came first into Void and Time, Light and Darkness, and from their interplay came a Mother, who became pregnant with Light, whom she loved, and the jealous and embittered Darkness was exiled by Light back beyond Void and Time from whence they came. So, neither mother, nor child, came first.

Also, all the races of Nirn were magically altered from one race: the Ehlnofey. Part of the spell that makes some Ehlnofey elves and others men is that mothers determine the race of mixed offspring. I would guess, therefore, if any of this were not completely imaginary, that there are no genes in the Elder Scrolls universe.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Wow. I'm a nut for that game, and said in another topic I was "OCD" for it and did about everything in it, but you're obviously even more so! I've read a few of the books in it, but nowhere near able to reference them like you did!

I read the books in Elder Scrolls more than my homework. It's very disturbing, actually.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Also that could break down to the whole what came first chicken or egg debate.

The egg clearly came first. Birds, along with reptiles are the only living descendants of the dinosaurs (not counting insects and the like that are still about). As such, the egg was always present. What came out of the egg slowly evolved into a chicken.

So the egg came first.

Martin has received a thanks from: Spokane
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Martin wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Also that could break down to the whole what came first chicken or egg debate.

The egg clearly came first. Birds, along with reptiles are the only living descendants of the dinosaurs (not counting insects and the like that are still about). As such, the egg was always present. What came out of the egg slowly evolved into a chicken.

So the egg came first.
Rooster came first.

I will be her all night ladies and gents

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:38 pm

KiBa wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Well the genetics must be all kinds of fucked in the ES universe then. No wonder time never progresses and modernizes. Also that could break down to the whole what came first chicken or egg debate. What came first the mother or the child?

I'm about to sound like an even bigger twat, but in the book The Annotated Anuad, it is suggested that two Brothers came first into Void and Time, Light and Darkness, and from their interplay came a Mother, who became pregnant with Light, whom she loved, and the jealous and embittered Darkness was exiled by Light back beyond Void and Time from whence they came. So, neither mother, nor child, came first.

Also, all the races of Nirn were magically altered from one race: the Ehlnofey. Part of the spell that makes some Ehlnofey elves and others men is that mothers determine the race of mixed offspring. I would guess, therefore, if any of this were not completely imaginary, that there are no genes in the Elder Scrolls universe.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Wow. I'm a nut for that game, and said in another topic I was "OCD" for it and did about everything in it, but you're obviously even more so! I've read a few of the books in it, but nowhere near able to reference them like you did!

I read the books in Elder Scrolls more than my homework. It's very disturbing, actually.

Holy crap was not expecting that response. Kiba, you nerd. :mrgreen: And yes it is very disturbing.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Martin
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic