Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Resident Evil

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 am

Timed exclusives are killing gaming for me. Terrible as is store exclusive crap.

Three timed-exclusive chunks of DLC will be made available for the Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil 6.

That’s according to the Xbox.com Resident Evil 6 page, which says, “3 new modes exclusive to Xbox 360 coming soon. Microsoft will announce 3 timed exclusive modes for Capcom’s Resident Evil 6 available after the game’s release on 2nd October. Further details TBC.”

We don’t know what they are. We don’t know how much they will cost. We don’t know much really. But hey, timed-exclusive stuff. That’s always good right?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... x-360.html
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 am

An exclusive game mode? Who the fuck would.. Christ I can't even finish the sentence on this one.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Tuffty wrote: Japan has it's own Resident Evil cafe. Though I can't remember which game had the hot girls in hotpants, they are a welcome addition.

Im so there next time im in Tokyo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Timed exclusives are killing gaming for me. Terrible as is store exclusive crap.

Three timed-exclusive chunks of DLC will be made available for the Xbox 360 version of Resident Evil 6.

That’s according to the Xbox.com Resident Evil 6 page, which says, “3 new modes exclusive to Xbox 360 coming soon. Microsoft will announce 3 timed exclusive modes for Capcom’s Resident Evil 6 available after the game’s release on 2nd October. Further details TBC.”

We don’t know what they are. We don’t know how much they will cost. We don’t know much really. But hey, timed-exclusive stuff. That’s always good right?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... x-360.html

Capcom and Rockstar are terrible with this shit.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 pm

With GTA IV i could sort of understand, R* could not afford to do what they planned without financial backing. MS were the ones to loan the money. [the deal ran out as soon as said loan was paid back]

But then seeing how long it took the DLC's to come out R* should have just used some millions they made from the actual game. Its still not something i support and even less so when DLC stays exclusive [like playing as the Joker on the PS3's B:AA]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Right, I'm considering buying 6 but the last one I played was 4. Story-wise, is it essential to play 5 beforehand?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:06 pm

You could get all you need off youtube or wiki to be honest.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:07 pm

QWERTY™ wrote: Right, I'm considering buying 6 but the last one I played was 4. Story-wise, is it essential to play 5 beforehand?

Resident evil has a Story?

Yea, you won't know what Chris is crying about if you don't play 5, and some major events happen that will likely get talked about for example Wesker Jr. Interacting with Chris.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby QWERTY » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm

I don't know if I can be arsed really. This is why I haven't bothered with Metal Gear Solid for such a long time now. It's all become so gawd dayumn convoluted.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeaaa, for a while i ignored Peace walker, but GZ looks so good I had to try to understand it to get whats going on.

In terms of RE 5 stuff happened in 5 but its not really all that convoluted. The head of Umbrella died(Spencer), Wesker Died and Jill who was presumed dead, didn't die but a bunch of guys under Chris' command got slaughtered.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yama » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Biohazard actually used to have an interesting story, yes. Pre-BH4. Too bad it went down with Raccoon City.

Yama has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, wude
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby QWERTY » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Yama wrote: Biohazard actually used to have an interesting story, yes. Pre-BH4. Too bad it went down with Raccoon City.

Hang on, Resident Evil isn't called Bio-Hazard in the states, is it?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:
Yama wrote: Biohazard actually used to have an interesting story, yes. Pre-BH4. Too bad it went down with Raccoon City.

Hang on, Resident Evil isn't called Bio-Hazard in the states, is it?

No but Yama is a purist and RE & Biohaze is his baby.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Yama wrote:]Biohazard actually used to have an interesting story, yes. Pre-BH4. Too bad it went down with Raccoon City.

Well, yeah, you of all people would say that. But really, I think the series had a brilliant B-movie horror plotline with some fantastic scenarios and atmosphere. We'll have to see if they can bring it any of that back with RE6. People can complain about RE5 all they like, I thought the gameplay was really fricking fun, though. At least, I know the gameplay will be fun with RE6.

RE2 is still my favourite and Hideki Kamiya hasn't directed a better game in his career.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Lisa from RE-make is still to me one of the saddest creepiest and most disturbing stories in gaming.
RE had a great story and back story before RE4. RE4 is right when I lost interest in the series
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming