Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Your right it's social interaction. If in a year your hanging out with two friends who like the new MGS game you may say you dislike it. If they keep talking about it and their experience over the next few weeks you don't keep going on about how you hate it. It's socially retarded and will piss people off. You've stated your case now let people talk about it without forcing your opinion down their throat.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Your right it's social interaction. If in a year your hanging out with two friends who like the new MGS game you may say you dislike it. If they keep talking about it and their experience over the next few weeks you don't keep going on about how you hate it. It's socially retarded and will piss people off. You've stated your case now let people talk about it without forcing your opinion down their throat.

It's a public board and I will say what I want and when I want no matter if somebody likes it or not. I wouldn't be friends with people who can't indulge in constructive criticisms just because they like something that I dislike. Compromising because others think differently is pathetic. You're also being as selfish as Ryudo. You really can't understand that somebody might be equally pissed by your carefree posts about each game you play. Your idea of social interaction is a childish one, the kind of interaction between a school bully and those who he keeps on a leash made of fear.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby KiBa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:31 pm

:shock: ... The Dojo has a pretty bad case of bitchitis of late. It's like you're all typing out the scripts of any given female character from The Walking Dead.

Moving on. Check out this guy's name. Hahahahah.

http://www.gamespot.com/beyond-two-soul ... s-6381342/
Last edited by KiBa on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: OL, Spokane
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:31 pm

It's not constructive when your sig says you hate everything and that people who don't "see what Dorian See's" is an idiot. It's one thing to dislike something it's another to base your life on hatred and if they don't agree with me they are idiots and wrong.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Spokane, St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Nope. Stop it. Let's laugh. Here.

KiBa has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Bluecast wrote: It's not constructive when your sig says you hate everything and that people who don't "see what Dorian See's" is an idiot. It's one thing to dislike something it's another to base your life on hatred and if they don't agree with me they are idiots and wrong.

It is constructive if people don't turn into whinny bitches using personal attacks as a way to express their masked hatred.

The problem here is that some people want to force others into doing something, and that's just sickening. It is my signature, which you don't even understand the way I do. It is also my life and I can base it on whatever I like to. Just like I obviosuly have the right to think whatever I like to. You are trying to fit others into your own image of the world. But the saddest thing about all of this is that you know nothing about me and you just keep on using flawed thinking to write simplistic bullshit like "You base your life on hatred!".
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Dorian wrote: It's a public board and I will say what I want and when I want no matter if somebody likes it or not. I wouldn't be friends with people who can't indulge in constructive criticisms just because they like something that I dislike. Compromising because others think differently is pathetic. You're also being as selfish as Ryudo. You really can't understand that somebody might be equally pissed by your carefree posts about each game you play. Your idea of social interaction is a childish one, the kind of interaction between a school bully and those who he keeps on a leash made of fear.

I'm all for debates on this forum it was one of the reasons I so badly wanted Clint and Martin back.

What I'm saying is we don't need to hear the same reason over and over again. About 4 years ago at work my friends would talk about CoD for hours on end. At first I just said I wasn't really into the game and said why. Every time they talked about it from then on I wouldn't butt in and say why I dislike it again. I'd let them talk and enjoy themselves since at the end of the day it's just rude.

Oblivion and Skyrim are games that I have no interest in and from every trailer I have seen I find things I don't like the look of. When someone made the thread I simply said I wasn't impressed and left it at that. The main reason being that maybe someone could tell me why I should be. Now every time a trailer got posted I wouldn't say how it looks like shit again since people already know I don't care for it. It just comes across as rude and ruins the topic for the other people.

Now it is different if when FFXV comes out and people have played it to debate on it. OL may say it's the best FF game ever while Clint feels it has a poor story compared to others. They are keeping the topic going and bringing up points rather then just stating that the director is talentless non stop.

There is a fine line between debating and being a douche to those who want to talk about a topic.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, St. Elmo's Fire
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Take this debate to Private Message, please, you're crapping up the topic at hand. Also, the three of you, quit the name calling, it's getting tiring.

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, Peter, Spokane
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:50 pm

which you don't even understand the way I do.

Pretentious much? :lol:

K I'm done
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Take this debate to Private Message, please, you're crapping up the topic at hand. Also, the three of you, quit the name calling, it's getting tiring.

Thank heaven you finally got here, Sheriff! I tried to tell 'em to stop, but they wouldn't listen!

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 pm

KiBa wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: Take this debate to Private Message, please, you're crapping up the topic at hand. Also, the three of you, quit the name calling, it's getting tiring.

Thank heaven you finally got here, Sheriff! I tried to tell 'em to stop, but they wouldn't listen!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XiYUYcpsT4[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 pm

KiBa wrote: Nope. Stop it. Let's laugh. Here.

Is that Pre op or post op?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm so afraid of dumping more fuel on the ever expanding fire that I've taken to just abstaining from the bickering and the drama as of late. But I must say at this point that I am continually disappointed and dismayed at the threads of community repeatedly and continually being ripped out in the face of increasingly polarized opinions and my way or the high way mentalities and drama. Why can't you all agree to disagree when one view contrasts another? Why can't you all treat each other respectfully and talk out your problems with more compassion for what someone else is feeling or thinking on the subject?

Maybe it's not the Dojo. I see increasing disparity and tense, boiling over stress and anxiety in us or them mentalities and team forming in every facet of our society. Rich versus poor, Democrats versus Republicans, big corporate third party developers and smaller, struggling independent ones. Sometimes I fear our natures will tear each other apart if we don't start expecting better of ourselves.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:09 pm

I'll just say my peace. I wasn't trying to get Dorian to leave this place just trying to ask him to be more considerate of the others on this board. I wasn't being nasty just getting my point across but because of this being text it's hard to judge how people are saying things and it can seem like I'm raging on my keyboard.

Everything is fine.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Sonikku wrote: Maybe it's not the Dojo. I see increasing disparity and tense, boiling over stress and anxiety in us or them mentalities and team forming in every facet of our society. Rich versus poor, Democrats versus Republicans, big corporate third party developers and smaller, struggling independent ones. Sometimes I fear our natures will tear each other apart if we don't start expecting better of ourselves.

That's what I'm saying since day one, but I guess my wording is off and only some people get my meaning behind "This world hates us, and we must hate it in return." I won't compromise on my wording, though.

It doesn't matter in the end. We are ourselves and we're stay like that until it's over. Some find friends in us, some find monsters in us. What's the ground we all walk upon truly thinking about us all? Another pointless question. At the end of the day, this is just a VG board with some people liking each other and others not liking each other.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming