Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Dorian wrote:At the end of the day, this is just a VG board with some people liking each other and others not liking each other.

Its a Shenmue board, with an active VG forum. We all came here out of a genuine liking for one game in particular, and its on that basis that we share at least 1 common interest which we can all use as some sort of foundation to get along. From this, there should exist, a minimum level of respect for each other, and not see it get torn apart by opinions. Personalities can be as crazy as they want to be, and debates as fierce as a they come. But all must happen with an element of respect for everyone else involved here. Once that goes, then yes, the place is getting torn apart. But when that happens, everyone should well know that their time being welcomed here will become extremely limited.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sonikku » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Dorian wrote:
That's what I'm saying since day one, but I guess my wording is off and only some people get my meaning behind "This world hates us, and we must hate it in return." I won't compromise on my wording, though.

I see your point of view. Mine is merely that maybe it's when the world hates us most that the need for us to send back out our love is all the more essential.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Peter wrote:Its a Shenmue board, with an active VG forum. We all came here out of a genuine liking for one game in particular, and its on that basis that we share at least 1 common interest which we can all use as some sort of foundation to get along. From this, there should exist, a minimum level of respect for each other, and not see it get torn apart by opinions. Personalities can be as crazy as they want to be, and debates as fierce as a they come. But all must happen with an element of respect for everyone else involved here. Once that goes, then yes, the place is getting torn apart. But when that happens, everyone should well know that their time being welcomed here will become extremely limited.

^Well said. It's ok not to like what someone posts but at the end of the day we don't truly know one another. Clint said it best once when he said you never really know someone personally online since they can be someone different it real life. On that basis no one should 'hate' an individual.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Hate shouldnt exist at all. I dont hate a single thing in my life. Nothing at all. Hate, for me, is an element of someones personality who has a deep and emotional imbalance within themselves. I aint a Hari Krishna, banging tambourines going on about love, but hate?? Christ lifes too short man. Move on to something else if you feel hated for something.

Peter has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Like I said in another topic. hate is a secondary and useless emotion. Fine to be passionate and have strong opinions. But hatred? It's stupid and pathetic.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Dorian wrote:
That's what I'm saying since day one, but I guess my wording is off and only some people get my meaning behind "This world hates us, and we must hate it in return." I won't compromise on my wording, though.

I see your point of view. Mine is merely that maybe it's when the world hates us most that the need for us to send back out our love is all the more essential.

Mine is that this world is just an illusion rooted in hate for the transcendental. Breaking this illusion doesn't have anything to do with the state of your mind. The mind and the body - those are just tools to strengthen the illusion of this world. That's why you can understand everything and still be a worthless human being. There are things emanating from outside of this world, things that can be called 'love', 'compassion', but it's not really about simple human-created words and dichotomies. Hate can be a part of the transcendental as a spiritual guideline for the wickedness of this world. It can be of the same positive qualities as the so-called 'love'. Existence in flesh means that you are bound to make mistakes when affiliating your imprisoned soul with the illusive realm.

I'm the last to treat anything from this world seriously. After all, "In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Remember when the arguing on here used to be entertaining? I couldn't even be arsed readin all of that. You all need to stop bein so boring and post something legitimately funny if you're gonna bash eachother. At least then it's a little more acceptable.

Oh, and btw Dorian, I'm the only person on this planet who's right 100% of the time, and I disagree with the above post. Therefore, you are wrong.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:54 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Therefore, you are wrong.

But I will still beat your ass in VF5FS.

BTW, I just heard that Wii U Zelda is coming in 2014 and it will be the biggest Zelda game ever made. It reminded me that I still wasn't able to get Skyward Sword.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Don't care. I'd beat your arse on Assassin's Creed: Revelations. And irl too. Unless you turn out to be an alternate account belonging to Clint, of course.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Don't care. I'd beat your arse on Assassin's Creed: Revelations. And irl too. Unless you turn out to be an alternate account belonging to Clint, of course.

Assassin's Creed is shit. Real men play VF5FS. And gays too.
Last edited by Dorian on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorian has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Thief » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I do, and will, hate. Hatred is just as important as love, in my opinion. As long as my hatred is rational, then I can use it to better my judgement. Just as someone might spend their whole life with someone they love, they also spend their whole life avoiding those that they hate.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, ThyDarkAngel
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 pm

:-"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dbQqrEamdQ[/youtube]
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Real men play FIFA. And CoD. Coz real men ain't geeky enough to look further than the supermarket shelf to find a game. Real talk.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:02 pm

KiBa wrote: :-"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dbQqrEamdQ[/youtube]

The artificial laugh killed it.

Her hat is awful, especially with that top.

MiTT3NZ wrote: Real men play FIFA. And CoD. Coz real men ain't geeky enough to look further than the supermarket shelf to find a game. Real talk.

Real men are shit so they like shit. Logical.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, I learned some valuable life lessons today. Thanks for the philosophy, everyone.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming