Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:See, I agree, but some semi-premium/premium manufacturers have actually been doing really well in recent years (Apple comes to mind for the electronics side, and their markups are a wet dream to Sony.)...

PS3 is still, more or less, a "toy" though, and Apple products can at least be used by and marketed to everyone, so unfortunately I think they will be "hit" in some big way (though won't go under.). When something that was once so mighty falls, it's gonna make a pretty big bang too...

I keep reading that Apple is doing worse and worse, actually. It's as if these companies became so big that they can't turn a profit that would satisfy the investors anymore, even with so well-known brands.

The most important thing here is that I don't care about it all. The only company I cared about was SEGA. Whether they live or die, I just don't care. There's always going to be some company offering products we want. It's no use fretting about all of this.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am

Dorian wrote:
There's always going to be some company offering products we want. It's no use fretting about all of this.

Also totally agree with that. Kinda surprised that you said that as well. ;-)

Acompany like Apple must have huge overheads, but with a quite obsessed userbase buying the "new" "updated" etc. products in the millions, worldwide, at their high prices, I can't see how they can be losing? Surely the hardware can't cost THAT much to develop, since it's pretty unremarkable really, it just looks nice and (mostly) is simple, smooth and nice to use?

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Dorian
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 am

Dorian has received a thanks from: KiBa
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Capcom may have asked Spark Unlimited to revive and reboot an unnamed adventure series. The publication is speculating that the game in question may just be Onimusha.

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/09/25/ps ... evelopers/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm

<_<
I'm not surprised, but that doesn't make the idea of handing off such a distinctly Japanese series to a western dev any less retarded.

Despite that, I do have to say that I actually like how Lost Planet 3 looks, so I won't immediately bash the dev itself. It just makes no sense to hand a samurai series to some California-based studio.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:10 pm

OL wrote: <_<
I'm not surprised, but that doesn't make the idea of handing off such a distinctly Japanese series to a western dev any less retarded.

That's the company Inafune works for. Fancy that.

Dorian has received a thanks from: OL
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Does he really? Well there might be some sound reasoning in there after all.
Still, can't help but think that a studio like that, regardless of Inafune being around, would still make the game feel a whole helluva lot more western.

OL has received a thanks from: Dorian
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 pm

OL wrote:Does he really? Well there might be some sound reasoning in there after all.

Inafune is the producer at Comcept Spark, which is a studio at Spark Unlimited (YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z).

OL wrote:Still, can't help but think that a studio like that, regardless of Inafune being around, would still make the game feel a whole helluva lot more western.

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't want to brag. I've used my daily limit of hate for today.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Spokane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Dorian wrote:
OL wrote:Does he really? Well there might be some sound reasoning in there after all.

Inafune is the producer at Comcept Spark, which is a studio at Spark Unlimited (YAIBA: Ninja Gaiden Z).

OL wrote:Still, can't help but think that a studio like that, regardless of Inafune being around, would still make the game feel a whole helluva lot more western.

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't want to brag. I've used my daily limit of hate for today.

I wasn't aware you had a limit.

Spokane has received a thanks from: KiBa
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Spokane wrote:I wasn't aware you had a limit.

Dorian has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Spokane
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Dorian wrote:

Nope. He's collaborating with Spark Unlimited, Inafune is leader of the company "Comcept". They're two different entities entirely. They are co-developing the new Ninja Gaiden game together with some help off Team Ninja, though, yeah.

If Onimusha is handed off to Spark Unlimited, it'll be bad. Remember the game Legendary for Ps3/360? Yeah, I don't either. :lol:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:08 pm

and they use UE 3
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby KiBa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 pm

The westernization of the east (which is also the easternization of the west) seems good and desirable. Sonic 2 is an excellent example of how an admixture can surpass its parts, memetically. Genetically, the following is proof that there could still exist beauty under such circumstances that the races of mankind tended toward hybridization:

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+ja ... 80&bih=622

KiBa has received a thanks from: mue 26
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Nope. He's collaborating with Spark Unlimited, Inafune is leader of the company "Comcept". They're two different entities entirely. They are co-developing the new Ninja Gaiden game together with some help off Team Ninja, though, yeah.

According to their website, YAIBA is an internal project of Spark Unlimited, with Inafune working for them as a part of the company because the whole idea behind Spark is that it's owned by the employees. Isn't Comcept just... a concept to begin with, not an actual company? I mean, it's legally a company, but factually, is it a company? Who works there outside of Inafune? He is doing 'collaborations' all the time. I believe that he is working with or for Spark at the moment, under some kind of contract. It's pretty fucked up since there are so many parties involved, but it's actually Spark that makes the game, meat-wise. If the Onimusha rumours are true, then it's certainly because of Inafune being integrated into Spark in one way or another.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm

So One Piece despite "competitive pricing" is 50$, for a FUCKING DOWNLOAD ONLY FUCKING GAME, WHAT THEW FUCK YOU WANT PEOPLE TO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY PUTTING A BIGAS GAME ON THEIR DRIVES AND SPENDING HOURS FUCKING DOWNLOADING THE MOTHERFUCKING THING AND THEY AREN'T GOING TO GET A FUCKING PRICE CUT. WORST FUCKING THING IS I ONLY HAD 40$ FUCKING DOLLARS 10 FUCKING DOLLARS, FOR 10 FUCKING MEASLY FUCKING DOLLARS YOU GET TO MISS OUT ON A WHOLE SALE, WORSE YET THEY'RE SELLING DLC NEXT FUCKING WEEK WELL FUCK.

I was so hype, I was going to buy the game and recommend it to everyone, now I'm just pissed. why should i spend 50$ on a game that I'm not even really the owner of.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1L3HN0cvg[/youtube]

If you see me on later playing it, thats means someone got fed up and gave me 10$
If you see me on later and I'm not playing anything, it means someone got fed up and killed me.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming