Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: So One Piece despite "competitive pricing" is 50$, for a FUCKING DOWNLOAD ONLY FUCKING GAME, WHAT THEW FUCK YOU WANT PEOPLE TO GO OUT OF THEIR WAY PUTTING A BIGAS GAME ON THEIR DRIVES AND SPENDING HOURS FUCKING DOWNLOADING THE MOTHERFUCKING THING AND THEY AREN'T GOING TO GET A FUCKING PRICE CUT. WORST FUCKING THING IS I ONLY HAD 40$ FUCKING DOLLARS 10 FUCKING DOLLARS, FOR 10 FUCKING MEASLY FUCKING DOLLARS YOU GET TO MISS OUT ON A WHOLE SALE, WORSE YET THEY'RE SELLING DLC NEXT FUCKING WEEK WELL FUCK.

I was so hype, I was going to buy the game and recommend it to everyone, now I'm just pissed. why should i spend 50$ on a game that I'm not even really the owner of.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1L3HN0cvg[/youtube]

If you see me on later playing it, thats means someone got fed up and gave me 10$
If you see me on later and I'm not playing anything, it means someone got fed up and killed me.

Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby mue 26 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:05 pm

KiBa wrote: The westernization of the east (which is also the easternization of the west) seems good and desirable. Sonic 2 is an excellent example of how an admixture can surpass its parts, memetically. Genetically, the following is proof that there could still exist beauty under such circumstances that the races of mankind tended toward hybridization:

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+ja ... 80&bih=622

Brilliant post. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that a fully globalised world is the way to go and should be welcomed (well, it's not like we have much of a choice in the matter anyway is it), albeit preferably without the nasty side effects like a Spark developed Onimusha.....oh and I suppose home dislocation, shanti towns, exploitation, deforestation, ect. But mainly Spark developed Onimusha's :P

mue 26 has received a thanks from: KiBa
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 pm

mue 26 wrote:
KiBa wrote: The westernization of the east (which is also the easternization of the west) seems good and desirable. Sonic 2 is an excellent example of how an admixture can surpass its parts, memetically. Genetically, the following is proof that there could still exist beauty under such circumstances that the races of mankind tended toward hybridization:

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+ja ... 80&bih=622

Brilliant post. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that a fully globalised world is the way to go and should be welcomed (well, it's not like we have much of a choice in the matter anyway is it), albeit preferably without the nasty side effects like a Spark developed Onimusha.....oh and I suppose home dislocation, shanti towns, exploitation, deforestation, ect. But mainly Spark developed Onimusha's :P

Yeah, it's a great idea. Let us all melt in a one big mass of poo. I'm sure it's going to be phun.

Dorian has received a thanks from: KiBa
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Yeah, I used to feel similarly. But that's the way the world's headed, might as well at least look forward to the positives like the breakdown of nationalistic and racial bullshit. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play some weirdly mediocre Capcom games and have a partay. Rock on.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 pm

mue 26 wrote: Yeah, I used to feel similarly. But that's the way the world's headed, might as well at least look forward to the positives like the breakdown of nationalistic and racial bullshit. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play some weirdly mediocre Capcom games and have a partay. Rock on.

The way the world's headed... yeah, that's kinda the problem. Anyway, enjoy your Crapcom and the partay.

Dorian has received a thanks from: mue 26
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby KiBa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:42 am

mue 26 wrote:The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that a fully globalised world is the way to go and should be welcomed

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHD1uPVkyk0[/youtube]
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:23 am

spent all day bitching moaning, downloaing and installing one piece pirate warriows and now I'm finally playing it and I've gotta say its pure MOTHERFUCKING CLASS!

This is easily the deepest warriors game ever since theres 2 attack buttons and any combination of the 2 is a new move. The presentation is out of this fucking world with these really interesting menus, amazing music that mixes the heavy guitar with the jazzy tracks from one piece and incredibly details and well made cell shaded models with a grain filter that gives everything a slightly manga look. Topping it all of, its got some AMAZING camera angles and cinematic moments. Omega forced learned everything Ashura's Wrath had to teach. It went from being a cute little distraction to being this immense beat em up in my eyes.

It was worth the hype. Will likely import the Euro version to have it forever.

My only disappointment is that "white shirt Zoro" which is the costume he wears through the whole series isn't in the game.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:16 am

So I find it a little strange that Eternal Punishment for PSP hasn't been announced by Atlus USA yet...
Here I thought they were doing a great job getting practically every Megaten release over to the west, but there hasn't been a peep about that one, despite having been out in Japan for a while now...
Starting to wonder if I should just pick up the PS1 version again (I was willing to give it up a while back thinking we'd be getting the PSP version).
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Very odd indeed.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:19 pm

http://www.shopto.net/news/40779/Forza- ... eason-pass

And that's Forza Horizon off my list. £34 worth of DLC already planned and that is 17% cheaper than if you buy them piece by piece. Fucking disgusting.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I've finally solved the shitty DualShock 3 triggers issue in VF5FS... I connected my DualShock 2 via USB. xD

Sony, please stop redesigning DualShock. You suck at it.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

Dorian wrote: I've finally solved the shitty DualShock 3 triggers issue in VF5FS... I connected my DualShock 2 via USB. xD

Sony, please stop redesigning DualShock. You suck at it.

I also have one of those dual shock 2 adapters, they are ace.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:25 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I also have one of those dual shock 2 adapters, they are ace.

Mine actually messes up Square, Cirlce and X. Fortunately, you can fix that in VF5FS.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 pm

I can never go back to wired controllers..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:00 pm

I like wireless but I can stand wired because I usually sit close to the TV anyway.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming