Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 pm

In the end isn't smash Bros just a shameless cash in? Lame combat and the only thing that gets it attention are the characters. Take all those characters out and insert generic nobodies and the game would be lucky to sell 3 copies.

Only seen the E3 demo of Sony's version and it looked dire.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: OL
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: In the end isn't smash Bros just a shameless cash in? Lame combat and the only thing that gets it attention are the characters. Take all those characters out and insert generic nobodies and the game would be lucky to sell 3 copies.

Er... not really. Have you played Smash Bros at all?

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Bluecast
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Last one i played was on the Gamecube i think? Hated it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: In the end isn't smash Bros just a shameless cash in? Lame combat and the only thing that gets it attention are the characters. Take all those characters out and insert generic nobodies and the game would be lucky to sell 3 copies.

One of the dumbest comments ever posted. You obviously never played.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Shock horror. Blue getting butt hurt over a negative Nintendo comment.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: OL
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Shock horror. Blue getting butt hurt over a negative Nintendo comment.

You have this notion I'm a Nintendo fanboy. Newsflash I have 22 systems SEGA systems I have out numbers Nintendo systems 313 retail games.
I dropped the Ninny fanboy 2 years ago when I started collecting

You never played a game in the series if you say lame combat. On a technical level it's very robust and balanced. Simple to pull off as well. There is tourny events that use Melee still. The series is well crafted. Well balanced. I don;t even like Mario so I have sonic always kicking his ass. I think on my save file Mario has the 3rd most falls and Sonic 2nd most KO's.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Last one i played was on the Gamecube i think? Hated it.

The first one I played and owned was Melee but I also have Brawl as well. I wasn't too keen myself on Melee at first either but once you've invested a bit of time in it I think it's a great game. I rarely have time for fighting games nowadays even though I used to love your Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats back in the day but I find games of that genre painfully dull now. In the absence of a Power Stone 3 I settled on Smash Bros and I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the depth and longevity apparent for what may seem a fairly sub-standard Nintendo cash in at first, but this is the case with a lot of their products of this ilk.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 pm

It kinda snuck up on me the last few years but I have become a huge Sonic fan. Lot's of merch and of course tons of the games and even the shows. Only Sonikku is a bigger fan I believe.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Clearly never played it. :P

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: QWERTY
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Image

Clearly never played it. :P

I don't care if you hate it but when your statement about the combat being bad it's just flat wrong. Also click the top link in my sig and suck on that
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Also is that shit on the bottom of the paper?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 pm

The move set is limited compared to other games but it's pretty fun. Does get old really quickly though, at least I think it does. I consider it more of a party game than a fighting game.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Where oh where is Ryo now?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 am

QWERTY™ wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: Last one i played was on the Gamecube i think? Hated it.

The first one I played and owned was Melee but I also have Brawl as well. I wasn't too keen myself on Melee at first either but once you've invested a bit of time in it I think it's a great game. I rarely have time for fighting games nowadays even though I used to love your Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats back in the day but I find games of that genre painfully dull now. In the absence of a Power Stone 3 I settled on Smash Bros and I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the depth and longevity apparent for what may seem a fairly sub-standard Nintendo cash in at first, but this is the case with a lot of their products of this ilk.

That's my problem as well. Loved them when i was younger but now days i hardly play them as i get bored too quickly. Last fighting game i bought was Mortal Kombat 9 i belive.
As for Powerstone i loved that game. Not played it in years but just the other week someone said its not aged well at all?

And that's a cookie as if you didn't know.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:

That's my problem as well. Loved them when i was younger but now days i hardly play them as i get bored too quickly. Last fighting game i bought was Mortal Kombat 9 i belive.
As for Powerstone i loved that game. Not played it in years but just the other week someone said its not aged well at all?

And that's a cookie as if you didn't know.

I still play Power Stone whenever I decide to get my battered old Dreamcast out for a spin every once in a blue moon. I personally prefer Power Stone 2 but they're both still really good games and I wouldn't say they haven't aged well, far from it in fact. I think the last "proper" fighting game I bought was Soul Calibur 2 back on the Gamecube, which I haven't played for ages, along with a lot of my other Gamecube games actually. I might revisit some of them on my week off next week. \:D/
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming