Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby OL » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Christ.
I started writing a response, then the phone rang, so I was on there for half an hour. Surprised how far the conversation went before I could come back to it.
Oh well, may as well post what I'd been typing.

QWERTY™ wrote:As I said, I'm not trying to get a ruse or anything, I'm honestly interested as to how you think it's "cool" to have that kinda stuff on your walls.

Who cares what's "cool"?
I'd say being concerned with that is far more "highschool" than how any of us chooses to decorate our walls.
I'm engaged, and my fiance knows how interested I am in videogames. I'm not trying to impress anyone with how incredibly "mature" I am. I'm not going to decorate my walls with paintings or family pictures just because it shows how much of a grownup I am. I'm at a point in life where I no longer care if anyone else thinks my interests are "childish". I like them, so Iike having a reflection of that on my wall.
No worse than just about anything else a supposedly "mature" person might put on their walls. It's all just a matter of individual interests. My dad is 51, and he has a framed poster from the HBO show Deadwood in the enterance to the livingroom. I always thought it looked pretty cool, actually.

Either way, I only have a single gaming poster up at any given time right now, and it's only in my bedroom. It's not like my house is completely centered around gaming or anything.
And I'm selective about it anyway. Cheesy anime characters are a no-no for me, while a nicely-designed promotional poster is far more preferable. Always framed, never tacked-up by themselves. I don't use them as veritable wallpaper, as you tend to see teenagers doing in the occasional movie. It's all pretty orderly.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Dorian
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:Wind yer neck in. I didn't aim what I posted to anyone in particular. You're obviously offended by what I said because deep down you know it's pathetic. Don't get mad bro.

No, I'm really offended by your aggressive flattening of reality.

I don't find it pathetic in the slightest. Posters can be great and they don't have anything to do with your age.

Kenny wrote:
Dorian wrote: They actually think it's smart to talk shit about others and that it's cool to act superciliously. In reality, it's shallow and boring.

Dude, you're the last person who should be saying that.

Definitely not. I don't think it's cool to offend others and act superciliously. I sometimes offend others because nobody's perfect and even a saint can lose his temper. As for acting superciliously - I never do it. You're mistaking my blèsement for haughtiness.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:24 pm

You guys.. :lol:

Martin has received 4 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:25 pm

O_O what have I started???

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:27 pm

For awhile in my teens I had a KOTOR 2 poster up, and Star Wars poster up.

One day I realize it was pathetic and took them down in fact I just threw them away with a bunch of other Star Wars garbage. Like stupid pop cans with Star Wars on them and stuff, of course I kept most the books. I believe I threw I out all my gaming magazines at the same time. I mean this was like when I was 16 or so. Not even my late teens.

The frame on my world at night sattelite (however the hell you spell it) picture broke or else I'd have that up, that's a really neat picture.
Last edited by Spokane on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:27 pm

OL wrote: Christ.
I started writing a response, then the phone rang, so I was on there for half an hour. Surprised how far the conversation went before I could come back to it.
Oh well, may as well post what I'd been typing.

QWERTY™ wrote:As I said, I'm not trying to get a ruse or anything, I'm honestly interested as to how you think it's "cool" to have that kinda stuff on your walls.

Who cares what's "cool"?
I'd say being concerned with that is far more "highschool" than how any of us chooses to decorate our walls.
I'm engaged, and my fiance knows how interested I am in videogames. I'm not trying to impress anyone with how incredibly "mature" I am. I'm not going to decorate my walls with paintings or family pictures just because it shows how much of a grownup I am. I'm at a point in life where I no longer care if anyone else thinks my interests are "childish". I like them, so Iike having a reflection of that on my wall.
No worse than just about anything else a supposedly "mature" person might put on their walls. It's all just a matter of individual interests. My dad is 51, and he has a framed poster from the HBO show Deadwood in the enterance to the livingroom. I always thought it looked pretty cool, actually.

Either way, I only have a single gaming poster up at any given time right now, and it's only in my bedroom. It's not like my house is completely centered around gaming or anything.
And I'm selective about it anyway. Cheesy anime characters are a no-no for me, while a nicely-designed promotional poster is far more preferable. Always framed, never tacked-up by themselves. I don't use them as veritable wallpaper, as you tend to see teenagers doing in the occasional movie. It's all pretty orderly.

Yo dude I don't really give a rats what anyone thinks about what I have on my walls. I do however personally just think it's a bit wanky to have shit like that up. I put up what I want, and obviously my personal preference is not what you guys like. That's fine for you to have that shit up, honestly good for you, I just fink its a bit sad innit loike.

Dorian wrote:Definitely not. I don't think it's cool to offend others and act superciliously. I sometimes offend others because nobody's perfect and even a saint can lose his temper. As for acting superciliously - I never do it. You're mistaking my blèsement for haughtiness.

Keep telling yourself that. \:D/
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 pm

So damn close to getting a Vita & 3DS that I'm getting really anxious. Come on mail just deliver my debit card. Sadly only game I have to get for Vita for now is Gravity Rush. I don;t mean that in a way of putting the game down. Just that it's the only game on Vita really worth owning. The Uncharted game looks like a shameless tack on to show off the touch screen. Same way mario 64 DS was.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Oh, us!

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:39 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: O_O what have I started???

A debate. As long as the comments like calling people insecure stay out these kind of subjects are fun.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:41 pm

One has to admit getting a bunch of nutcases in one area creates alot of free entertainment. Can't pass it up, really.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:42 pm

OL has us all *earmarked for deletion*
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Actually upon reflection I'm not one to call anyone pathetic when I have an avatar of an Ewok telling you to prepare your anus.

QWERTY has received 4 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ, Spokane, Who Really Cares?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Spokane » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:48 pm

To add I'm too boring now as far as wall decoration goes, I don't really have anything up right now. So that's not really cool either.

Spokane has received a thanks from: Rakim
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Posters with good artwork are... well, Art.
How can people have a problem with that?

Juvenile is one's posture about life surely not what you hang on your walls?

ThyDarkAngel has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, OL
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:42 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote: Posters with good artwork are... well, Art.
How can people have a problem with that?

Juvenile is one's posture about life surely not what you hang on your walls?

Oh no please don't make this go down the are games art avenue again. Please.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming